Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Reharakhti posted:

Graphics quality is a lot higher than AOW3

Looks boss, but I hope to god it runs better on computers than AOW3. That game is so laggy and for some reason makes my PC go into 100 % fans on mode regardless of the settings picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was basically only able to play AOW3 when I put my laptop on some ice packs

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet
Interesting, I've played it on a windows tablet with 30fps (cheap one, not a surface) on the train a lot
Was fine with lowest quality settings
No mods though, maybe thats the difference

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

stellaris just announced a console version with a similar announcement so i wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened here

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

Davincie posted:

stellaris just announced a console version with a similar announcement so i wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened here

Console version was announced with the game announcement, so we already knew that

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Age of Wonders Battle Royale Mode confirmed.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Actually, it's a survival MOBA, CCG :colbert:

Edit: I've said too much :ohdear:

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 30, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Gerblyn posted:

Actually, it's a survival MOBA, CCG :colbert:

Edit: I've said too much :ohdear:

Announcing: microtransactions

£3 for each new map, please.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Taear posted:

Announcing: microtransactions

£3 for each new map, please.

Each skill. On every unit. They come with a set number of slots for skills, and when they level, you pick one and get a lootbox. If you don't like the skill, you can replace it for a low fee.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If there is one hope I have, it's that every unit and building must be obtained by opening lootboxes

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

Livestream next week

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Was that the announcement? That's disappointing.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Taear posted:

Was that the announcement? That's disappointing.

Livestreams are a good way to get info out about the game! I’m just disappointed that I’ll be working when it’s happening :(

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah given how sparse information has been so far I'm not seeing how live footage of developers playing the game doesn't cross the threshold of enthusiasm.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

there is a thread over on the paradox forums where you can ask questions that the dev team will try to address during the live stream. if you don't want to bother with signing up to post there, i'm sure gerblyn is reading this thread and if there's stuff being posted here i might just compile it in a post there

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
I do read this thread, but they're doing the stream out in Sweden, so I won't be able to pass any questions on... I'll probably swing by to answer questions in the thread tho, if I can!

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Replaying the Age of Wonders 3 campaign after a long period, and a simple question: should I migrate, assimilate, or make a vassal (or just whatever I want)? Good vs Evil, does it particularly matter if I don't have units devoted to good/evil? I think creation mentions some affinity to good, but I haven't spotted anything looking through the ingame encyclopedia.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde
I mean I am also reading this thread, but I am not going to go through the thread to pick out questions to ask Lennart on stream.
:colbert:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

LordSloth posted:

Replaying the Age of Wonders 3 campaign after a long period, and a simple question: should I migrate, assimilate, or make a vassal (or just whatever I want)? Good vs Evil, does it particularly matter if I don't have units devoted to good/evil? I think creation mentions some affinity to good, but I haven't spotted anything looking through the ingame encyclopedia.

If you have units that are "Dedicated to Good", then they will get a large moral penalty if you don't have a good aligment, same with dedicated to Evil and Neutral. This penalty means they'll fumble a lot of attacks, which is a real pain.

Some creation spells count as Good deeds (see http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Creation), so you get good points for using them, just like some Destruction spells are evil. One of the expansions gives 3 specializations that revolve around being good, evil and neutral, but you won't see those in the normal campaign.

Migrate is evil, and will also upset the race you are migrating from, but please the race you are migrating to. So if you migrate an Orc town to Elves, then orcs will like you less and elves will like you more. How much a race likes you affects:

1) How much it costs to get an independent city of that race to join you peacefully
2) How quickly you can collect governance points in that race (this is an expansion feature, not in the main campaign)
3) How much of a morale bonus units of that race under your control get

Assimilation is neutral, I believe. Vassalage is good. So you want to do those if you're playing good. This means that generally Good players will need to play multi-racial empires, while Evil players are free to play an empire that only contains one race.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

cKnoor posted:

I mean I am also reading this thread, but I am not going to go through the thread to pick out questions to ask Lennart on stream.
:colbert:

Invader! :black101:

To be honest, I have no pressing questions right now. Its relaxed to read the dev diaries and just keep slow track of the stuff being shown. Sure is pretty looking too.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm only worried that the last Crusader Kings DLC, the massive Stellaris rework + DLC AND the next Age of Wonders game will be released at the same time and I will have to choose between them.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
wait they're reworking stellaris AGAIN?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Impermanent posted:

Yeah. Finally ditching tiles for a way better looking system

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Torrannor posted:

I'm only worried that the last Crusader Kings DLC, the massive Stellaris rework + DLC AND the next Age of Wonders game will be released at the same time and I will have to choose between them.

I feel like the Stellaris rework is probably 3 months or so away whereas Planetfall feels much longer away.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Vod of the stream. I'll update this when I see it on youtube.

The core systems look good at this stage. :toot: I'm happy to see pdox take this under their wing, seems like good company to keep.

Now do your own brand of That Which Sleeps and i can die happier.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 7, 2018

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Impermanent posted:

Stellaris seems to be committed to a path of gutting and overhauling key game systems one by one at the moment. Warfare was first, next up is economics.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Oblivious posted:

Stellaris seems to be committed to a path of gutting and overhauling key game systems one by one at the moment. Warfare was first, next up is economics.

Its needed and has worked out really well so far.

E: Fixed the link.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 7, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The stream was pretty fun but too short. Some really neat things like pushing around enemies on the battlefield by shoving rockets in their faces and talk about superweapons.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Robbit dogge! :buddy:

With unit mods, I'm curious if there will be passive improvements to the baseline unit that don't cost resources and retroactively applies to unit templates. Low tier units having more mod slots will help keep them relevant but elf longbows with a crystal armoury and focus chamber are hard to beat, as are human flowstone golems that are produced at gold rank.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nfOfy6ACc Youtube recap of the stream.

Full twitch vod.

Delacroix posted:

Robbit dogge! :buddy:

The PUG was wonderful. :3:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 9, 2018

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbOdqEtprN8

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the announcer is really selling space americans

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Davincie posted:

the announcer is really selling space americans

The walkers have a gun-cock, checks out.

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet
Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Dev Diary #13: Vanguard In-Depth

Vanguard Concept Art

Lightsaber!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

That's so fancy.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That brief snippet of music I heard was so good

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I tend to refuse to play whatever the "human" faction is in sci-fi/fantasy games on principle, but I gotta admit, the Star War Americans have a certain kind of panache they tend to lack.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I on the other hand, love playing as humans (because 40K has a grip on my soul which refuses to loosen up), and the Space Yanks look way cool, but I'll wait for the Amazons at least before I make a proper decision.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

So there's:

Space Americans
Space Ladies
Space Dwarves
Space Orcs
Space Bugs and
Space Asians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, we've already been told that there's a junker space goblin faction and a psychic bug faction so it's not like I'm gonna spend much time as the Vanguard. I'm just saying the humans look nice, is all.

All we know of the Syndicate is that they're psionic and that one concept art, yeah? They've got a bit of a space monk vibe.