Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my earnest opinion wwe should pay guys like shawn michaels for life to stay retired when they do a respectable retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In a way it's comforting to know everyone who gets involved with this dumb business is terrible with money

Like even the literal most successful man to ever be associated with wrestling still loving thought spending a shitton on 2 XFLs and one bodybuilding federation was an intelligent financial choice

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I honestly believe that WWE should medically jack off the wrestlers when it is requested

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Cavauro posted:

in my earnest opinion wwe should pay guys like shawn michaels for life to stay retired when they do a respectable retirement

Isn't that essentially what a Legends contract entails? "We'll pay you a stipend basically forever, and all you have to do is not wrestle for anyone else and show up on our TV when we need you" ?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's not enough to keep shawn michaels in the money if he even has one of those. He needs 200,000 more dollars per year at least, and the option to be medically jacked from the dick.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Have you ever been tested for CTE

I'm legitimately concerned

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am alive

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Thank goodness

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Announced for RAW on Monday: Brie Bella vs Ruby Riott.

Oh boy. :geno:

Re-signing Bryan was a mistake.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Shawn Michaels is acting in sub straight to video level parodies wearing embarrassingly bad makeup because he's most definitely financially secure

You just know he steals the clothes from the costumer

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This is great, I hope the artist does another one for season 2.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why did he draw Apollo Crews so racistly and cowardly.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's only wearing underwear and almost cowering down on the floor hiding away very lowly yet happy to be there.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Oh you're doing a bit

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer indirectly acknowledged it so I assume it is true:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

This just strikes me as them knowing on some level that this is a lameass match nobody cares about, so they just keep throwing crap at it in an effort to make people care.

I assume this is how Austin became ref of Goldberg vs. Lesnar as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1043552621271740417

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

loving lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

vince should just fund a time machine already so he can keep pulling austin, taker and HBK through the portal whenever he needs to pop a rating

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rovert posted:

Attittude Era: The Match..

I'm wondering what type of nostalgia the Saudi show will have now..

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Attittude Era: The Match..

I'm wondering what type of nostalgia the Saudi show will have now..

they're actually bringing yokozuna back from the dead this time

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If they mention D-Generation X being brought back for this, I will laugh, cry then die.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert posted:

the average age of the people involved in that match is over 9000!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rovert posted:

I can only assume Vince is dying and Make-a-Wish put this together

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm 99% sure you're not allowed to use Make-A-Wishes to force senior citizens to fight to the death for your amusement.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Has NXT actually used that sumo guy they trudged out for the GRR since?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dangerous Person posted:

Oh you're doing a bit

this was the best punchline for every post cavauro has ever made

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stone Cold will be the best part of that entire event by virtue of doing nothing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Actually worried about their heads getting burnt during Australian Summertime.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Oh Snapple! posted:

Re-signing Bryan was a mistake.

Because as I've said 9 million times he is boring and sucks as a wrestler. He was a fad nothing more.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Hako posted:

Because as I've said 9 million times he is boring and sucks as a wrestler. He was a fad nothing more.

I hope you used an oven mitt to handle that take.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hako posted:

V edgy stuff my dude.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheKingslayer posted:

V edgy stuff my dude.

He has easily one of the most exploitable hottest feuds on his hands and what has he done with it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want the attention of the moderator. Why are people on here obsessed with talking directly to the other people who are posting, often negatively. you can rarely say anything without somebody addressing you or sending you a pm.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Hako posted:

He has easily one of the most exploitable hottest feuds on his hands and what has he done with it?

Daniel Bryan booked his own wife and the other guys wife to wrestle

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

TV Zombie posted:

If they mention D-Generation X being brought back for this, I will laugh, cry then die.

The rumor is D-Generation X vs. The Brothers of Destruction in Saudi Arabia, so... yeah. Laugh, then cry, then die along with the rest of us.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

i want the attention of the moderator. Why are people on here obsessed with talking directly to the other people who are posting, often negatively. you can rarely say anything without somebody addressing you or sending you a pm.

I don't think you understand the point of a forum. Relax bub sorry I said your favorite fake wrestlemans sucks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You relax actually, as I do not care to engage with you and haven't until this message, which is making me extremely nervous. My stance on Daniel Bryan is that he should not be allowed to wrestle regardless of his quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan is my favorite wrestler because I too have two first names. I loathe Kenny Omega. Stop showing off Mr. Omega.

• Locked thread