Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

Here's a photo of team Super Nova:

I love how good they look together.

How bad are the visible seams on external parts and weapons of the Heavyarms? I'm hoping to get away with mine being a nice fun casual clean snap-shave-sand-topcoat build, maybe doing the gun barrels and heat shields different colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yesterday I spray painted Mr Super Clear matte on my Jesta Cannon but it was like 80% humidity so basically the entire thing frosted over. One leg went from dark blue to almost white.

I'm considering leaving it that way bc it actually works with the color scheme and he looks like an arctic robot but since I've come to terms with that, I'm going to do science and spray on another coat. A few people online say the paint chemicals will slightly dissolve the air bubbles trapped underneath and kinda reset the leveling process.

Will post an update with results!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

Yesterday I spray painted Mr Super Clear matte on my Jesta Cannon but it was like 80% humidity so basically the entire thing frosted over. One leg went from dark blue to almost white.

I'm considering leaving it that way bc it actually works with the color scheme and he looks like an arctic robot but since I've come to terms with that, I'm going to do science and spray on another coat. A few people online say the paint chemicals will slightly dissolve the air bubbles trapped underneath and kinda reset the leveling process.

Will post an update with results!

The way I've always heard and have used on minis is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDOcdA00rO8

Which is basically to brush on gloss varnish (I use Pledge Floor Care Finish aka Future), then matte varnish again - either with a brush-on or spraying when conditions are better.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Finally got around to finishing this:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

A bunch of Build Divers crap got announced.

Charagguy Ayame
Gundam AGE II Magnum SV ver. (The white one)
Gundam 00 Sky HWS (Transam Infinity)
HWS and SV Custom weapon set

Also, new color shots of the HGUC Narrative Gundam
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1042332485453930497?s=19

And FigureRise Mechanics Haro
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1042352624106795008?s=19

Edit: And acording to the giant mobile suit development and gunpla wall at the CCA exhibition at the Gundam Base, the Karl Gustav and some Narrative version of the Dijeh are "Coming Soon"

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 20, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
new Broly

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1042760305678270466

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HG apparently, but I'll take it I guess. :stare:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This has been a very exciting year for Galbaldy fans

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Lemon-Lime posted:

HG apparently, but I'll take it I guess. :stare:

That would be better suited for RE 1/100, imo. Along with the Penelope and Xi.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

That would be better suited for RE 1/100, imo. Along with the Penelope and Xi.

I agree because I want it in 1/100 and not 1/144, and don't care if I get it as an MG or RE.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the 1/144 scale :shrug:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'm excited for that thicc boi no matter what scale he's in.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Maybe I have bad taste in Gunpla, but this looks pretty awesome. The reviews for the previous 00 Sky have been good, so things are looking good that this will be good as well.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If you wanted the other ship from Ikaruga, it's getting re-released: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10187504

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Has anyone ever applied the water-slide decals on an MG Sinanju? It looks sort of intimidating. I've done a few water-slide decals before, but I'm considering not getting this kit based on my medium-ish level experience with this sort of thing.

Also, it's kind of hard to tell by pictures/video, but how do the metallic ones look in person? Would it be easier/better looking to just try to figure out the 'reverse wash' method or whatever?

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
I managed exactly one before giving up, losing a couple others in the process. They're so big and so delicate that I found it almost impossible to get them into place without tearing them.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!

Intimidating is a good word for it. It took a whiiile. Can't speak for the metallic ones, I just used paint for the filigree. Apologies for the crummy picture quality.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Solkanar512 posted:

Maybe I have bad taste in Gunpla, but this looks pretty awesome. The reviews for the previous 00 Sky have been good, so things are looking good that this will be good as well.

I feel weird because the Sky is so outside my usual taste in gunpla, but I have to admit it (and this one) looks really, really good.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
yeah i got the mechanical clear sinanju and i'm terrified of those waterslides

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Solkanar512 posted:

This is extremely my poo poo. I love over the top designs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Do you guys like my pauldrons?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Kind of interesting that it’s a 00 done up like one of Tieria’s suits. Between that and the Seravee Scheherazade, I think we know which Gundam Meister flew the Build Divers staff’s favourite machines.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I’m just surprised it’s a regular release, that sort of opalescent plastic seems usually reserved for P-Bandai/Expo type stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Solkanar512 posted:

I’m just surprised it’s a regular release, that sort of opalescent plastic seems usually reserved for P-Bandai/Expo type stuff.

It's not like there's been a whole lot of new Gunpla designs out of the second cour of Build Divers, sadly.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

This took longer than I thought it would

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm assuming that's HG in which case... Did it not already exist? I just assumed it did since the Build Fighters R-Jarja derivative has existed for a while.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm assuming that's HG in which case... Did it not already exist? I just assumed it did since the Build Fighters R-Jarja derivative has existed for a while.

The Build Fighters line was very good at getting peoples hopes up for a regular release and then crushing them. See also: Leopardo Da Vinci

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RillAkBea posted:

The Build Fighters line was very good at getting peoples hopes up for a regular release and then crushing them. See also: Leopardo Da Vinci

And the Momo Kapool

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
How do you disassemble a model for painting, weathering and details without loving up the seams? I’m thinking of weathering up a lightning saix but it’s a Kotobukiya model. I don’t know what piece really ends up where until it’s in place.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serenade posted:

How do you disassemble a model for painting, weathering and details without loving up the seams? I’m thinking of weathering up a lightning saix but it’s a Kotobukiya model. I don’t know what piece really ends up where until it’s in place.

Can you break it down to sub assemblies? Looking at the instructions for a Lightning Saix, you should be able to just pop off the legs and head at the joints.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can you break it down to sub assemblies? Looking at the instructions for a Lightning Saix, you should be able to just pop off the legs and head at the joints.

Maybe. My biggest concern with that plan is how past zoids models have bundled stuff together across “layers.” The berserk fury has a lavender armor shell, except a few parts that go on the core itself. If you’re going to paint the core or the armor, those few bits will have to be removed (or pre painted)

Unless I’m mis interpreting you and the answer is always “do all non detail painting before assembly”

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

RE or not, the Jagd Doga looks drat good. In terms of visuals and color separation it's definitely on an MG level even if it lacks the inner frame details etc.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/re_jagddoga.html

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

RillAkBea posted:

RE or not, the Jagd Doga looks drat good. In terms of visuals and color separation it's definitely on an MG level even if it lacks the inner frame details etc.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/re_jagddoga.html
yesss inject this kit straight into my veins. My dream of having 1/100 kits of every CCA suit will be coming into fruition. (Quess doesn't count, screw her).

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It looks like a giant parrot to me. I just can't unsee it. But if you folks like it, more power to you!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want the Unicorn variant of the jagd doga.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

It looks like a giant parrot to me. I just can't unsee it. But if you folks like it, more power to you!

A giant parrot with dumb genie shoes.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

And the Momo Kapool

I believe

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1043122688313700352

Interesting, I wonder if/how this will affect the range/availability of kits in the states. At the very least it shows that Bandai has determined that there are inroads in the US market worth taking on themselves

I would think this may put us closer to domestic p-bandai, if Bandai now controls all distributive channels :pray:

tenderjerk fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 21, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So what about Europe Bandai, bigger market than the US and all. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1043122688313700352

Interesting, I wonder if/how this will affect the range/availability of kits in the states. At the very least it shows that Bandai has determined that there are inroads in the US market worth taking on themselves

I would think this may put us closer to domestic p-bandai, if Bandai now controls all distributive channels :pray:

I hope so, but this is the third time Bandai has tried owning a US toy distribution company and it's probably going to end the same way. :rip: