Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Macaluso posted:

Creepers are coming to Smash Bros get ready non believers

I already know about the competitive community though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

Counterpoint: kids loving love Minecraft.

Kids also love Fortnite, wouldn't make anymore sense to include though, since the characters are just avatars. Steve is literally just the default minecraft avatar. I think he's only called Steve because of internal files / for convenience.

You might as well be adding Skyrim Man as a Smash character. They at least have the vaguest semblance of an identity since they fill a role in a story. :v:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Yes Smash never adds player avatars...

*glances at Villager*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It will take every ounce of my being for the next 3 months to mentally prepare myself for Minecraft Steve's inclusion in Smash

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Include functionality so you can apply the Minecraft player skin you use to the smash bros character and we’ll be good

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steve is in, and his spot is well deserved unlike Geno. Suck it haters

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There will never be any Minecraft or Undertale representation, in any way shape or form, in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If they include Steve, they better do Alex as 4 of the costume slots

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

It will take every ounce of my being for the next 3 months to mentally prepare myself for Minecraft Steve's inclusion in Smash
I am already prepared for Minecraft, the second best-selling video game of all time, to come to Smash in some form or another.

Also Minecraft is almost 10 years old what the gently caress

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

EorayMel posted:

There will never be any Minecraft or Undertale representation, in any way shape or form, in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Toxx this

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Why do you guys care? The more characters the better. Make everyone happy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wouldn't be surprised if they go a little more all out with third party representation, though likely trophies at best for most of them. (see Rayman) Stages and assist trophies, maybe. (see Bomberman and Shovel Knight) Hell, if Shovel Knight got in, I wouldn't be surprised to see Minecraft and Undertale get some representation, presuming Microsoft and Toby Fox want in. (Reminded how Snake or Sonic was apparently almost in Melee, but both companies were waiting for the other to make the first call)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't care for Steve, but I do care for Banjo fans' tears, so bring him in I say

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

RC Cola posted:

The ghost of CHARACTER SLOTS hangs over us all, whether we think ourselves better or not.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RC Cola posted:

I dont want to get my rear end kicked by Minecraft Steve, or even have others suffer that fate

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I suppose there should really be a Candy Crush stage

SWEET
SWEET
SWEET

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

i want to make steve minecraft fight cloud strife in super smash bros. ultimate.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can’t believe the next Echo Fighter will be Son Goku, an Echo of Diddy Kong.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I don't want Minecraft Steve because he is ugly, but they mad K Rool not makww me wanna barf so we will see. (I want Incineroar and Geno the most of those leaked charzcters in that order.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

El Burbo posted:

Include functionality so you can apply the Minecraft player skin you use to the smash bros character and we’ll be good

I'm ready

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mabels big day posted:

I dont want to get my rear end kicked by Minecraft Steve, or even have others suffer that fate

I do want my rear end kicked though. But I'll be banjo so it's ok

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bejeweled in smash

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man, but it's hard not to feel like he'd just feel tacky and out of place, both visually and thematically. A stage wouldn't be too weird, but Steve himself just feels bleh.

Alternatively: Notch kinda sucks as a person from what I remember and even though he's not at Mojang anymore, I don't think his creation deserves a place in Smash over a dozen other indie games.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Moriatti posted:

I don't want Minecraft Steve because he is ugly, but they mad K Rool not makww me wanna barf so we will see. (I want Incineroar and Geno the most of those leaked charzcters in that order.)
Minecraft Steve gets the Brawl Pit treatment and ends up looking like this:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

hosed up they added a character that cannot be damaged, Isabella is OP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if Steve...
and all his colors are just textures of other Microsoft properties. That's how you finally get Banjo, BattleToads, Conquer, Jaco, Fulgore, Master Chief and Drew.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Seeing the shape of Pikachu's red hat reminded me of another character who might make sense.

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010
There's a larger version of the leak pic floating around now:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, now that it's right next to other models, it's even more out of place.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

small ken

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The thing that makes me laugh about these kinds of "leaks" is:

You supposedly somehow have access to an early copy of the game or else are in a room with it or whatever but the point being you have no qualms about taking a cell phone pic and sharing that

Just swipe once on your camera app and switch it to video and take a 5 second video of gameplay footage. Much harder to fake at this point in time and basically instantly give you a ton more credibility

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

The thing that makes me laugh about these kinds of "leaks" is:

You supposedly somehow have access to an early copy of the game or else are in a room with it or whatever but the point being you have no qualms about taking a cell phone pic and sharing that

Just swipe once on your camera app and switch it to video and take a 5 second video of gameplay footage. Much harder to fake at this point in time and basically instantly give you a ton more credibility

Yeah, why else would someone want to pull a trick on the internet?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Seeing the shape of Pikachu's red hat reminded me of another character who might make sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Android 17 was known the moment the game came out. Like

It was datamined instantly that he had files in there. It's how everyone knew the roster already. Vault Boy and Steve aren't in smash :psyduck:

This isn't true. Vergeben leaked the entire DLC roster before any datamining was done, the latter only confirmed the former.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I'd love to have Maxwell in Smash and it has a lot to take from Scribblenauts. Sure, he'll still be far more limited than he was there, but he could be an incredibly fun character.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

sharrrk posted:

small ken

is that ryu's new fireball

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Even if that’s fake Ken is probably in the game, I really hope Minecraft is just an assist trophy or stage though gently caress having “Steve” in the game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How's the Dante rumor looking now with Dante's DMCV trailer & more info about that game dropping

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
There needs to be another retro rep. Is there anything they could pull from Hanafuda Cards, or maybe the Virtual Boy? Between ROB, Ice Climbers, and Duck Hunt, the NES is pretty well represented, so I doubt we'll get ExciteBike/Urban Champion/Mach Rider or whatever.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

IDONTPOST posted:

gently caress having “Steve” in the game.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Penguin posted:

There needs to be another retro rep. Is there anything they could pull from Hanafuda Cards, or maybe the Virtual Boy? Between ROB, Ice Climbers, and Duck Hunt, the NES is pretty well represented, so I doubt we'll get ExciteBike/Urban Champion/Mach Rider or whatever.

Master. Higgins.