Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hailthefish posted:

Also that time Walt tried to rape her.

Tried? She said something like "she wasn't strong enough to keep him out of her bed" or something that I took to mean he pretty much did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

She raped Walt in the pilot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
WITH HER JAWLINE I HATE YOU SKYLAR YOURE NOT MY MOM

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I more meant the time Walt came home and Skyler had the green face clay poo poo on and he tried to bend her over the kitchen counter while she was repeatedly saying no and trying to shove him away and then Walt Jr comes home and sees the face clay poo poo smeared all over the fridge.

Walt's birthday handjob in the pilot seemed fairly voluntary all around, if a little sad and underwhelming, though it got cut in all the subsequent airings didn't it?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
e: ^^^ what he said

Karmine fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 18, 2018

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
There's the actual sexual assault sometime in season 5A. Following the line "when we do what we do [for us, it's good]" or something like that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Konstantin posted:

A big part of that is the writing. Notice how Kim very clearly did not ask what Jimmy was doing at the Dog House at 1 AM. She is smart enough to know that something is going on, but decides to not persue it. If Walt were to stumble home with bruises at 1 AM, you could bet that Skyler would demand a full explanation immediately.
How loving dare that woman want to know why her husband got beaten up!

This dude murders people a lot in his line of work as a meth kingpin who sells poison to people who don't care, and he's awesome and correct, but a concerned wife who wants what's best for her and her family is a bitch and the real problem for asking such unreasonable questions as "where the gently caress did you disappear to for days?"

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Being a meth kingpin is an exciting job that I want to watch. Being a nagging housewife is not. In real life Skylar is totally justified in asking where Walt was. In the show she is a boring interlude between meth adventures.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm already liking this season better than last season. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss Chuck though. Hopefully I'll finish my back log episodes right before the finale.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
How the gently caress do you watch the entirety of Breaking Bad and think that Skyler is just a "nagging housewife?" What's more, if we accept that premise, why watch a show where the writing and/or acting of an absolutely essential character is that one-dimensional and grating?

If you just want Crazy Drug Adventures I'm sure there are plenty of shows that can scratch that itch and are bereft of strong female characters and/or family drama.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 18, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RJWaters2 posted:

There's the actual sexual assault sometime in season 5A. Following the line "when we do what we do [for us, it's good]" or something like that.

Yeah when he tried to bang her against the fridge against her will that wasn’t *~*actual*~* sexual assault.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Karmine posted:

How the gently caress do you watch the entirety of Breaking Bad and think that Skyler is just a "nagging housewife?" What's more, if we accept that premise, why watch a show where the writing and/or acting of an absolutely essential character is that one-dimensional and grating?

If you just want Crazy Drug Adventures I'm sure there are plenty of shows that can scratch that itch and are bereft of strong female characters and/or family drama.

This is a correct and good post.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
The conflict between Walt & Skyler is really similar to the conflict between Jimmy & Chuck. One of them, the protagonist, is clearly dangerous with questionable morals, but we love them and sympathize with them and want them to win regardless. The other character is morally upstanding, but rough around the edges when it comes to personality, the complete opposite and the foil to the protagonist.

It's not an outright identical similarity. Skyler was probably never considered a main antagonist, while Chuck proudly took on that spotlight. But the fundamentals of the conflict are there. A sympathetic antihero at odds with an unlikable antivillain.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So Kai is gonna get killed by Mike isn't he?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tenzarin posted:

So Kai is gonna get killed by Mike isn't he?

Kai invents a new kind of Dragonball Z and gets rich.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Douk Douk posted:

The conflict between Walt & Skyler is really similar to the conflict between Jimmy & Chuck. One of them, the protagonist, is clearly dangerous with questionable morals, but we love them and sympathize with them and want them to win regardless. The other character is morally upstanding, but rough around the edges when it comes to personality, the complete opposite and the foil to the protagonist.

It's not an outright identical similarity. Skyler was probably never considered a main antagonist, while Chuck proudly took on that spotlight. But the fundamentals of the conflict are there. A sympathetic antihero at odds with an unlikable antivillain.

I hate this comparison because Skyler never once worked against Walt when he was genuinely attempting to better himself.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
MONTAGE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jimmy and Kim aren't gonna be together much longer, are they? :smith:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:smithicide:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The camera panning underneath the desk when Kim was at work, for the love of god show, please don't make Kim cheat on Jimmy with Schweikart. That plot is overused as is, but when Jimmy just lost his brother as bad as the blood was between them, it looks absolutely loving spiteful on her part.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Huell :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When I'm not on my boat :whatup:

Also oh poo poo, Hector's awake! That really was a time skip!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Holy poo poo. That was so hard to watch.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Still a better drunk than Walt.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Still a better drunk than Walt.
*vomits into pool*

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that's a good point, he didn't get any teens drunk

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Oh wow that's a perfect song for this.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Holy poo poo. That was so hard to watch.

That little arm squeeze was all you needed to know about where it was headed.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Karmine posted:

Skyler hater fan fiction:
The show opens Walt kicking the door to his own home open. He pulls out a gun and shoots Sklyer and Walt Jr. "Consider this a divorce, bitch!"
Jesse bursts in, his eyes wide in disbelief? "Mr. White, I thought you were just going to serve divorce papers?!?"
Walt: No half measures, Jesse.
Jesse: What do we do now?
Walt: It's time to push the limits, Jesse.
*Queue montage of meth cooking, drug use, and strip clubs set to "Push it to the Limit" by Paul Engemann*

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh man Gus is so cruel. I love it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unless she actually shows up on BCS no more Skylar talk.

Also, big laughs at Gus purposefully loving up Don Hector's post recovery care to leave him just enough to communicate and know he is in there but not enough to be able to function.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

And the wheels are coming off.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Huell is the best.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This can only go well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Huell :(

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Oh no this is not good

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
drat Kim.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That look was the death of Kim and Jimmy.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
HAIL SATAN.
HELL ON EARTH FOREVER.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They gonna make him look retarded to make it look better for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

So as Jimmy tries to resist his inner conman, Kim struggles with her inner justice crusader. God I love this show.