Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Does anyone here know any site or something that can give me more info on the batman miniature game?

A bunch of people I know are playing it, but I cannot figure out what I should even be buying to make up a force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Black_Nexus posted:

Does anyone here know any site or something that can give me more info on the batman miniature game?

A bunch of people I know are playing it, but I cannot figure out what I should even be buying to make up a force.

Grab a starter for the crew that interests you. Play 150-200 rep games to start.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Black_Nexus posted:

I went all-in on Scarecrow... but I haven't been able to get a game in yet.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

bonds0097 posted:

Grab a starter for the crew that interests you. Play 150-200 rep games to start.

I think I am gonna buy the Mr.Freeze one.

I wanted to buy a force with Killer Croc in it, but it looks like he is on his own, or I am not really sure which group he can fight with.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I've mostly been playing with my mates set, but using the online builder is pretty useful to work out what to buy beyond the basic.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Cassa posted:

I've mostly been playing with my mates set, but using the online builder is pretty useful to work out what to buy beyond the basic.

Thanks, this should be really useful

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Black_Nexus posted:

I think I am gonna buy the Mr.Freeze one.

I wanted to buy a force with Killer Croc in it, but it looks like he is on his own, or I am not really sure which group he can fight with.

Croc is a free agent. You can have one free agent for every full 150 rep in your crew, so a "normal" 350 rep crew can have 2 free agents. The way crews work is that everyone must either share the affiliation of your leader or have unknown affiliation (with a few exceptions). So you can run Croc with Freeze.

One way to go is get the freeze starter and the blackgate prisoner box. The prisoners are all unknown affiliation and so are general purpose for any bad guy crew. Then you can get any free agents that interest you.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

bonds0097 posted:

Croc is a free agent. You can have one free agent for every full 150 rep in your crew, so a "normal" 350 rep crew can have 2 free agents. The way crews work is that everyone must either share the affiliation of your leader or have unknown affiliation (with a few exceptions). So you can run Croc with Freeze.

One way to go is get the freeze starter and the blackgate prisoner box. The prisoners are all unknown affiliation and so are general purpose for any bad guy crew. Then you can get any free agents that interest you.

Sounds good, I can't seem to find the prisoners in stock anywhere but I'll keep a look out

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Looking at some Drowned Earth stuff, it looks kinda cool. Anyone got any hands on experience?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I haven't played it, unfortunately, but I have seen that their rulebook - minus the bells and whistles of fluff and whatnot - is available to download on their website for free.

A few days ago I got an email that Maelstrom's Edge has released some new plastic sprues - SecDef Infantry could supply an elite, or at least well-equipped, force for your needs. Comm Guild has instructions for putting them together here. They've also released character figures for The Broken and some assasin-y plastic figures for the third faction. Of course, Comm Guild has a number of ideas for conversions.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

LashLightning posted:

I haven't played it, unfortunately, but I have seen that their rulebook - minus the bells and whistles of fluff and whatnot - is available to download on their website for free.

A few days ago I got an email that Maelstrom's Edge has released some new plastic sprues - SecDef Infantry could supply an elite, or at least well-equipped, force for your needs. Comm Guild has instructions for putting them together here. They've also released character figures for The Broken and some assasin-y plastic figures for the third faction. Of course, Comm Guild has a number of ideas for conversions.

One slight problem I had was I ordered the SecDef and they only sent one sprue. But they did send a second one and gave me a free digital rulebook when I pointed it out.

Also, I also got a Broken frame and it seems as long as you can find some spare torsos, you can make 12 models rather than the advertised 6. I ordered some Anvil ones, which seem to be the right scale. I think they'll make some good Rebs for Deadzone.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Anyone playing Maelstorm's Edge out there? Is it any fun? What about the lore, it it more than just Reverse Void (instead of stolen works rolling towards the center of destruction, it's destruction expanding into surrounding worlds)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Afraid I just got some of the miniatures.

Having watched the Cyberpunk 2077 demo thingie, Reality's Edge can't get here soon enough, dammit.

Anyone got recommendations for good cyberpunk miniatures?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Hasslefree, Infinity, some of the Rogue Stars stuff from Northstar...

TBH depends where on the Bladerunner/Ghost in the Shell scale you wanna go.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Did anything ever come from the Shadowrun miniature game?

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005
I've been looking into options for cyberpunk and barring infinity, no one seems to make enough coherent miniatures. Mantic's pathfinders are cool punkish characters but too uniform and military looking if you don't modify them. Enforcers could be corporate security but I can't recommend the models. Some of GW's necromunda gangs look like they could work but the aesthetics clash with everything else out there.

Reaper Bones 4 has about thirty Totally-Not-Shadowrun dudes coming out but they aren't here yet. Maybe if Starfinder takes off we'll get some unpainted minis like what they've done for D&D.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
You want corporate security, you get contractors from Maelstorms Edge.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

I've been looking into options for cyberpunk and barring infinity, no one seems to make enough coherent miniatures. Mantic's pathfinders are cool punkish characters but too uniform and military looking if you don't modify them. Enforcers could be corporate security but I can't recommend the models. Some of GW's necromunda gangs look like they could work but the aesthetics clash with everything else out there.

