Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Chroma needs the Volt Neuroptics to make the full frame. Thanks to getting a spare Saryn piece I can make Saryn and finish Chroma by making the piece that needs Saryn systems, and picking up a Volt Neuroptics blueprint from the Dojo Tenn. Getting two frames at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Brain In A Jar posted:

This is a spectacular waste of time and resources, but on the other hand, gun shoot circular saws so what?

If you hold down the alt fire and then hit the key to open chat, the alt fire will be stuck on permanently.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The same is true of spoiler mode stealth mode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

turns out the weird gram combo multiplier stuff is a bug and not a feature

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sandweed posted:

350 seems low for a day one release full set.

PS4 market, bro. That’s in line with previous releases.

Johnny Joestar posted:

turns out the weird gram combo multiplier stuff is a bug and not a feature

Yeah but it’s DE, so 50/50 chance it gets adopted as a feature and included in melee 3.0

Edit: anyone know if venka prime’s enhanced combo mechanic is bug or feature?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 26, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Flytrap posted:

picking up a Volt Neuroptics blueprint from the Dojo Tenn

ok that was my question, when I checked the dojo there were only blueprints for weapons and gear, where are the frames?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In the Tenno Lab

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ok that was my question, when I checked the dojo there were only blueprints for weapons and gear, where are the frames?

The Tenno Lab. There's a few frames you can only get from there: Wukong, Volt, Zephyr, Banshee, and Nezha.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Psion posted:

Redoing dispo is a lose-lose in a lot of ways because if you think the salt over login 3.0 was bad now imagine the salt when some whales have literally tens of thousands of plat in rivens that will get ruined and/or anyone with a strun wraith or tiberon riven.

Trying to split the difference and doing a non-retroactive rebalance, where old rivens keep old dispo and new rivens have a new dispo could be the 'best' option but obviously that multiple-tier system is difficult to manage long term and rivens are already apparently weird already in database terms so who knows if they even can

The simplest method is to stop re-using dispositions when they issue new versions of weapons e.g., when they roll out 'miter prime,' give it its own riven, separate from regular miter. You'll still have some issues with a few old mistakes, but the inevitable power creep will dampen those over time.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is there space in the main guild or just taking people in the 2nd one currently?
I submitted an application for both as I want to check out the Dojo and all the guild stuff

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Should be space in both.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Sony’s allowing cross-play it seems finally. Maybe Warframe is a contender?

https://kotaku.com/sony-is-finally-allowing-cross-play-on-the-ps4-1829326043

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The big hurdle for Warframe would be synchronization, since the console releases are consistently a couple of months behind the PC.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I seem to have a weird kind of luck tonight. Got all the new rare parts, and not a single common or uncommon one. Also pubbie fissure groups let me wind up with an extra copy of Rhino Prime I'll be passing off to my friend.

I have plenty of time though- can't build anything anyway until I get higher MR (currently 10).

Also, newbie post-second dream question: I slapped the lens I got on Oberon Prime because he's my Broberon and the one I play 90% of the time these days. But now I'm getting more lenses from finally doing PoE bounties. They aren't the same school, but should I start putting them on some of my other gear? Can I have lenses from more than one school in my loadout at the same time? Does it matter that the other schools are all locked?

Still really confused with focus related things in general.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Can I have lenses from more than one school in my loadout at the same time? Does it matter that the other schools are all locked?

Yes you can have lenses from more than one school at a time equipped, no it doesn't matter that those other schools are locked. You'll accumulate focus for anything you have a lens for, and that's how you unlock those other schools.

i was accumulating zenurik, naramon, and madurai focus all at once for a while when I just had a mix of randomly lensed stuff. Works fine, it's just not ~~optimizing~~ your focus gains (but really, so what)

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What's a good setup for fighting Sentient enemies? I've been just shooting them over and over with my Hek and it just takes so many shots to kill them it's unfun. Should I be doing something like fire Hek primary, electric pistol secondary, cold sword melee? Or is there a better way?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gort posted:

What's a good setup for fighting Sentient enemies? I've been just shooting them over and over with my Hek and it just takes so many shots to kill them it's unfun. Should I be doing something like fire Hek primary, electric pistol secondary, cold sword melee? Or is there a better way?

Do your story quests and you will get a tool that mitigates this.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but you can use the code FREESWORD to get a Heat Sword.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

They aren't the same school, but should I start putting them on some of my other gear?

It's generally better to wait until you have four of a kind, turn them into a greater lens (you can buy bps from the market) and then turn that into an eidolon lens (the bp isn't too expensive to buy from other players if you haven't gotten any from bounties). The gulf between dedicated focus farming and the amount of focus you get from normal play is drastic, so you want a farming layout (one good lens on a frame, another on its melee weapon, no other weapons equipped) if you're interested in getting more than the bare minimum of focus abilities.

