Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
In Stephen King's the Stand, at one point the main villain is about to consummate his relationship with his new bride (who is having enormous misgivings about it) and the narration is something along the lines of "he unzipped his pants and when she saw what he had for her, she screamed."

What my mind pictured, based on that intentionally vague intimation was actually staggeringly close to a penis with Waluigi's face on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Karmine posted:

In Stephen King's the Stand, at one point the main villain is about to consummate his relationship with his new bride (who is having enormous misgivings about it) and the narration is something along the lines of "he unzipped his pants and when she saw what he had for her, she screamed."

What my mind pictured, based on that intentionally vague intimation was actually staggeringly close to a penis with Waluigi's face on it.

Drawfee did a Junji Ito Waluigi today and I imagine they would be similar

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My dick looks like Bowser

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haveing a nice dill pickle spear.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Playstation classic, huh?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It doesn't come with Dual Shocks, which means no Ape Escape, which means NO BUYS.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also the dos4gw dude died today. RIP.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Endless Mike posted:

It doesn't come with Dual Shocks, which means no Ape Escape, which means NO BUYS.

Yeah, the "No DualShocks" thing really kinda threw me. We moved away from the original PS1 pads because they kinda sucked, especially after comparing them to the DualShock. There's retro nostalgia and retro obsession. Let the bad parts of the past go.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For the last several years I've been more into PC gaming due to big sales on Steam. Lately though, mostly due to an increase in income, I've been more into the PS4 which might be my favorite system of all time due to the games on it. And I love having it all digital, plus the pro and my 4k tv working real well together and not having to worry about making it play right with my system and the growing trend of big games not being optimized for the PC usually. My only fear is that the next playstation won't carry the games over like how Microsoft did for the 360 to the one x. I guess I'll just have to keep my ps4 forever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikeguy posted:

For the last several years I've been more into PC gaming due to big sales on Steam. Lately though, mostly due to an increase in income, I've been more into the PS4 which might be my favorite system of all time due to the games on it. And I love having it all digital, plus the pro and my 4k tv working real well together and not having to worry about making it play right with my system and the growing trend of big games not being optimized for the PC usually. My only fear is that the next playstation won't carry the games over like how Microsoft did for the 360 to the one x. I guess I'll just have to keep my ps4 forever.

Pretty much my world. I have a PS3 for the games I love on that, and a PS4 for the games I love on that. It'd be cool if the PS5 or whatever its called had complete backwards compatibility all the way back to PSX. I guess licensing would be a bitch to sort out since some of those companies are gone/eaten.

I had an xbone which I hated, and then my eldest son used it in a gravity experiment(it bounces). Then they launched backwards compatibility for some games which made me somewhat regretful but that xbone interface is the worst loving thing I've ever seen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Pretty much my world. I have a PS3 for the games I love on that, and a PS4 for the games I love on that. It'd be cool if the PS5 or whatever its called had complete backwards compatibility all the way back to PSX. I guess licensing would be a bitch to sort out since some of those companies are gone/eaten.
They will likely never have full digital libraries available due to licensing, but if there's nothing stopping them from making BC work for disc copies (unless they go full-digital on the PS5). Will they? I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't see Sony doing that when they know people will just buy the games again

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Blast Fantasto posted:

Are you medicated? I know it doesn't work for everyone but Duloxetine has helped me control my anxiety instead of letting it run roughshod on my life.

Nah I generally manage pretty well with just weed but I gotta pass a drug test for this job I interviewed for so I’m kinda just dealing as best I can.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Spikeguy posted:

I'm kind of the opposite really, in that I have a PS4 and it's great, but I also recently upgraded my graphics card and now I'm discovering/rediscovering a bunch of games on PC because I can throw them on high/ultra settings on my 4k TV and the card doesn't even flinch. It's not 4k gaming (usually mostly 1080p/1440p), but it's good enough for me to play games I'd never played before like The Surge or Vanquish, as well as rediscover old favorites (doing a new playthrough of the first 3 Mass Effect games with some nicer quality texture mods, for example).

It's a great time to be a gamer, friends :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sony should make it so I can play the good Ratchet and Clank games on something that's less than 10 years old, imo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

VJeff posted:

Sony should make it so I can play the good Ratchet and Clank games on something that's less than 10 years old, imo.

