Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
I’ve had maybe 2 periods of brief slowdown in my 30+ hours with Dead Cells, pre-patch. It’s very much not an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The worst I had was when I had a weapon that burned and also made worms explode out of enemies which generated their own worms that all exploded into more worms when the fire killed them. Otherwise it's been fine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sounds liked a feature in Space Station 13 where burning cheese would make cheese smoke, and cheese smoke would spawn more cheese on tiles it touched, which would catch on fire and produce more smoke, producing more cheese.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Love Marble Madness 2

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

BisterdDave posted:

Is locking the framerate to 30fps a noticable improvement throughout, or is it only in rare instances that it helps?

Nah it's a downgrade imo, the game feels much more fluid at 60 even with the occasional frame drops. Its totally fine imo

Def on board with the November patch though

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm digging My Hero's One Justice. Something to play before Diablo and Smash come out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

God drat FighterZ is a fantastic game. Most accessible fighting game I've ever played. Easily the best DBZ game ever.

Cross Tag has nothing on this game (both in ability and sales, game tanking real bad!)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

God drat FighterZ is a fantastic game. Most accessible fighting game I've ever played. Easily the best DBZ game ever.

Cross Tag has nothing on this game (both in ability and sales, game tanking real bad!)

Xtag has defensive play more complex than wait and character diversity greater than none but grats on your new game it does make a strong first impression

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Every fighting game needs an auto combo system from now on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mostly just watch the intro interactions on YouTube. Was Nappa always this funny? Especially when he's paired with Gotenks of all people.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Probably gonna be in a lot of them. I've come around honestly, properly implemented autocombos arent necessarilly so bad. BBTAGs autocombos work a lot like undernight, where yeah you get unique moves that follow one after another when you press the same button, but you can put them together in different ways and sprinkle in specials to taste. It's good and fun

Edit: i think modern nappa was influenced by fourstar nappa bit. OG nappa is still a dope though

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 30, 2018

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/PutGameOnSwitch/status/1046225826642046976

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Isn't that the game where you get naked and harass a little lizard girl or am I mixed up here?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Into the breach owns

Hollow knight owns

Still somewhat intimidated by Zelda

Taking the switch on holiday was a good idea

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You suck at haikus

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

As a person that has played 2 whole Valkyrie Chronicles, I think 4 is a loving dinosaur that needs some serious quality of life improvements and from the ground up rework on pretty much all systems.
The fun is often hampered by all the bad interface, cinematic, dogs poo poo camera, aiming, story, writing, and zero attempt to fix the Scouts are bullshit problem.
I enjoy it despite all this but jesus I has a pause for all dialog and menu changes that I used to think in Val Chron one was due to loading, now I know its due to intentional stupid stupid choice.

Yeah I played the demo and was initially "Yesss it's more VC1" but VC1 is a game from 2008

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I played the demo and was initially "Yesss it's more VC1" but VC1 is a game from 2008

I don't think "they made VC1 again" is that hard a slam against it considering VC2 and Revolutions and how much the fanbase hates them. Making it as close to VC1 as they could was as about as safe a bet as could be made.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 30, 2018

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I've really struggled to get into Zelda playing it home but i have spent the past 5 hours in a small holiday cottage in north Yorkshire plodding through it and I'm here to say its a fine videogame.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

CrRoMa posted:

I've really struggled to get into Zelda playing it home but i have spent the past 5 hours in a small holiday cottage in north Yorkshire plodding through it and I'm here to say its a fine videogame.

How many brittle twig swords have you gone through in that 5 hours

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kirios posted:

I think BBTAG is more fun and interesting than FighterZ, but both are very good games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Okami is a great game to play drunk.

Given how much sake is involved, maybe that's intended.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Xtag has defensive play more complex than wait and character diversity greater than none but grats on your new game it does make a strong first impression

So... “game doesn’t have pushblock and I’m mad about it” does not mean that your only defensive options are “wait.”

Adult Gohan’s oppressive blockstring (where this meme came from) was nerfed. Lots of block strings have gaps that can be punished. Reflect beats projectiles and costs little to do. Vanish and Super Dash both get beat handily and can be full combo punished with good block timing or 2H timing respectively.

Game not perfect but game both very good and very Dragonball.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Siets posted:

The game still doesn't have Raditz. >;C

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

cant even play as puar why even bother buying it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wish I could get into finishing Dead Cells. I've made it to the last level one time... after 30 hours of gameplay, I just got really tired of grinding through those first few levels. I can't do it anymore.

The library has it, so maybe I'll rent it again after a break

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

How many brittle twig swords have you gone through in that 5 hours

Don’t do it, thread!! Pull up! Pull up!

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The hype for dead cells died down kinda fast for a £22 indie game, hoping to pick it up in a sale though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

The hype for dead cells died down kinda fast for a £22 indie game, hoping to pick it up in a sale though

Dead Cells is fine.

Personally, it didn't have much staying power as a large part of each run is always really easy and it also lacks any kind of interesting choices to make during that period. That made it pretty tedious fairly quickly.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 30, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Siets posted:

So... “game doesn’t have pushblock and I’m mad about it” does not mean that your only defensive options are “wait.”

Adult Gohan’s oppressive blockstring (where this meme came from) was nerfed. Lots of block strings have gaps that can be punished. Reflect beats projectiles and costs little to do. Vanish and Super Dash both get beat handily and can be full combo punished with good block timing or 2H timing respectively.

Cool im playing other better games tho

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

Dead Cells is fine.

Personally, it didn't have much staying power as a large part of each run is always really easy and it also lacks any kind of interesting choices to make during that period. That made it pretty tedious fairly quickly.

I'm still stuck not having finished the main line of the game. Not sure if I just suck at it or have an improper loadout ...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guess what's getting a US eshop release next week!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's been mentioned before, but each time you use a scroll the enemies get tougher. At some point the small percentage of life and damage you gain makes it not worth using them. Once I found out this it made latter levels way more manageable.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lodin posted:

It's been mentioned before, but each time you use a scroll the enemies get tougher. At some point the small percentage of life and damage you gain makes it not worth using them. Once I found out this it made latter levels way more manageable.

Has someone matched the optimal scroll amount?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

Has someone matched the optimal scroll amount?

Not sure how true or proven this is, but I found this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/231483-dead-cells/76903042

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTelGrsm5ek

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So where's the hype for Mega Man 11? That should be good, right?

There’s a thread about it that is full of hype!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3239941

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

It's not better if it has less Goku

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not better if it has less Goku

:agreed:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why can't i post about the smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011