Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about you learn to read yourself, then.

Please answer my questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I get very frustrated at people's inability to read.

That's curious because you definitely need to re-read yami's post

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I literally just said it's an easy way to throw shade at people from.

Speaking of which, pretty much every person I played with that went "HURR DUR UR ALL SO DUMB AND CAN'T READ" when pushed on has been scum so far, so my vote is gonna stay there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Where did I imply people on the turbo are scum?

Where did I imply people not on the turbo are scum?

Don't just say things. Show your work.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Where did I imply people on the turbo are scum?

Where did I imply people not on the turbo are scum?

Don't just say things. Show your work.

I can't tell if you being this dense is town or scum oriented. I feel like you've been caught and are just doubling down on misrepresentation

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally just said it's an easy way to throw shade at people from.

Okay. Who is doing that?

merk did it a little with willie, but backed off pretty immediately.

Anybody else?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Giving merk a pass since this is very similar play to TWEWY mafia and it's not really bothering me.

Between you and AA, AA is coming off scummier due to his reaction to your soft push but you're both arguing in circles now and my eyes are starting to glaze over every time you engage each other. Which is why I'm focusing on other people atm since I don't want people to just check out while a few players post up a storm and leave everyone else in the dust.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Giving merk a pass since this is very similar play to TWEWY mafia and it's not really bothering me.

Between you and AA, AA is coming off scummier due to his reaction to your soft push but you're both arguing in circles now and my eyes are starting to glaze over every time you engage each other. Which is why I'm focusing on other people atm since I don't want people to just check out while a few players post up a storm and leave everyone else in the dust.

This is in answer to a question Asiina asked on the other page.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Drawing attention to it being a mislunch reads like an attempt to build town cred. Neutral read on you for now because your posting is always scummy.

I actually agree with this. The exact same thing pinged me about YPM with this post:

Your Personal Muse posted:

I can’t believe willie hammered the innocent town imgay smh, he is probably scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

I would like for the people who weren't on the turbo yesterday to say if they would have voted imgay if they were here.

The only people who were here but didn't vote for imgay after the word turbo was mentioned were DB and AA who didn't say anything about it, so I'd like to hear from them too.

I'm quoting this so people can directly read what Asiina said. I definitely don't read any pressure or finger pointing from her here, this is just a way to get people to engage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I can't tell if you being this dense is town or scum oriented. I feel like you've been caught and are just doubling down on misrepresentation

Let's assume it's just me being dense. Where am I, or anyone else, saying the things Yami is implying?

Saying "oh it's really easy to vote for someone because they were/weren't on a turbo" is a strange statement to make when nobody has done that other than merk at the beginning of the day, and he backed off from it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

I actually agree with this. The exact same thing pinged me about YPM with this post:

That YPM post doesn't bother me because it's a very good joke. Willie was the most reluctant to be on the turbo, so making a joke post about blaming him for it is pretty funny.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I know that it's a JokephaiseTM (pretend the TM is subscript, I am phone posting and too lazy to figure it out atm) post, but it still give me the ol' ping in the gooch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

That YPM post doesn't bother me because it's a very good joke. Willie was the most reluctant to be on the turbo, so making a joke post about blaming him for it is pretty funny.

+1

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

Let's assume it's just me being dense. Where am I, or anyone else, saying the things Yami is implying?

Saying "oh it's really easy to vote for someone because they were/weren't on a turbo" is a strange statement to make when nobody has done that other than merk at the beginning of the day, and he backed off from it.

I voted wd because his posts were weird around the turbo not because he was/wasn't on the turbo. I still think he's scummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

I know that it's a JokephaiseTM (pretend the TM is subscript, I am phone posting and too lazy to figure it out atm) post, but it still give me the ol' ping in the gooch.

Why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm trying to figure out how people saw YPM's posts and thought they were in any way serious and not just good jokes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Max posted:

I'm quoting this so people can directly read what Asiina said. I definitely don't read any pressure or finger pointing from her here, this is just a way to get people to engage.

I think it looks like a way to appear helpful without actually putting yourself out there in any way.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Asiina posted:

I would like for the people who weren't on the turbo yesterday to say if they would have voted imgay if they were here.

The only people who were here but didn't vote for imgay after the word turbo was mentioned were DB and AA who didn't say anything about it, so I'd like to hear from them too.

This is a callout post. You are literally calling out people for not being on a turbo on a flipped town. You say it generates content but it will pretty much only generate content that can easily be twisted.