The fact that all the PS2 Jak & Daxter games are available on the PS4 but none of the Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper games are is practically criminal

But then it's ridiculous how few PS2 games are available on the PS4(and no PS1 games either), probably why Sony has that section of the store so buried, they are probably just as embarrassed by it as we are

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Preservation is something that the games industry is just so very, very, very bad at. They won't make their poo poo backwards compatible and they won't make it available on their online stores either.

Except Nintendo but I've heard they have their own unique brand of insanity about how they run their eShop.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There's that juiced up version of the original R&C for ps4 at least

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They deliberately remove backwards compatibility because it means they can sell you games you already own again.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is why I have an ever growing dusty tower of various playstations

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Listen buddy. None of the playstations are inherently backward compatible. the PS2 had the PS1 placed inside of its shell but most bc is emulation. They don't "remove" compatibility, they just don't bother adding it as a feature even though it would be cheap and easy. So quit spreading lies about Soney

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm kind of the opposite really, in that I have a PS4 and it's great, but I also recently upgraded my graphics card and now I'm discovering/rediscovering a bunch of games on PC because I can throw them on high/ultra settings on my 4k TV and the card doesn't even flinch. It's not 4k gaming (usually mostly 1080p/1440p), but it's good enough for me to play games I'd never played before like The Surge or Vanquish, as well as rediscover old favorites (doing a new playthrough of the first 3 Mass Effect games with some nicer quality texture mods, for example).

It's a great time to be a gamer, friends :)

If you're playing Mass Effect 3 on PC I highly recommend the expanded galaxy mod - it's great and easy to install which is always a nice change of pace for ME3.
https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/350

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow. So Telltale is getting rid of all but 25 employees.

So they're probably toast.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Listen buddy. None of the playstations are inherently backward compatible. the PS2 had the PS1 placed inside of its shell but most bc is emulation. They don't "remove" compatibility, they just don't bother adding it as a feature even though it would be cheap and easy. So quit spreading lies about Soney

the ps3 had full ps2 and ps1 backwards compatibility, which was removed with the remodel when they started selling ps2 games on the psn.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I guess the final season of the walking dead just became a lot more final.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GenericMartini posted:

I guess the final season of the walking dead just became a lot more final.

What happened?

Edit: Nevermind, somehow missed VJeff's post and thought you were talking about the TV show.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 21, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the ps3 had full ps2 and ps1 backwards compatibility, which was removed with the remodel when they started selling ps2 games on the psn.

They removed it cause to get the PS2 working they crammed a full PS2 graphics chip in the PS3 and it made the system super expensive and almost killed the Playstation.

Now there is no reason we can't have emulated PS1 (and PSP and Vita) games on the PS4 store except for greed and please buy our PS mini

Nintendo is also super bad with this on the Switch as it doesn't want to sell classic games beyond the mini consoles :sigh:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
well so much for telltale's walking dead to get a send off and i was real interested to see where they were going to go.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat it all ive been waiting YEARS for season two of the wolf among us

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

drat it all ive been waiting YEARS for season two of the wolf among us

I mean if it makes you feel any better it probably would've been lousy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joaquín Phoenix will be a good Joker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I certainly hope so (I thought Jared Leto would be too, and.... welp....) but tangentially related: The Sisters Brothers looks amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axl2fB6MWrs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Never assume Jared Leto will be good in anything

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So, uh, Foochs. What is your opinion of the most recent season of Bojack? You seem to have shown up in that thread at the absolute worst time lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Now agree that those models had the old chips in them and that i'm still right that new systems aren't just automatically backwards compatible until they remove it, even though that's not the spirit of what was being said, and I forgot about them removing bc from the ps3, so i'm wrong, but i'm not wrong, or die.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 22, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hows vampyr?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want to watch the new Bojack but idk if my mental health is in a good enough place right now haha

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I want to watch the new Bojack but idk if my mental health is in a good enough place right now haha

If you're the kind of person who identifies a little with Bojack like I do then maybe not. I felt this weird feeling of guilt for some of the lovely things he did.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hows vampyr?

I feel like you ask this fairly often but it's okay. The gameplay gets kind of lovely if you don't start draining people for their blood but I guess that's kind of the point.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If you're the kind of person who identifies a little with Bojack like I do then maybe not. I felt this weird feeling of guilt for some of the lovely things he did.

I feel like you ask this fairly often but it's okay. The gameplay gets kind of lovely if you don't start draining people for their blood but I guess that's kind of the point.

for 40 bucks its it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's worth $22