Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Jesus christ man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

last night i was in my room
with this bad thread posted by u

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Were his parents a ginger and a yeti?

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Ed Sheeran: the equivalent of British country music.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

He's totally harmless. He's like Davy Jones.

Let it happen. Let him be this generation's Davy Jones.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
He's really rich and seems like a nice guy, but yes, I am not a fan of this music. Then again, I am not a teenage girl so its not meant for me. He is funny looking' though

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

He's an acceptable pop musician.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's 2018, you have a phone in your pocket that can play an infinite amount of music and/or podcasts that you actually want to listen to. Why would anyone get mad about pop musicians, it's quite easy to remove them entirely from your life at this point.

If you don't leave the house without already wearing headphones, that's on you.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hes not Meghan Trainor so theres that

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“watching a DVD, smoking illegal weed”

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
That people that don't have to hear Ed Sheeran are the lucky bastards that don't get subjected to UK commercial radio in their workplaces, where the Ginger Satan is inescapable. loving Capital, Kiss, Heart and all the rest of Global's empire of shite will be banging out his songs 5, 6, 8 times a day each. It's like water torture, a slow accumulation of annoyance that just builds and builds until you're like

Also Davy Jones was in the goddamn Monkees, I'd take them over Sheeran even on their worst day.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“and I know you love shrek, cos we’ve watched it twelve times”

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's a bit annoying that people now associate "Galway Girl" with the song he did rather than the much better Steve Earle song.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
push and pull like a magnet do

OHHA OHHA OHHA OHH

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You were the type of girl who sat beside the water readin’

Eatin' a packet of crisps, but you will never find you cheatin'

Now you're eatin' kale, hittin' the gym

Keepin' up with Kylie and Kim

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

LionYeti posted:

He's an acceptable pop musician.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
First time I saw this dude was on Sesame Street. I honestly thought he was like a producer's assistant who had to fill in...I was like "no way that dude is actually famous". Joke's on me! Side note, being a dad totally takes you out of pop culture, which is actually very good

potentiallycool
Nov 7, 2011

Homie
Fallen Rib
He has a song about a guy who has a bleached arsehole.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

potentiallycool posted:

He has a song about a guy who has a bleached arsehole.

and he wears a man bag but Ed calls it a purse

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Maelstache posted:

radio in their workplaces

You can block that poo poo out if you really commit to it. Takes a fair amount of will and perseverance but its a bit like meditation.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

the ed sheeran song i notice is the one where he talks about going back to his hometown and how all his hometown friends live tragic lives- working a regular job, getting married and divorced like regular people etc (unlike him the world touring musician).

Then it ends with a verse on the line "...but these people raised me and I cant wait to go home" and the "BUT" in that line about how hes so down to earth he still deigns to grace these sadsacks with his presence seems strikingly smug.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I been really tryyyying baby
tryin to think about this out loud
for sooooo long

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I can sleep through an Ed Sheeran song fine.

Lukas Graham's "Seven Years", though? gently caress that was a bad time to be within earshot of a radio.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I can’t tell what I hated more about Seven Years, the dude’s voice breaking every time he exerted himself or that “OR WILL I” being awkwardly shoved into every line so it sounds like he’s just repeatedly sneezing in the recording booth.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

That's some impressive wall-eye.

e: but I guess he can't help that. OTOH, stop dressing like you buy your clothes at godwill, you faux-bo. It's practically a costume at this point.

Pondex fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 16, 2018

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
bumping this because we should never forget that Ed Sheeran is terrible.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I set my alarm an hour early every day just so I can wake up and hate Ed Sheeran more.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

scum

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A poster many moons ago once said Jack Johnson was so inoffensive that he was offensive.

I'd say that about Ed Sheeran but doesn't Shape of You come across as a bit more misogynist than the average pop song?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have no idea how Shape of You got so big when its beat sounds like it was made on a Fischer-Price xylophone and never evolves or ramps up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The one Ed Sheeran song I like is "Sing" because it sounds more like a decent Justin Timberlake song.

gamey
May 17, 2009

neckbeard.jpg

gamey
May 17, 2009

The Kins posted:

I can sleep through an Ed Sheeran song fine.

Lukas Graham's "Seven Years", though? gently caress that was a bad time to be within earshot of a radio.

gently caress this song, side ways. In a bad way.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Minto Took posted:

A poster many moons ago once said Jack Johnson was so inoffensive that he was offensive.

I'd say that about Ed Sheeran but doesn't Shape of You come across as a bit more misogynist than the average pop song?

The second verse where he talks about going on a nice sensible date where they eat a thrifty meal and he asks that her family is doing ok is so incredibly sexless that theres something really 'off' about it in what is otherwise a straight up love-ur-body-babe sex jam.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

massive spider posted:

The second verse where he talks about going on a nice sensible date where they eat a thrifty meal and he asks that her family is doing ok is so incredibly sexless that theres something really 'off' about it in what is otherwise a straight up love-ur-body-babe sex jam.

It all makes way more sense when you know it’s a size acceptance anthem. They go to the buffet.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Maybe we're just Olds and he's actually some kind of normcore avantgarde-genius.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

This world would be better off without Ed Sheeran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Snapes N Snapes posted:

This world would be better off without Ed Sheeran.
"If Ed Sheeran did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."
~ Voltaire, probably