Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwU7ZVRa5M4

this video compiles the TOP into an actual 48 mins lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh my god those voices are so good

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

but also theres twenty episodes of set up

So, it's dragonball?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Xenoverse Jiren will probably turn out like Zamasu where he actually sounds good when given actual direction

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I cannot wait to hear what the entire cast of new weird aliens sound like in English and also Spanish

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

toriyama will never be able to write a sadder story than the story of there being 4 broly movies now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

vegetas gonna die forever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

vegetas gonna die forever

Dying seems to just make you better so that doesn’t seem like a big deal

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

Super Saiyan 3 is only slightly less lame than Super Saiyan 4 is my primary point, really.

I like the fusion of the oozaru and the humanoid. It makes him look unique, emphasizes that he's a monkey, and is way better than the new forms that are just recolors

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Terror Sweat posted:

I like the fusion of the oozaru and the humanoid. It makes him look unique, emphasizes that he's a monkey, and is way better than the new forms that are just recolors

All official hero transformations in DBZ are recolors hth.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Recolors are way better than that garbage

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the new power upgrades should just be going through existing Super Saiyan forms but while in Great Ape form

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Terror Sweat posted:

I mean the monkey thing seems to come out of nowhere since Goku hasn’t been a monkey at any point in Z.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

but also theres twenty episodes of set up

To be fair the Krillin and 17 episodes were pretty good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

a cartoon duck posted:

To be fair the Krillin and 17 episodes were pretty good.

OK, that's 18 episodes, did you not like the other 2?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the monkey thing seems to come out of nowhere since Goku hasn’t been a monkey at any point in Z.

Because he didn't have a tail. And guess what he gets back in GT?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because he didn't have a tail. And guess what he gets back in GT?

The 90s?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't Sean Schemmel pass out in the recording booth while doing ssj4 yells?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I think that was over the SS3 transformation.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2Ici4gG1Q

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Falling to the ground as his brain is shutting off from oxygen deprivation "This is kinda fun."

Yeah that's Goku right there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

I cannot wait to hear what the entire cast of new weird aliens sound like in English and also Spanish

They already hosed up Trio de Danger in English. Guess they chickened out into Dangerous Trio or whatever because they thought some shitheads would complain that the furries said something in Spanish.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Crabtree posted:

They already hosed up Trio de Danger in English. Guess they chickened out into Dangerous Trio or whatever because they thought some shitheads would complain that the furries said something in Spanish.

It might have more to do with the fact that "Trio de Dangers" is not actually Spanish. It'd be "Trio Peligro."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

It's Trio of Dangers in the dub.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just not as fun to say.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That reminds me, the LatAm dub is starting again tomorrow. Barely enough time to wrap everything up for the Broly movie in January.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

MonsterEnvy posted:

How do they pronounce trio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLMUp03L64&t=64s

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That line isn't "trio", it's "triune" - different, real word.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Fair enough

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4 are just too much visually.

Super Saiyan God and its variations are better and fit thematically with the precedent established by Super Saiyan 1 and 2. Less is more.

And on top of it SS3 is functionally useless and Super Saiyan 4 doesn't do anything special enough to justify its existence. It's just the creation of a power up because people expect escalation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ssj 3 is worth it for the Funi dub scene alone. Beyond that, see my point about making Gotenks look not horrendous.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gotenks looking silly is kinda fitting though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4 are just too much visually.

Super Saiyan God and its variations are better and fit thematically with the precedent established by Super Saiyan 1 and 2. Less is more.

And on top of it SS3 is functionally useless and Super Saiyan 4 doesn't do anything special enough to justify its existence. It's just the creation of a power up because people expect escalation.

Same as SSG and SSB, and SSBE and SSBKK...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean. Super Saiyan God ended up opening the door to new story opportunities with the gods, the ki control of Super Saiyan Blue allowed stuff like mixing of techniques like Kaioken, and Ultra Instinct legitimately works different than any other power up we’ve gotten before.

Super Saiyan Rage and Blue Evolution are so characters like Trunks and Vegeta can keep up and be relevant in arcs they’re meant to play a part in. And they do it without betraying the core point of Dragon Ball and how power is portrayed by doing something like, I don’t know, cheat using science to get a transformation.

Super Saiyan 4 has nothing unique at all to offer.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ss3 felt like an actual joke at the expensive of the way previous power ups had been handled to me. it's goofy looking and totally useless

ss4 is interesting conceptually, but it felt like they were taking ss3 at face value and saying that no it's good actually, here's the logical conclusion of that form

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nodosaur posted:

I mean. Super Saiyan God ended up opening the door to new story opportunities with the gods, the ki control of Super Saiyan Blue allowed stuff like mixing of techniques like Kaioken, and Ultra Instinct legitimately works different than any other power up we’ve gotten before.

Super Saiyan Rage and Blue Evolution are so characters like Trunks and Vegeta can keep up and be relevant in arcs they’re meant to play a part in. And they do it without betraying the core point of Dragon Ball and how power is portrayed by doing something like, I don’t know, cheat using science to get a transformation.

Super Saiyan 4 has nothing unique at all to offer.

SUPR SAIYAN 4 IS BIG AND HAIRY AND IT IS LIKE A MONKEY AGAIN AND GOKU SOUNDS RELALY COOL BUT ANGRY TOO AND IT'S LIKE WOW I DON'T WANNA MESS WITH THIS GOKU

edit: :goku:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like SSJ3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

bowmore posted:

I like SSJ3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

me three

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bowmore posted:

I like SSJ3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah it’s a good joke form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's good in the context of the buu sagawhere it's useless. the way super played it straight with caulifla felt out of place with how it's treated everywhere else tho