Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
one of the commercial breaks lasted four and a half minutes

jesus christ that's annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Howard is okay after the nine month timeskip. I care way more about him than the superlab.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Well this is going to be fun to watch now.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

honestly I'm most excited for the introduction of Hector's bell

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This episode made me realize that my heart isn’t ready for whatever happens between Jimmy and Kim.:smith:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tenzarin posted:

They gonna make him look retarded to make it look better for him.

I also thought thay with the kiddie art supplies, so if it's that obvious they probably have something more clever planned.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I also thought thay with the kiddie art supplies, so if it's that obvious they probably have something more clever planned.

I was thinking she might write a bunch of fake letters from kids or something in support of Huell.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

/r/bettercallsaul is suggesting maybe it'll be a civil rights protest in connection to Kim's Atticus Finch reference

Shitenshi posted:

The camera panning underneath the desk when Kim was at work, for the love of god show, please don't make Kim cheat on Jimmy with Schweikart. That plot is overused as is, but when Jimmy just lost his brother as bad as the blood was between them, it looks absolutely loving spiteful on her part.

The camera was panning to show Kim squeezing a stressball before cutting to the public defender scenes

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 18, 2018

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

This episode made me realize that my heart isn’t ready for whatever happens between Jimmy and Kim.:smith:

Yeah, it's painful watching it. Great fuckin show

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hector stuff still boring. They should have ended his story with the finale of last season.

In all these wasted minutes, we've learned that Gus is mean (to trapped animals) and that Gus is mean (for making sure Hector can't talk).

I mean I guess it's character building, but who cares?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey, we also learned that Hector likes white girls.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I think he just likes booty

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Gus prohibited Hector from getting better just so he could trap him in his own body. That is serious "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" poo poo.

I had to pause while watching just to take a breather after that scene. God.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
drat that was some intense Kim and Jimmy stuff there, holy cow. She might actually have a full-blown meltdown when he gets his license back and commits fully to being Saul Goodman: Criminal Lawyer.

I was sure it was the end there in the parking lot, but that scene right after was just so, so sad with Kim just trying to compensate for her guilt with school supplies for kids.

It's also an interesting case because Huell actually has a good justification to get little or no jail time, but he's getting railroaded because he committed a crime against a cop and the only witness is sleazy Saul.

Tenzarin posted:

They gonna make him look retarded to make it look better for him.

Ah I hadn't thought of that, but with all those other cases she was citing that actually seems like what her idea would be. I don't know if she'd be willing to do what is like, the Sauliest of Saul defense strategies though.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Douk Douk posted:

Gus prohibited Hector from getting better just so he could trap him in his own body. That is serious "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" poo poo.

I had to pause while watching just to take a breather after that scene. God.

Yes, but also Hector looks like he could just die of old age at any moment. That doctor should really be focusing on getting younger people help recovering from brain injuries in war or car wrecks or something.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yes, but also Hector looks like he could just die of old age at any moment. That doctor should really be focusing on getting younger people help recovering from brain injuries in war or car wrecks or something.

Are you familiar with american healthcare

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I saw that poo poo with Huell coming and even when it happened I gasped anyway.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Somebody's getting blow'd up this season. We know they need one more blast and we know Kai is the expert, but since they've been building him up as the troublemaker I'm betting he heroically sacrifices himself to save the others from a cave in or something.

Barreft posted:

Are you familiar with american healthcare

In the BB threads Europeans kept asking about Walt's treatment because they couldn't wrap their minds around having to pay 1000s of dollars for treatment or die in the street. "If you're sick just go to the hospital, what the gently caress are you stupid Americans doing over there?"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I mean, given the show it's more likely that Gus arranges for the blast to go off in Kai's face or in a way that he tries to rush in to abort it and fails, and then the crew rallies around finishing the job in his memory.

I think before something like that happens we'll see Mike's R&R plan, which is bound to be pretty wild.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, but she is getting paid (and getting a sweet new clinic) by Gus to focus on Hector...

