Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

there's a lot of cool effects and tricks in that trailer but i have very little faith that it will result in a good movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I only made it about 30 minutes into the first one but they should have just kept Colin Ferrell around. I know he's best at playing a lunkhead or a wimp but I'd take his magic Hitler over whatever the gently caress Johnny Depp is going to do any day of the week.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Wizard Fascist Colin Farrell was the best part of the first one. Throwing his role away in favour of Johnny Depp ruined any interest I may have had.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait so why do we hate Johnny Depp now

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slutitution posted:

wait so why do we hate Johnny Depp now

Beat his wife.

Edit: Of course there are other reasons - just this year he was sued for showing up to work drunk and high and punching a crew member - but that's the one that I think looms large in most people's minds.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 26, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
When did Depp last have a good performance?

He’s barely in the first Fantastic Beasts.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Beat his wife.

J.K. Rowling is cool with it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

BigglesSWE posted:

When did Depp last have a good performance?

He’s barely in the first Fantastic Beasts.

Oddly enough, in 2016 as Donald Trump in The Art of the Deal movie.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Slutitution posted:

She gets less and less cool with every HP-related news about her. (She's cool as gently caress when she dunks on Trump tho).

Nagini is now a person I guess? yeah okay.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slutitution posted:

Well, that's on her. :shrug:

It's very odd, though, that the most passionate Depp apologists I've come across tend to be women. I don't really get it. Usually when these guys have really hardcore defenders they're MRA creeps who bleat about how all the victims are liars, aren't they?

My own mother isn't an apologist for him in the sense that she'll say "Johnny Depp did nothing wrong and Amber Heard is making it up" but she's fully aware of what he's accused of and knows all about him being drunk and high and violent and she still thinks he's awesome and says he's her favourite actor.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, serial killers have groupies. You'll always find someone willing to defend a public figure no matter what they've done.

Slutitution posted:

Are you?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

New Creed II trailer. gently caress yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2nfJ6LVNg

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Tim Whatley posted:

Much better than the first trailer.

I'm still wary because of the lack of Coogler, but now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just wanna hear how Dolph does Drago because back in the 80s he was nearly a mute with some poo poo Russian accent.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

As far as I know, Depp and Heard are cool now, and if JK Rowling is okay with it along with the cast, then yeah, I don't see a problem here.

Call me old school, but I believe in forgiveness, and holding grudges just leads to despair.

Tim Whatley posted:

Oh my God. Did anyone else cum in their pants when Dolph Lundgren showed up?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Slutitution posted:

... no. :stare:

Excellent trailer, though, much better than the first. I feel much better about this movie, now.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Looks trite. Like every line is a straight up cliche. Why would anyone want to see this? Comfort in the familiar and expected?

I'd also love to have sat in on the meeting to discuss whether or not to hit a huge trailer note on dmx saying 'my balls'

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ammanas posted:

Looks trite. Like every line is a straight up cliche. Why would anyone want to see this? Comfort in the familiar and expected?

I'd also love to have sat in on the meeting to discuss whether or not to hit a huge trailer note on dmx saying 'my balls'

All Rocky movies after the first one are about comfort in the familiar and expected.

Rocky gets knocked down, returns stronger than ever and triumphs. Now it's about Apollo's son, but it's the same.

That's not a bad thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slutitution posted:

As far as I know, Depp and Heard are cool now, and if JK Rowling is okay with it along with the cast, then yeah, I don't see a problem here.

Call me old school, but I believe in forgiveness, and holding grudges just leads to despair.

If he cums.

He cums.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

X-Men: Dark Phoenix trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eclj77aXmWs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

I just wanna hear how Dolph does Drago because back in the 80s he was nearly a mute with some poo poo Russian accent.

I hope they do something interesting with the character, like have him deeply regret depriving Adonis Creed of a father growing up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

it bad

What a bummer that so many great actors are slumming it in this series of diminishing returns. That straight-up looks like a TV show.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

They're hiding Sofia Turner's performance in that trailer. I hope she has the range for such a demanding role.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

clown shoes posted:

They're hiding Sofia Turner's performance in that trailer. I hope she has the range for such a demanding role.

She doesn't have Khaleesi's strong eyebrow game to at least make her terrible acting amusing to watch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Didn’t they just have a Dark Phoenix X-Men movie? Oh that was 15 years ago. Well, they should stop making them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Edit: oops wrong thread

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Didn’t they just have a Dark Phoenix X-Men movie? Oh that was 15 years ago. Well, they should stop making them.

Both movies were written by the same person. I think Simon Kinberg did not like how The Last Stand turned out, and this is his attempt at making the movie he wants.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
This is certainly one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxlQHlKlHTw

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That feels like a movie I'd see on RLM's Best of the Worst.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hedenius posted:

This is certainly one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxlQHlKlHTw

Loving the charles Bronson knock off

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Hell yeah. I think I'm seeing that tonight and I hope they didn't just stop the weirdness at casting a guy who looks exactly like Bronson.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honesty thought that was Bronson for a minute. What the Christ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I honesty thought that was Bronson for a minute. What the Christ

I rushed to imdb because I was confused as hell

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

He's got Bronson death wish acting down pat as well

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, good for them. You find a gimmick that good you run with it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

this looks even more like a remake of X3 than I would have expected, even knowing that it has the same screenwriter

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I honestly thought the Dark Phoenix trailer was fan made

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

I honestly thought the Dark Phoenix trailer was fan made

That's what a lot of people thought about the latest Bumblebee trailer too.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Anne Frank Funk posted:

He's got Bronson death wish acting down pat as well

They should have looked for a voice impersonator to dub over the dialogue as well because the illusion shatters the instant that dude opens his mouth

But until then it's pretty uncanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's kind of surprising this doesn't happen more often, only other example I can think of are all the Bruce Li/Bruce Ly/Bruce Le movies