Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Delita's name appears for the first time a year before the Lion War broke out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Many soldiers who returned from the war had no jobs,

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

l

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

i

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

t

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
RUINED

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

t

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

l

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

e

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

m

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

o

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

n

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

e

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

y,

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

single letter post

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm just going to let my eyes glaze over everything cause now I want to play this game and not be spoiled.

I have incredibly fond memories of A2, lots of great music for a ds game (I think?) and want to relive that experience now. I think the story in A2 was kind of meh, but the tactics.... those were advanced.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

and even less loyalty to the crown.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I'm just going to let my eyes glaze over everything cause now I want to play this game and not be spoiled.

I have incredibly fond memories of A2, lots of great music for a ds game (I think?) and want to relive that experience now. I think the story in A2 was kind of meh, but the tactics.... those were advanced.

the gameplay got less breakable as time went on, but arguably less fun

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I mean cpigs posts.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thank you CPig for playing the role of the player screaming in fury at the screen.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

I mean cpigs posts.

You should read the one where I explain how to exploit the game to have every job mastered before chapter 1 ends.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bif I'd like to point out that I was here and I could have further ruined your thing, but I'm a nice person and I didn't :sun: .

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Exploits make me sad, unless the game is an unfun slog.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

in which case why are you playing it

(you don't really need to answer, I, too, played Fallout 3)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

I mean it isn't a cheating type of exploit, it is just poorly thought out abilities that allow you to cheese battles for JP and learn all abilities from every class before it's supposed to "naturally" occur through gameplay.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

imgay posted:

i want to avoid rolling start pls

I think we all know what to do

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Part of the fun of FFT is breaking it. Also,PV = nRT.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think we all know what to do

turbo mode engaged

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SolusLunes posted:

dear thread:

i want a dayvig one of these games

someone's gotta drop the hammer and drat the consequences and I want that to be me

Yami Fenrir posted:

I too dream to be a vig at some point, I don't even care if it was day or night.

Famously, one of these games (ff4?) had a bunch of death dealing roles that town happily ran into the ground because “what, do you expect me to not use my ability in role madness?”

What I’m saying is there is a very real possibility many people in this game will end up with a vig of some sort

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Famously, one of these games (ff4?) had a bunch of death dealing roles that town happily ran into the ground because “what, do you expect me to not use my ability in role madness?”

What I’m saying is there is a very real possibility many people in this game will end up with a vig of some sort

role madness games where I don't get an active ability make me sad.

The best I've ever gotten is flavorcop for 1/3 of the scumteam.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

I was absolutely already assuming this, too.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm actually policy voting anyone who doesn't immediately use a vig

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
What's the point in breaking a game if it ruins the challenge?

I used to play FF6 vanish dooming every single boss but now I don't do that and equip the charm bangle and moogle charm as soon as I get them to minimise XP gain and actually make myself think about how to win encounters at massive level and TP deficits.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm actually policy voting anyone who doesn't immediately use a vig

*policy vig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Natural 20 posted:

What's the point in breaking a game if it ruins the challenge?

I used to play FF6 vanish dooming every single boss but now I don't do that and equip the charm bangle and moogle charm as soon as I get them to minimise XP gain and actually make myself think about how to win encounters at massive level and TP deficits.

Yeah but once you've beaten fft like 10 times in the "normal" way you need to find ways to just decimate it or break things. The reason I still play FFT to this day is because I can break it and do challenges and find different ways to play.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
give me a dayvig so i dayvig bif tia

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah but once you've beaten fft like 10 times in the "normal" way you need to find ways to just decimate it or break things. The reason I still play FFT to this day is because I can break it and do challenges and find different ways to play.

Oh yeah then fair enough I guess.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Natural 20 posted:

Oh yeah then fair enough I guess.

I dare say that FFT original on PS1 is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I dare say that FFT original on PS1 is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cpig its time to name who hasn't pmed you yet so we can publicly shame them!

• Locked thread