Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Karate Bastard posted:

Concrete Keith is a bomb rear end username, on par with Shithouse Dave, and his friend Normal Dave, who used to be called Fuckup Dave but later did something so awesome he got promoted to Normal Dave.

And a joke from Hogfather suddenly makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Web comics that make me smile

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
:nws: new oglaf :nws:

ending made me lol

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
goddamn, if oglaf isn't one of solidest webcomics out there, I didn't not see that one coming :v:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Neither did he!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A good twist. Also, I think that's the first time I've seen a transman in Oglaf. Neat.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

A good twist. Also, I think that's the first time I've seen a transman in Oglaf. Neat.
Thank you for making me realize there's a page 2, and now I'm sharing that revelation with the world. I always miss those on that site.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The bottom right corner is cut off on the last page of a given story, so if it's ever a full rectangle, there's more. I guess technically the differentiator is the white line given this (mostly SFW) page, but eh.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Also worth noting is that they make their own SFW parodies of their comics and post them on their patreon and tumblr, which are easy to miss since the link for them is in a random rotation with their store link in the bottom right of their site.

Eg,

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: whoops, don't mind me just passing through.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Metos posted:

Also worth noting is that they make their own SFW parodies of their comics and post them on their patreon and tumblr, which are easy to miss since the link for them is in a random rotation with their store link in the bottom right of their site.

Eg,

It's like reverse goatkcd. I like it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

WHAT THE gently caress. gently caress YOU.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

LifeSunDeath posted:

WHAT THE gently caress. gently caress YOU.

Looks like somebody doesn't get Compu-Toon.

:smug:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Looks like somebody doesn't get Compu-Toon.

:smug:

It's the comic panel for this technological era.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Turkey.com

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Sorry, it just made me confused then angry. Because there is no goddamn joke there. None. The author has to be a bot.

e: N/m the author is real, and droll as hell.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Sep 17, 2018

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why is the other guy holding a Gameboy?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Metos posted:

Eg,

Didn't know they did other comics than oglaf, found this on their patreon

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sorry, it just made me confused then angry. Because there is no goddamn joke there. None. The author has to be a bot.

Maybe the bot is to be in your cpu processor, cyber-friend.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

compu toon owns, and i will hear no disparagement of charles boyce's perfect beautiful brain

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What if "Charles Boyce" is just the pen name for an AI that gained sentience decades ago, and these are the types of jokes that computers find really funny.

This isn't the timeline where the future is a bleak dystopia where humans are hunted by sleek, hyper-intelligent robots, its the one where computers are slightly retarted and just want to spend their time getting some laffs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I vaguely remember some guy from the newspaper comics thread actually met him and said that he was a perfectly pleasant person if a little touched.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sure, why not, he seems like if your grandad were still alive and also a cartoonist.

We should cherish this kind of cluelessness as it won't be around for much longer, my boomer dad is actually reasonably Internet-savvy and torrents like a madman

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda like Compu-Toons :ohdear:

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

Web comics that make me smile

I think this is my new favorite whomp

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And if you need comics written by and for horrible goblin men, the politoons thread is that a way.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zil posted:

That's a loving ikea chair isn't it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Karate Bastard posted:

That's a loving ikea chair isn't it.

Yes. Mystisk is Swedish for mysterious

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

It's a very childlike sense of humour, in that way that young kids will make up "jokes" that have the rhythm and pattern of a joke but don't make any sense.
https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1024630120945004545

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You guys know Stuffit Expander is the name of a file compression program for old Macs right? The joke makes perfect sense it just isn't very good.

He's looking at Turkey.com because he wants to buy a holiday turkey. His boss sees him slacking off, he employs a reference to computing, an act he is savvy at and knowledgeable of, and tells the boss to "stuff it".

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Sep 17, 2018

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Moon Monster posted:

You guys know Stuffit Expander is the name of a file compression program for old Macs right? The joke makes perfect sense it just isn't very good.

No, my friend, I did NOT know the name of an ancient Mac file compression program. Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

He's looking at Turkey.com because he wants to buy a holiday turkey. His boss sees him slacking off, he employs a reference to computing, an act he is savvy at and knowledgeable of, and tells the boss to "stuff it".

Joke's on him though because turkey.com just responds with a 502 nginx error page.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There still isn't a joke.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Dada never died, it just moved online.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

lofi posted:

Dada never died, it just moved online.

I'm having that printed and framed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sunswipe posted:

It's a very childlike sense of humour, in that way that young kids will make up "jokes" that have the rhythm and pattern of a joke but don't make any sense.
https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1024630120945004545

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1031460931585363968

This is the best.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zil posted:

The hit single is a fun in-joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So lazy he saved himself a whole panel with that photo.