Reaper Bones 4 has about thirty Totally-Not-Shadowrun dudes coming out but they aren't here yet. Maybe if Starfinder takes off we'll get some unpainted minis like what they've done for D&D.
Mantic's Rebel faction from Deadzone has some decent humans actually, they mightvwork with a weapon swap or even as is. You need to buy a lot of aliens to get them though.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Anvil Industries has metal and resin Imperial Guard-sized sets for bionics, plus heroic-sized weapons of the non-lasgun variety, that you could add to Catachan figures to make criminal-gang type cyberpunk figures.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Mantic Asterian Marionettes make for excellent security bots.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Human Interface?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

LashLightning posted:

Anvil Industries has metal and resin Imperial Guard-sized sets for bionics, plus heroic-sized weapons of the non-lasgun variety, that you could add to Catachan figures to make criminal-gang type cyberpunk figures.

Yeah, I've bought a couple of their stuff in the past and its pretty great. Their Afterlife range is pretty good on that front too, actually. In particular a lot of their character models would fit right in (and the regular troopers are perfect corporate goons).

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I really want to check out this Batman game, but damned if I can find how to start. Didn't there used to be a 2 player starter game? Miniature market has a bunch of stuff that is listed as pre-order, but it looks like the same stuff that's in stock...are these new versions or something?

EDIT - somehow I missed the post upthread about just grabbing a starter; gonna do that. My question about the double listed stuff stands though.

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 24, 2018

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

EdsTeioh posted:

I really want to check out this Batman game, but damned if I can find how to start. Didn't there used to be a 2 player starter game? Miniature market has a bunch of stuff that is listed as pre-order, but it looks like the same stuff that's in stock...are these new versions or something?

EDIT - somehow I missed the post upthread about just grabbing a starter; gonna do that. My question about the double listed stuff stands though.

They are v2 rereleases in resin of metal models.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

bonds0097 posted:

They are v2 rereleases in resin of metal models.

Aaah, very good. How is their resin? Also, how different are the v2 rules from v1? Like would I have to get completely new cards and all that?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

EdsTeioh posted:

Aaah, very good. How is their resin? Also, how different are the v2 rules from v1? Like would I have to get completely new cards and all that?

Rules have some significant changes but they are free on the website and so are all the datacards.

Their resin is okay. Its fine quality when things come out right but their QC is terrible in general though I have personally fared mostly all right. Its better than their metal regardless, with sharoer details on the sculpts.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

Afraid I just got some of the miniatures.

Having watched the Cyberpunk 2077 demo thingie, Reality's Edge can't get here soon enough, dammit.

Maybe not totally cyberpunk, but Aetherium has the "anonymous" faction in Nanomei, oppressive government types in Axiom, some robots and living computer viruses, and... a steampunk faction with cyber squid just because.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

bonds0097 posted:

Rules have some significant changes but they are free on the website and so are all the datacards.

Their resin is okay. Its fine quality when things come out right but their QC is terrible in general though I have personally fared mostly all right. Its better than their metal regardless, with sharoer details on the sculpts.

Ah, I just found the cards...it'd be a lot easier if they put them in a central place with the rules as opposed to in the webstore.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Their layout and access to stuff sure is a pain in the rear end.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Looking to run a MHA game in the upcoming year or so, and I wanted to know if there are any good anime/superhero miniatures? Preferably in a 28mm scale so I can use Infinity minis with them?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Hasslefree is probably a good place to start looking.

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
I think Pulp City miniatures are still around.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Reaper does a bunch of both super-hero and vaguely-anime figures (a bunch are name "anime heroine", I think), Old Glory carries a large range of super-hero figures under the SuperFigs Superhero Game System name, Crossover Miniatures has a decent range and you can always scour eBay for herocliks.

All should 28mm or close enough.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Arquinsiel posted:

Hasslefree is probably a good place to start looking.

Not sure if they have any specific super hero minis but you can probably take some of their nekkid minis, file off the nips/junk and paint them like bodysuits.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
I don't know what MHA is (no, please don't tell me), but Knight Models has an entire line of DC figures: https://www.knightmodels.com/en/dc-universe-miniature-game/

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Avenging Dentist posted:

I don't know what MHA is (no, please don't tell me), but Knight Models has an entire line of DC figures: https://www.knightmodels.com/en/dc-universe-miniature-game/

My Hero Academia, an anime series that's actually pretty good

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

It has some real bad bits but it's a net good and my group enjoys it. I think it's a good excuse to try out Valour too.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

drrockso20 posted:

My Hero Academia, an anime series that's actually pretty good

What did I just say!?!

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't remember if this was mentioned already but Fireforge have a kickstarter for their Forgotten Worlds game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireforgegames/forgotten-world-fantasy-figures-for-wargames-and-r?ref=friends_launched

I really like their human soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Irate Tree posted:

Can't remember if this was mentioned already but Fireforge have a kickstarter for their Forgotten Worlds game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireforgegames/forgotten-world-fantasy-figures-for-wargames-and-r?ref=friends_launched

I really like their human soldiers.

Nothing wrong with it really, it's just supremely boring. The market doesn't need more generic humans or undead.

Anyone familiar with their game mechanics though?