Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Punk rock tried to kill the metal, but they FAILED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

xzzy posted:

Punk rock tried to kill the metal, but they FAILED.

When did that happen?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

A human heart posted:

When did that happen?

when they were smote to the ground

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Metal.
It comes from Hell.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Enforce metal law with power from hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSzQsc_g_Us

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Hail Satan

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
that guy really wanted out of that national park

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

More ripping hellthrash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSn5RZ_yiUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkR-VF5K4aQ

One hell of a EP, short and nasty. I just want to slam cheap beer and have ignorant fun.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 22, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

Oh how I wish I could just fly to Europe for a show and come back. :(

Empyrium is doing a small tour of their older stuff and they have this awesome shirt too.

drat I love that shirt.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is fuckin' hot as poo poo.

The new Deicide is shaping up pretty good too, Glen sounds so loving angry.

I need to spend more time with this one and the Aborted. They both seem awesome. Death metal is in a great place lately.

The album art on the new Deicide is so good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seeing Angra tonight. Only really familiar with Temple of Shadows and the new one, but both of those are killer, so I’m excited.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The fact that mainstream rock is basically dead but new metal bands full of teenagers show up constantly loving owns

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEqw6QrMn54

Brazilian speed metal is the truest metal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Trip report Spectral Voice / Demilich (I post this at like 11:30 AM the following day for those of you who lack the skills to add things up right-ah)

FInal show of their trip, so before Demilich's last song they all went up on stage together and hugged it out

I am literally gonna frame this thing and be insufferable about it

Demilich filmed their set, so if you ever see footage from their first ever gig in Berlin (which it was, wtf) and you wonder "who's that dumbass idiot bitch killing himself on the bass monitor", it me

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm in Chicago and going to the Dying Fetus and Incantation show tonight at Bottom Lounge. I'm very much looking forward to it because it's my first show in 1.5 years. Plus DF always puts in an entertaining set.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'm in Chicago and going to the Dying Fetus and Incantation show tonight at Bottom Lounge. I'm very much looking forward to it because it's my first show in 1.5 years. Plus DF always puts in an entertaining set.

I've got nothing going on tonight and seeing Dying Fetus sounds cool.

e: ticket bought

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 23, 2018

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I saw them last night in Grand Rapids, MI. It ruled. You're gonna have fun

Gatecreeper was loving awesome too.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of Bolt Thrower, Earache doesn't have any Bolt Thrower shirts, do they? I've always wanted one and there's like, none.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

CornHolio posted:

Speaking of Bolt Thrower, Earache doesn't have any Bolt Thrower shirts, do they? I've always wanted one and there's like, none.

I wouldn't buy Bolt Thrower shirts from Earache even if they had any, after the poo poo they pulled. Besides, wasn't it a thing that BT only sold merch at shows? In which case, welp

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yeah good luck finding any authentic bolt thrower merch that doesn't cost a fuckton, it's pretty much all bootleg

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If only they would sell their own merch, goddamn I’d love to give them my money

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I got my bolt thrower shirt from that guy at MDF that sells a million shirts

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I'm going to catch Revocation/Exhumed/Rivers of Nihil/Yautja tomorrow. Super stoked to finally see Exhumed.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Nativity In Black posted:

I'm going to catch Revocation/Exhumed/Rivers of Nihil/Yautja tomorrow. Super stoked to finally see Exhumed.

I'm at the Ft Worth show. Yautja was crazy.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Smirr posted:

I wouldn't buy Bolt Thrower shirts from Earache even if they had any, after the poo poo they pulled. Besides, wasn't it a thing that BT only sold merch at shows? In which case, welp

Oh poo poo, forgot about that. Good call.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Apparently there are Full Dynamic Range versions of both Realm of Chaos and War Master.

Listening to War Master now and it sounds amazing.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

MrBling posted:

Apparently there are Full Dynamic Range versions of both Realm of Chaos and War Master.

Listening to War Master now and it sounds amazing.

Also IVth Crusade and For Victory. I've got them all.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Frank Caskelot posted:

Also IVth Crusade and For Victory. I've got them all.

Looks like they have them on Bandcamp as well as Vinyl.
https://bolt-thrower.bandcamp.com/music

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Going by the albums on offer, that's run by Earache.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It definitely is but I'm not sure if anyone else is distributing bolt thrower FDR albums at the point.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Smirr posted:

I wouldn't buy Bolt Thrower shirts from Earache even if they had any, after the poo poo they pulled.

The whole "ditching extreme metal and going hard for BS southern dadrock" thing?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

The whole "ditching extreme metal and going hard for BS southern dadrock" thing?

Releasing a not particularly necessary compilation against the band's wishes after an acrimonious split, released two months before their first non-Earache album. All perfectly legal, but really lovely.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ah yeah. They've done that with both Entombed and Bolt Thrower, right?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Saw Haggard last night in a tiny club in Berlin and they got 3 violin players, a double bass, two guitarists, a bassist, a flute player (WHO WAS INCREDIBLE), a clarinet, keyboardist, I think some others tucked away too on aa stage that barely fit the 6 people of the support band all on stage. Good effort.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Someone dug up SYL's Alien, in instrumental form. Although vocals are insane on the normal one, it's cool to hear the instruments in the background on their own. This is a masterpiece of an album, ferocious, schizophrenic and heavy as all gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKIcaaiT8hM

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

henpod posted:

Someone dug up SYL's Alien, in instrumental form. Although vocals are insane on the normal one, it's cool to hear the instruments in the background on their own. This is a masterpiece of an album, ferocious, schizophrenic and heavy as all gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKIcaaiT8hM

holy poo poo how did they get their hands on THIS

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nordick posted:

Metal.
It comes from Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUQInRwRdI

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
ahahahahahahaha Ghost is opening for Metallica ahahahaahahaahahha

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Not the first time Ghost opening for Metallica. Some years ago Ghost and Gojira opened for 'Tellica's European tour.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CornHolio posted:

ahahahahahahaha Ghost is opening for Metallica ahahahaahahaahahha

Its not surprising that a bad band can open for another bad band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I actually considered seeing to Metallica, but I can't loving deal with Ghost