They could skip it, but it is pretty big and really adds to the relationship that Gus and Hector have in BB and also adds to why, despite not liking Walt, why Hector was game to having his wheel chair rigged to turn Gus into the Terminator.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That sound Kim made as she tried to talk after Jimmy laid the whole burner phone/Huell situation on her... Rhea Seehorn is so loving good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cojawfee posted:

Kai invents a new kind of Dragonball Z and gets rich.

He moves back to Germany where he becomes a successful DJ mixing trance and acid

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Still no Lalo...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Telluride is loving awesome

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Huh. I just assumed Jimmy told Kim what he was doing when he was mugged, when he told her he was mugged.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe he was getting late night weiners

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Karmine posted:

How the gently caress do you watch the entirety of Breaking Bad and think that Skyler is just a "nagging housewife?" What's more, if we accept that premise, why watch a show where the writing and/or acting of an absolutely essential character is that one-dimensional and grating?

Skyler doesn't drive the plot, so it's easy to watch the show and ignore her character if you don't like it.

I would not say that she is a "nagging housewife," but I am rewatching the show, and 3 episodes in, her most memorable scenes are "extremely sad handjob on Walt's birthday while she browses ebay" and "goes to Jesse's house to tell him not to sell pot to Walt."

It certainly isn't meant to be a positive portrayal at first.

The "problem" with her character is that, by necessity, her marriage to Walt (and by extension, her personality and entire being) has to be portrayed as humdrum and unremarkable in order for his character arc to make sense.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

That sound Kim made as she tried to talk after Jimmy laid the whole burner phone/Huell situation on her... Rhea Seehorn is so loving good.

I was shocked that Jimmy put so much of it out there, how he'd been selling burners and all that. I think their relationship has to be ending this season unless the writers aren't true to the characters, especially with how we saw the relationship just kind of idling during the montage.

There's only so many costs to be sunk before Kim wises up and lets Jimmy go be the Saul he wants to be. I'm also expecting Kim's big speech to Jimmy during the breakup to top Kim yelling at Howard in the "Give Rhea Seehorn a drat Emmy or at the VERY least a drat nomination" highlight reel/scene to send to the academy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Skyler doesn't drive the plot, so it's easy to watch the show and ignore her character if you don't like it.

I would not say that she is a "nagging housewife," but I am rewatching the show, and 3 episodes in, her most memorable scenes are "extremely sad handjob on Walt's birthday while she browses ebay" and "goes to Jesse's house to tell him not to sell pot to Walt."

It certainly isn't meant to be a positive portrayal at first.

The "problem" with her character is that, by necessity, her marriage to Walt (and by extension, her personality and entire being) has to be portrayed as humdrum and unremarkable in order for his character arc to make sense.

Mod rule in effect, no more skychat. Figured as the guy who initiated that I should warn you

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I love that the episode ends with Kim just knowing in her heart that jimmy is off doing something dumb and then realised the reference to the title.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its interesting that while she raises an eye brow at it, Kim barely even questions that Jimmy has been selling burner phones on the street instead of actually working the store.

Also Huell is amazing. Loved the lawyer office walk through.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i wanna see a flash forward with huell where he's lost all the weight because he hasn't eaten in months because he's still stuck in that safe house

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Huell spinoff is already in production.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mng posted:

Huell spinoff is already in production.

Already done. Huuuueeeeell's Rules!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The Babineaux Grab-and-Show

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i'm starting to actually really enjoy how slow paced this show is, unironically

it's sorta jim jarmusch-ey, replete with stylish-rear end montages and occasional bursts of hackneyed dialogue. a show that breathes slowly and deeply. very different from BB.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
this was another great episode

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it'd be funny if it got more seasons than bb. doubtful since all signs point to the series wrapping with 5, but still.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

In the scene where she is buying the school supplies*, she bought a lot of colored pens. I think she realized that Huel is probably the only black person in those cases she mentioned, and the prosecutor is being harsher now purely on racial grounds.

*Why is she buying school supplies? Did I miss something?

(Also, I still think that Kai is gonna do something stupid during "R&R", and Gus will force Mike to kill him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Rexides posted:

*Why is she buying school supplies? Did I miss something?

It has something to do with her plan for Huell’s defense, which we don’t yet know the details of. Some itt have speculated she’s going to make him look like he has a developmental disability or something.