Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

TinTower posted:

Like, if Terry Crews is anything to go by, it’s that the gender of the victim doesn’t really change how people react to these sorts of stories. So it’s not like, a sign of gay privilege or something that society is homophobic?

I think it's more a reference to what happened to Kevin Spacey. Accuser after accuser after accuser and the only one who instantly got any justice was a teenage boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Picnic Princess posted:

Trees are communist as all gently caress

A while back, but this checks out.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

A while back, but this checks out.

Which relative of that tree died to make that sign?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Fine. Remember when the Republican-run NYS Senate blocked the passage of the Child Victims Act, which would extend the statute of limitations on complaints of child molestation by victims, because of pressure from the extremely man-boy-rapey Catholic Church?

Do you have more information on this?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Bellevue1957/status/1042817085917851648

Nebrilos posted:

Do you have more information on this?

A bit of a postmortem of the latest failure to pass it by a local commentator.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/eponawest/status/1043015753832718337

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Sep 21, 2018

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Puerto Rico's entire economy is geared towards helping the mainland, up to and including the fact that all shipping to the island has to go through US mainland ports and pay port fees, even if shipping from south america or other Caribbean nations would be cheaper. Like jesus christ. Also the US has literally never stopped loving up Haiti since it became a country, and the loving Obama adminsitration was there agitating for lower wages.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bree Larson adding the smoking dudes to her insta story owns lol

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

I read Bordains books. There is nothing out of the ordinary about the his suicide other than that it didn't happen sooner.

His first book before he's even famous and starting a whole new career and he's like, "well my life is done."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lmao
https://twitter.com/edwhelaneppc/status/1043117304152817664?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=21

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Fine. Remember when the Republican-run NYS Senate blocked the passage of the Child Victims Act, which would extend the statute of limitations on complaints of child molestation by victims, because of pressure from the extremely man-boy-rapey Catholic Church?

You keep bringing up terrible decisions by these guys.

The voters in question don't care about those decisions. They literally only care that gay sex happened, because gay sex is tainted and bad. If you never DID the gay sex, they don't give a gently caress. It's entirely a belief that only bad people can gay, because gay is a sin and also creeps them out. There's no further thought put into it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Also, many of the Catholic Church abuse victims were girls, quiet as it's kept. That's just expected, I guess :shrug:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Time posted:

You keep bringing up terrible decisions by these guys.

The voters in question don't care about those decisions. They literally only care that gay sex happened, because gay sex is tainted and bad. If you never DID the gay sex, they don't give a gently caress. It's entirely a belief that only bad people can gay, because gay is a sin and also creeps them out. There's no further thought put into it.

NY is blue because of NYC. Upstate is mostly rural, full of small hick towns and country music. There's a couple cities that are blue dots in a sea of red. There's a reason the state senate is overwhelmingly republican.

Also, from that Times Union article. As a native of Upstate, even though I don't know know anything about it beyond the name, "old Cohoes Hospital" sounds like one of the more horrifying places to be molested as a child.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Araenna posted:

NY is blue because of NYC. Upstate is mostly rural, full of small hick towns and country music. There's a couple cities that are blue dots in a sea of red. There's a reason the state senate is overwhelmingly republican.

It's because groups like the IDC and individuals like Cuomo literally gave power to conservatives to act as a roadblock for progressive policies. This is also why the state party has been attacking actual progressive candidates and even coordinating with Republican ones.

Edit: Also, "Republican voters will hate Trump if we keep saying that he's gay" is a genuinely retarded take. Like, you have to be socially and mentally impaired to a severe degree to think it has any real affect.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Sep 21, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Even for 2018 that persons twitter timeline is something else. :stare:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wait, why would Hillary be killing her own donors?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, many of the Catholic Church abuse victims were girls, quiet as it's kept. That's just expected, I guess :shrug:

Yeah, before the alterboy molestations started coming out, the scandal had been Catholic orphanages, and the stuff that happened there basically got the whole system shut down for a while. And before that sanitariums and asylums. Both of those have mostly disappeared down the memory hole.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Zedd posted:

Even for 2018 that persons twitter timeline is something else. :stare:

Oh god, I underestimated how bad it would be. It’s real bad

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

chitoryu12 posted:

She just kills everybody, who knows with her. KILLARY

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
It'll be some variation on 'They knew too much and were about to talk'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chitoryu12 posted:

Because they found out about her child sex slave ring, or she's a serial killer, or a vampire.

It's actually all three of those reasons.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Because they found out about her child sex slave ring, or she's a serial killer, or a vampire.

It's actually all three of those reasons.

Also while being a vampire master assassin who kills her opponents hitman style she's also frail, fragile and on the brink of death.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lol if you think their thoughts are that ordered and coherent

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Also while being a vampire master assassin who kills her opponents hitman style she's also frail, fragile and on the brink of death.

:umberto:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagine how many botched assassination attempts we would hear about if the dems were ordering them lmao

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
They'd just give all their weapons over to the victim for a vague promise that in the future they'd be allowed to work with them. Then act surprised when the victim stabs them.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Bernie Would Have Killed

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I mean it's true. gently caress conspicious consumption, if you got a pair of shades you like for $20 that's all that matters. No iosm here.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Data Graham posted:

She just kills everybody, who knows with her. KILLARY

Hillary can kill anyone she wants! Hillary cuts off heads ALL the time and doesn't even think twice about it. She is so crazy and awesome that she flips out ALL the time. I heard Hillary was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon she killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw Hillary totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Arivia posted:

I mean it's true. gently caress conspicious consumption, if you got a pair of shades you like for $20 that's all that matters. No iosm here.

I'd be wary of potential knockoff shades. Sunglasses without uv protection are worse than no sunglasses. They block regular light, making your pupils expand, but they don't block uv, so your wide open pupils are blasted with way more uv than they would be without the glasses.

Not saying cheap glasses are bad, you should just make sure they have uv protection--which you can't really do if you don't know the true manufacturer.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

1stGear posted:

Bernie Would Have Killed

Honestly if Bernie put neolib heads on pikes he'd probably would have won.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arivia posted:

Absolutely!

--posted from my iPhone XS Max

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I, too, am a big fan of the official Ray-Ban website {bunch of random letters}.com

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Someone check this guy's basement for bodies, and/or his closet for a suit made out of someone's skin.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I don't understand how the same person who wrote that first paragraph could write the rest of it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I'm guessing everything past that first sentence wasn't even relevant to the topic.

There's just so much in there. What is an "earthy" college student? Casually cyber stalking your crush. Assuming being her patron and joking in chat means she's for sure in love with you. Planning your loving wedding when you're not even dating. Telling us about jerking off to her. Feeling BETRAYED to find out that despite how nice the dosh is, you're coming on way too strong and she's getting a bit creeped out by it. Feeling the need to punish her by instead giving the money to someone she disliked. Wrapping it all up by claiming she was the unreasonable one.

Idiots on Social Media: I almost didn't want to include our wedding picture and truly make her live with regret for the rest of her life after realizing I saw her as wife material

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That one makes the rounds every now and again. What's also weird is that the original said he had won some kind of lottery, hence his ability to just throw cash around like nothing and clearly not have a day job but for some reason he decided to change it to that inheritance which could not at all afford what he claims to have done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:randstare: