Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Nevets posted:

Unemployed faction leaders give a penalty to faction approval, but employed faction leaders boost their ethic's attraction: either empire-wide for non localized leaders, or sector only for sector governors.

I could see Generals and Admirals having this effect on Soldier (and maybe Enforcer) pops and Scientists having this effect on pops employed in research jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Oh my god. Sector-specific policies and citizenship laws. Do it

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Contract the guy who did the Bastion narrator for a voice pack

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Xenaero posted:

Yes, the main missing voice right now is 'drat Sexy'.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Xenaero posted:

Look if we can't have a new soundtrack by Mick Gordon and Metalhead/Barbaric Despoiler voices by Isaacs then we should just pack it up and go home.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

LordMune posted:

One of my fellow content designers is a massive Jason-Isaacs-as-Zhukov fan, please don't give her ideas

Promote this woman

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Seriously, the biggest missing adviser voice right now is Barbaric Despoiler. Loot and pillage! Burn their planets!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
We need a The Capitalist advisor and a The Fundamentalist advisor, but above all, we need a The Ancestor from Darkest Dungeon advisor.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mechanical Ape posted:

but above all, we need a The Ancestor from Darkest Dungeon advisor.

[Research Complete] What new horror has science dredged from this shattered mortal coil?
[Incoming First Contact] Another fragile civilization calls out in the darkness, too naive to fear what may answer.
[War Declared On Us] They have begged for death, and so we will rain it down upon their worlds until the oceans boil and the skies burn black with despair.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
with how much PDX loves DLC I am sad Stellaris does not have 100s of DLC advisor voices, music packs, and cosmetic packs. I'd buy all that poo poo in a heartbeat.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Telling u, there should be a new rare tech that gives a building that takes rare chrono shards to build. The jobs provided do apparently nothing, but it accumulates one "anti-day" for every day worked.

You can apply these to any construction and they'll reduce the required time for a production run, and like normal when it hits zero the job finishes.

Dangerous techs could let you give yourself stored research, or maybe even use anti-days on colony establishment time. Going too far with it like just using a fuckload of anti-days or using it against pop growth or pop construction time could increase the chances of a time crisis.

Oh drat now a planet is actually in the iron age, gently caress a fleet of ours when we become a fallen empire has appeared. Crap the president went on a tour of the time factory, opened the wrong door, and is now a dumb fat baby.

E: a crisis that may not be about just blowing poo poo up, you know?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ConfusedUs posted:

[Research Complete] What new horror has science dredged from this shattered mortal coil?
[Incoming First Contact] Another fragile civilization calls out in the darkness, too naive to fear what may answer.
[War Declared On Us] They have begged for death, and so we will rain it down upon their worlds until the oceans boil and the skies burn black with despair.

Secrets revealed...but at what cost?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Telling u, there should be a new rare tech that gives a building that takes rare chrono shards to build. The jobs provided do apparently nothing, but it accumulates one "anti-day" for every day worked.

You can apply these to any construction and they'll reduce the required time for a production run, and like normal when it hits zero the job finishes.

Dangerous techs could let you give yourself stored research, or maybe even use anti-days on colony establishment time. Going too far with it like just using a fuckload of anti-days or using it against pop growth or pop construction time could increase the chances of a time crisis.

Oh drat now a planet is actually in the iron age, gently caress a fleet of ours when we become a fallen empire has appeared. Crap the president went on a tour of the time factory, opened the wrong door, and is now a dumb fat baby.

E: a crisis that may not be about just blowing poo poo up, you know?

You know, given what's been said about how open to modding the new resource system is, this could probably be done?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I wonder if an interesting small DLC would be to allow a start as a pre-hyperspace civilization? To offset being locked-out of the regular game for the first hundred years, it'd be focused heavily on unique event chains to give you stuff to do in your one solar system, as well as some unique buildings and projects to build that concentrate on terraforming/improving your starter world. The projects would have a theme of a civilization transitioning to Kardashev level I - so various planetary-scale megaprojects, like developing fusion power, draining oceans, building arcologies, establishing a post-scarcity economy, and so on. It'd be interesting to cover that period of history, I don't think I know of a game besides the Call to Power series that ever covered that transition.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Drives of a Fallen Empire fleet

"They CAN be beaten!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I like how much this particular line spread, it's just so universally appropriate.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I honestly want autnomous leaders/planets/sectors as a way to spice mid-game and internal management, but it should be ingrained with the core gameplay systems like CK2, not something that feels tacked-on like the current sectors. I think the DD shows a step in the right direction but I get that some people might feel that locking extra resources behind AI auto-build punishes "optimal gameplay"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pigbuster posted:

I like how much this particular line spread, it's just so universally appropriate.
What's it from?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkest Dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That's the Declare War announcement.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Some pdox employee is writing down all these ideas for a advisor voice pack dlc

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Agean90 posted:

Some pdox employee is writing down all these ideas for a advisor voice pack dlc

I certainly hope so. Wiz, please.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
LordMune, you have been forwarding all non-Zhukov posts to your coworker, right?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of your avatar, I want a Lani Tupu as Crais advisor now.

Or Pilot. I'd take both.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
"Feeling a sense of godlike satisfaction, Stanley cleared a tile blocker."

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
A Darkest Narrator advisor would be fuckin' :discourse: holy poo poo.

ConfusedUs posted:

That's the Declare War announcement.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I would also spend some money on additional advisor voice packs. You could do like half a dozen for each type of ethic pack. Let people mix and match in case they know they loving love being Egalitarians they can get the Egalitarian voice pack.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What even are these advisor voice packs? I never heard one and I was playing as recently as two months ago?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What even are these advisor voice packs? I never heard one and I was playing as recently as two months ago?

we're coming up worth goofy ideas for the system voice you hear while playing (you might have it muted)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
There needs to be a Meatwad one but none of them have anything to do with what is going on. A third of the time he just says "do what now?"

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Mechanical Ape posted:

"Feeling a sense of godlike satisfaction, Stanley cleared a tile blocker."

Oh my God, yes!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if you have synthetic dawn you can change your advisor voice to one corresponding to the attitude of each ethic

authoritarian voice sounds very evil-empire, egalitarian is a stereotypical grizzled space admiral spouting cliches about spreading freedom and democracy, militarist voice is a roided-out space marine, etc. etc.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Do you have Synthetic Dawn or the Humanoids pack? If so you can change your VIR voice to a different pack (different packs from each)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Jazerus posted:

if you have synthetic dawn you can change your advisor voice to one corresponding to the attitude of each ethic

authoritarian voice sounds very evil-empire, egalitarian is a stereotypical grizzled space admiral spouting cliches about spreading freedom and democracy, militarist voice is a roided-out space marine, etc. etc.

Egalitarian voice has a distinct Captain Kirk sound.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xenophile is the best one

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I wonder if it'd be possible to give all your district types names in the empire editor. Obviously I understand why renaming stuff in game on a planet-by-planet basis would be ridiculous, but if you could set your blue hedgehog race's agriculture districts to Green Hill Zone, industry to Chemical Plant Zone, etc that'd be pretty cool

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There needs to be a Meatwad one but none of them have anything to do with what is going on. A third of the time he just says "do what now?"

no no no no

Carl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

hobbesmaster posted:

Xenophile is the best one

Xenophile Advisor posted:

We took animals...And made them people!

She just sounds so happy about making friends. And literally making friends. :3: