Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Radar posted:

BRB writing a video game where you play the murderers of famous musicians but you’re the good guy because they’re secretly lizard people

They Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pirate Radar posted:

BRB writing a video game where you play the murderers of famous musicians but you’re the good guy because they’re secretly lizard people

There's a Hitman level where your target is a famous musician at his apex on his 27th birthday.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nah, he'd be like any aging rocker that's just sort of lame and still tours and just plays the hits because the audience is 40 or older and don't want anything new.

Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

They Don't Live

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

Wow you really owned that guy who blew his head off in like 93.

I guess it's the modern version of loudly declaring you don't like the Beatles.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a Hitman level where your target is a famous musician at his apex on his 27th birthday.
Please tell me you can make it look like an accident simply by supplying him with booze.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

My Lovely Horse posted:

Please tell me you can make it look like an accident simply by supplying him with booze.

No, but you can make him recreate the murder of his girlfriend by having him meet up with the other target. (the lawyer who got him acquitted) Or poison his birthday cake. Or supply him with a dodgy microphone that electrocutes him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

They Perform Live.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

do you think the modern version of loudly declaring you don't like the Beatles isn't still loudly declaring you don't like the Beatles?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i biked by a Pedant Ln a few weeks ago and i just imagine the residents that live there saying "well actually, it's a road" regularly and it made me laugh

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I like Kurt Cobain, so y'all can eat rocks.

Pirate Radar posted:

10/10 would play forever

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Wherein you are a time travler fixing another time travelers fuckup; they went back and made sure all the great musicians didn't kill themselves/get killed. You're the one has to set things back the way they were.

Have fun getting Kurt to suck-start that shotgun.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

secretly?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No, but you can make him recreate the murder of his girlfriend by having him meet up with the other target. (the lawyer who got him acquitted) Or poison his birthday cake. Or supply him with a dodgy microphone that electrocutes him.

Ugh, musicians that play shows on their own birthdays are the worst. Almost as bad as having their own band play their own wedding.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or poison his birthday cake.

Or suffocate him with it!

https://imgur.com/a/kxgy2LJ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
They! Live in Concert!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugh, musicians that play shows on their own birthdays are the worst. Almost as bad as having their own band play their own wedding.

Oh it's not a concert. He's recording an album in a luxury hotel in Bangkok.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I saw Glass Animals at Freepress and it was the lead singer's birthday. But all he did was mention it once, say how lucky he was that they were able to be there living their dream. They played an absolutely amazing show outside at sunset, it was great.

What makes it bad?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Kurtofan posted:

i've been trying to find a picture of batman's dick for hours now, is it here

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Let's get this thread back on track.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wherein you are a time travler fixing another time travelers fuckup; they went back and made sure all the great musicians didn't kill themselves/get killed. You're the one has to set things back the way they were.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This one would be good, yeah, like—the 27 club is explained by a society of time travelers who hop around killing great musicians in their prime before they start to suck.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pirate Radar posted:

This one would be good, yeah, like—the 27 club is explained by a society of time travelers who hop around killing great musicians in their prime before they start to suck.

That or they get kidnapped and replaced with doppelgangers/fake corpses. And taken to Dracula's moon castle.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

There’s a popular cookie recipe in the Balkans called “The Black Jews”, which is supposed to be an ironic reference to the dough being mostly walnuts and butter, expensive ingredients to your average Balkan household. I apologize for the racist cookie name, I’m just relaying the facts. My mom makes them often and uses a souvenir Munich 1972 cup as a cookie cutter on them because “it’s the perfect size” :negative:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Speaking of Balkans and insults-laden dish recipes, my former Greek roommate offered me Albanian omelette one day, and as I agreed he proceeded to steal our German roommate's eggs.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm totally reading "stealing our roommate's eggs" like it's some sort of innuendo I don't really grasp.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm totally reading "stealing our roommate's eggs" like it's some sort of innuendo I don't really grasp.
That's what makes the omelette Albanian!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Why is it somehow taboo to hate the Beatles? Like I've been accused of lying about it. Sorry I don't like baby boomer backstreet boys.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rodbeard posted:

Why is it somehow taboo to hate the Beatles? Like I've been accused of lying about it. Sorry I don't like baby boomer backstreet boys.

see?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't like the Beatles either but making sure everyone around you knows that you don't like something is an obnoxious, childish trait

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
What if it only comes up when you’re answering a direct question?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lions fan bitch

Flaggy posted:

Chicago Tigers. Still waiting on a victory.

Solice Kirsk posted:

No way! I'm A Bears fan, so we can bond over routinely having terrible football teams.

oh my

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Unplugged

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

: The SiriusXM Sessions

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

purple death ray posted:

I don't like the Beatles either but making sure everyone around you knows that you don't like something is an obnoxious, childish trait

I to dislike when someone makes sure everyone around them knows they dislike something.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

I saw Glass Animals at Freepress and it was the lead singer's birthday. But all he did was mention it once, say how lucky he was that they were able to be there living their dream. They played an absolutely amazing show outside at sunset, it was great.

What makes it bad?

I worded it poorly. Playing a show on your birthday is fine. Playing a show for your birthday is stupid. Big difference, and I realize I didn't get that point across the first time.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Imma throw a loving party for my birthday just to spite you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Like whatever you want.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I worded it poorly. Playing a show on your birthday is fine. Playing a show for your birthday is stupid. Big difference, and I realize I didn't get that point across the first time.

Ah, sorry then, I've never experienced that. I was just trying to figure out what I was missing, that sounds annoyingly self aggrandizing for sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

Imma throw a loving party for my birthday just to spite you

You should! Just don't subject your friends to your lovely junk punk band if they want to spend time with you on your birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like Kurt Cobain, so y'all can eat rocks.

Fleta, you're okay in my book.