Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Grognan posted:

gonna laugh if he ends up basically being the best of the lot and actually was morally justified

Jokes on both of youse, I'm in camp "He's the best of the lot, but that's not saying much"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i just love that even his text is purple. i cannot dislike the man.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MikeJF posted:

I love how this thread has just become 'thirst for Solomon D for ten pages'.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

White Coke posted:

How many of his sons has Solomon-David taught Ki Rata? Or would he reserve it for students who aren’t related?

From what I remember about Ki Rata, I imagine none currently living.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

MikeJF posted:

I love how this thread has just become 'dunk on Solomon D for ten pages'.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Grognan posted:

gonna laugh if he ends up basically being the best of the lot and actually was morally justified

impossible, because Gog-Agog is right there

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there probably isn't a lot of justification for ruling over a seventh of creation as its all-powerful Dad-Tyrant.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Archenteron posted:

From what I remember about Ki Rata, I imagine none currently living.

From what I imagine about it, he has taught it to thousand sons of his, but none actually lived past the student phase.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Jokes on both of youse, I'm in camp "He's the best of the lot, but that's not saying much"

He's extremely pacing the road to hell with his good intentions

like it works out generally better in his worlds than in like mottom's because he doesn't just take everything a world has but it's still rule by arrogant jerk

He's also probably going to have a moment like the Third Master when he realizes no one learned a goddamn thing he wanted to teach them

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I'll say that if I could trade Trump's orange regime for the eternal reign of Papa Solomon, they wouldn't have time to finish saying his name before I signed the dotted line in blood.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Magnus Manfist posted:

Have you guys ever even seen a kung fu film? SoDa wiped out the Ki Rata temple* after attaining mastery because he didn't want a bunch of potential challengers being trained up only someone as responsible as he should weild such power. One old monk survives who could maaaaybe train a young hero to challenge him.

*Ki Rata was certainly practiced by an order of monks in a temple on top of a mountain

Why yes I have seen star wars

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Solly D did nothing wrong.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kai Tave posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there probably isn't a lot of justification for ruling over a seventh of creation as its all-powerful Dad-Tyrant.

Only a hard Dad-Tyrant can make the hard Dad-Tyrant decisions, you see.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

More like Sunny D, because two suns.

And its a drink.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

e. goddamnit, I refreshed this page twice after the first post never showed up. Lowtax fix your poo poo :argh:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why yes I have seen star wars

you are like a tiny baby. that was a hopeless cliche in kung fu movies long before george lucas decided to do "what if Kurosawa, but IN SPACE"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm aware that it's unoriginal pulp trash

It's also the only thing I've watched start to finish that uses that cliche

It's okay, I'll show myself out.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Here's the real questions:

Have Solomon and Gog-Agog been having a secret affair for the past thousand years? Will they ever go public with it?? How will this all end?

Check the inside of this issue of Gog's World Reports for the answers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
111111 universes cry out in unison sorry daddy ive been naughty

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Okay who we casting as Solomon in the Kill 6 Billion Demons film adaptation. I'm thinking maybe the dude who played M'Baku from Black Panther since he is also seventeen feet tall, jacked, and regal

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's a pity that Christopher Judge is probably too old, he is tall and was pretty jacked, and he has a great voice.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

SlimGoodbody posted:

Okay who we casting as Solomon in the Kill 6 Billion Demons film adaptation. I'm thinking maybe the dude who played M'Baku from Black Panther since he is also seventeen feet tall, jacked, and regal

If it's radio I vote for Chris Tucker (or someone similar). I'd love a voice that instantly breaks the stereotype.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

SlimGoodbody posted:

Okay who we casting as Solomon in the Kill 6 Billion Demons film adaptation
scarlett johansson

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ashcans posted:

It's a pity that Christopher Judge is probably too old, he is tall and was pretty jacked, and he has a great voice.

Yeah he who I thought of immediately but he, being more wise than SolDad, is getting old and dying instead of trying to continue forever

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SlimGoodbody posted:

Bautista

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

drat, he would have to be in the movie somewhere, but I think he's Greek/Filipino so I dunno about casting as Emperor Hotdad, Black Paragon of Aesthetics

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Michael Jai White, hands down. Dude actually knows martial arts and he's got an excellent voice.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You all know it would be The Rock, and the cartoon adaptation would be voiced by Keith David.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Hostile V posted:

Michael Jai White, hands down. Dude actually knows martial arts and he's got an excellent voice.

Yes! He has the right look for SD, too.
"I am smiling."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Say Nothing posted:

You all know it would be The Rock, and the cartoon adaptation would be voiced by Keith David.

James Earl Jones

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Idris Elba would make a fantastic Sol Daddy.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

xcheopis posted:

Yes! He has the right look for SD, too.
"I am smiling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJGRRERYk4
"Who the hell is interrupting my Ki Rata?!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jormagund posted:

If it's radio I vote for Chris Tucker (or someone similar). I'd love a voice that instantly breaks the stereotype.

YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE gently caress OUT

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Forcing Chris Tucker to bulk up to Solly Daddy proportions would be the most amazing thing ever put on the silver screen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The correct answer is, as always, Gilbert Gottfried.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Danny DeVito

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
no that's cio

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Gilbert Gottfried cannot voice Solomon David because he is too busy voicing Terezi Pyrope

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/178333659985/so-aikido-and-jujitsu-are-grappling-defensive

So I think that we can safely say that Solomon David is in fact the kind of bullshit martial arts character who is basically immune to assassination by anyone but a comparable martial arts master, by genre convention. Also, I don't think ki rata is based on the key of kings, so him being a Demiurge is icing on that particular fist-shaped cake.

Also this means he's specifically the archetypal arrogant kung fu prodigy who uses forbidden techniques because he thinks he's uniquely capable of doing it right. Only he then went on to found a multiversal civilization which he has ruled for ten thousand years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Slowboat posted:

he's specifically the archetypal arrogant kung fu prodigy who uses forbidden techniques because he thinks he's uniquely capable of doing it right. Only he then went on to found a multiversal civilization which he has ruled for ten thousand years.

I mean, it sounds like he was uniquely capable of doing it right, then.