Incidentally, there are three big focus farms. Eidolons are great because you don't need lenses and focus is merely a secondary benefit compared to the other goodies you get, but you won't be able to pull your weight in the multiple-tridolons-per-night runs until you have a good bit of focus already. Don't let that stop you from joining a newbie Eidolon Teralyst run as soon as you've completed Saya's Vigil and found the Quills or moving on to killing all three eidolons once you have a good amp, but don't expect eidolons to be a major source of focus immediately either. The second method is elite onslaught. Bring corpro and either a good support frame (Trinity is especially valued) or a good killframe (Saryn, Volt), then watch the focus roll in. It's a bit slower than the third method and you'll have to get a group together, but it drops radiant relics and goons run it frequently. The third method is stealth kills in the exterminate mission on Adaro, Sedna. It requires Banshee (ideally with the Savage Silence augment) and a weapon with reach and a strong mod setup (ideally a Maiming Strike Atterax). It doesn't give you anything except focus and the occasional ayatan star, and it takes some practice and fine-tuning until you can do it quickly, but it's the fastest way to hit the focus cap (15 minutes on a good day with all the boosts, 20 on a bad one), and it's fun to "stealth-kill" everything in a level in a madcap blitz of stunning them just before they notice you.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Has anyone had their blueprints vanish on them? Yesterday I had a full Loki P set ready to sell and now the neuros are gone. I didn't trade, duck, or build them. They're just gone.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Gort posted:

As said above, story progress does unlock a means to trivialise sentients - but if it's the sentients in that quest that are giving you trouble (because you have to kill some to unlock said abilities, iirc) then yes, you have the right idea: keep switching damage types to get around their resistances. Also, Excalibur's radial blind + exalted blade is very good at making them be more dead.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
gently caress. I forgot to get around to finishing a Valkyr Prime set... hopefully the prices won't be super high by tonight... x.x

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

HundredBears posted:

It's generally better to wait until you have four of a kind, turn them into a greater lens (you can buy bps from the market) and then turn that into an eidolon lens (the bp isn't too expensive to buy from other players if you haven't gotten any from bounties).

I don't agree that a new player should wait. In the long run, sure, people will get eidolon lenses but honestly basic bounty lenses are so easy to come by just glue a basic one in there as a placeholder and start getting some focus immediately, the eidolon lens optimizing can come with time as you refine your focus gathering loadouts.

because it's worth carefully considering where you put eidolon lenses, it's not worth worrying about basics

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 26, 2018

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Psion posted:

I don't agree that a new player should wait.

Firstly, if you're still following this, Cinnamon Bear, don't worry that you're getting conflicting advice. If you follow Psion's advice, you'll at worse waste a few cheap lenses and spend a little more time grinding focus. If you follow mine, as long as you pick a good melee weapon and a frame that you like playing in elite onslaught, you'll at worse end up waiting a few days until you can start farming lots of focus.

To defend my position, though, an eidolon lens isn't terribly expensive or time-consuming to make: four basic lenses of the same type (and you can always swap with other goons put together a set), a single un-boosted index worth of credits for the greater lens blueprint, about 10 plat to buy the eidolon lens bp from another player if you don't have one and two days of cooking time. Given that you're going to want them eventually and they gain focus almost twice as fast as the basic version, you might as well save yourself the time and lenses.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

at least with plague star around the forma cost of a greater lens isn't that big a deal right now. Still I'd agree with HundredBears' take on our respective positions. You can't do it wrong, just pick whatever feels more right for you personally.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
My 2 cents: Put basic lenses on every weapon and warframe before worrying about building better lenses. If you only have 1 frame with a greater/eidolon lens, then you are stuck playing that one frame when you want to farm focus. Basic lenses on everything is less efficient, but gives you more options and lowers the risk of burnout. You can play whatever you want, however you want and still make progress towards your focus cap.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just buy greater lenses for Zenurik and Madurai and stick them on the frame and primary for your sortie build. 80p, no farming, and you can head straight into ESO for farming.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you'll eventually do bounties for gara and revenant anyway, so lenses are only a short term problem.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Elissimpark posted:

I think I have a spare, if you haven't already dug one up. I'll probably be online in 3 hours, which probably isn't super convenient.

Was out for hockey, in game name is Tipsy-McStagger

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Recently acquired the Lenz. It feels like a thesis statement on how something can be both an incredibly stupid idea, and also absurdly fun.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Hey guys, do your sentinels ever do weird things like fly off their pedestal and stare at your work stations, steal the cats bed or cuddle your cat?

Cause mine does. But it's cute and fine.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you'll eventually do bounties for gara and revenant anyway, so lenses are only a short term problem.

I always get tons more gara and revenant blueprints than lenses tho

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Flytrap posted:

Recently acquired the Lenz. It feels like a thesis statement on how something can be both an incredibly stupid idea, and also absurdly fun.

the Lenz is possibly the best way to sell Warframe to someone. First you introduce them to the fact that this game about space ninjas and has literal bows and arrows, then you tell them about the Lenz.

if they aren't sold, they never will be

well that or some absurd killframe. before I started playing this game, Ember sold me on it and while I've moved on to Mesa as my one true frame, I still hold a nonzero amount of frustration over that 'rework.'

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Flytrap posted:

Now imagine it in the hands of Mirage.

Now you know what true, childlike joy is like.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Raptor1033 posted:

Hey guys, do your sentinels ever do weird things like fly off their pedestal and stare at your work stations, steal the cats bed or cuddle your cat?

I loving wish they did. Dear DE still waiting on that update that allows me to unleash all my Kat's on the ship at once. Even Venari and my sick dogs.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Sazabi posted:

I loving wish they did. Dear DE still waiting on that update that allows me to unleash all my Kat's on the ship at once. Even Venari and my sick dogs.

Let us have forty Kavats running around our orbiter and insist to everyone that visits that you don't have a problem.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the lens advice. I still haven't completed War Within or made any efforts to investigate the teralysts. I came across one while doing a bounty and tried to fight it but the other people in my group just wanted to extract. I should probably read more about them before I try that next time.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Let us have forty Kavats running around our orbiter and insist to everyone that visits that you don't have a problem.

I'd settle for one that reminds me to go to bed

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

It is a side effect of your hideous beautiful colour scheme.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does anyone play this with a gamepad? I've been trying because its easier on the hands, but hmmm.

There's a lot of buttons to push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It is a side effect of your hideous beautiful colour scheme.

It really is great.