Someone explains why they didn't want to vote imgay? "Cautious scum!"
Someone explains why they would have voted imgay? "Scum jumping on easy lynch!"

Of course, then we'll argue that's a super easy accusation to make and all we did was waste time.

In the end, I'm pretty pinged by the fact that you don't seem to be trying to scumhunt in other ways and went on a full on defensive mode against the people being suspicious to you more so than that post alone..

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

I think it looks like a way to appear helpful without actually putting yourself out there in any way.

Day 1 functionally didn't exist and there isn't much to go on coming in to day 2, putting any sort of content generation out there is helpful in the absence of anything else, bar none.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Yami Fenrir posted:

##vote Asiina

Not buying it. That vote post about the turbo is bad as hell (it's so easy to make people look bad on either side of that fence because it's a turbo.

After that goes on full defensive and the defense looks pretty word-twisting and dishonest to boot.

lol doubling down on misrepresentation to make anyone who questions you look like they're being misrepresentative is loving brilliant so I'll give you that, but more than once now, I've pointed out how you claim someone is saying something and they in fact have not said that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a callout post. You are literally calling out people for not being on a turbo on a flipped town. You say it generates content but it will pretty much only generate content that can easily be twisted.

Of course, then we'll argue that's a super easy accusation to make and all we did was waste time.

In the end, I'm pretty pinged by the fact that you don't seem to be trying to scumhunt in other ways and went on a full on defensive mode against the people being suspicious to you more so than that post alone..

She didn't do any of that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actively attempting to generate content and get others engaged, unprompted, is a pro-town move.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually, Asiina voting AA shortly after doing the content thing kind of kills my whole theory of the content thing being scummy. ##unvote

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Asiina: *asks an innocuous question*

Whole bunch of people: holy poo poo she’s trying to trap people, specifically me, we must stop her

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm feeling more and more that AA and Yami are just projecting their insecurity about answering that question and I'd be fine voting either of them atm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Max posted:

Are you two being willfully dense?

Let me spell it out for you then: That post was a platform for future shade throwing that Asiina was called out on. I never implied she did any of it. I'm saying the post is bad and then going on the defensive makes her look bad to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

lol what game are you reading?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I'm feeling more and more that AA and Yami are just projecting their insecurity about answering that question and I'd be fine voting either of them atm.

wtf lmao

Sorry you also rolled scum buddy.

I definitely explained that rolling start turbo is bad and answered.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm going to get back to actually getting some more reads done since this is a circlejerk.

Want to hear more from DB since they've been really content light so far.

And also Birdstrike hasn't posted at all yet you should probably start doing that.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

wtf lmao

Only after I asked you to.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Let me spell it out for you then: That post was a platform for future shade throwing that Asiina was called out on. I never implied she did any of it. I'm saying the post is bad and then going on the defensive makes her look bad to me.

Your entire case is based off of an assumption about what Scum-Asiina would do.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yami Fenrir posted:

Isn't every post in a game of mafia a platform for future shade throwing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wtf lmao

You did answer that but also assumed the question was a trap and shade throwing, which it wasn't, she just wanted to know why you didn't participate in the turbo. A fair question.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

Except that's not what happened with it and it's generated a lot of good content.

AA immediately got defensive like I was calling him out, which is weird and scummy.

merk also has implied it's the only thing I've done, which straight up isn't true and he still hasn't addressed.

You're doing the opposite, it seems, where because I'm engaging with the content that I attempted to elicit that it means I'm not engaging in other ways, which also isn't true. I've commented on other people's cases that have nothing to do with this, but I'm still going to engage with people who are voting for me for reasons that don't make sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Max posted:

Every case is based off of an assumption about what the player would do if they are scum. Waving away the case this way doesn't jive with me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Max posted:

I would have had a better case if some people didn't turn Day 2 into the new Day 1. Slam Dunk cases are unlikely to pop up already.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

merk also has implied it's the only thing I've done

Yeah, I didn't do this at all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Only after I asked you to.

No, maybe I spelled it out more clearly, but I answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

You did answer that but also assumed the question was a trap and shade throwing, which it wasn't, she just wanted to know why you didn't participate in the turbo. A fair question.

I never said it was a trap or shade throwing or assumed that.

You're assuming to know my thoughts on the matter which I've already disclosed. Let's not misrepresent them.

• Locked thread