Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What does "an inadequate sin of the ability to cook a baby in the mother's milk" even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Who the gently caress eats these bullshit burgers?

Also, any burger I've ever seen that's been stuffed with cheese looks like they're lancing a drat boil. Yum, puss burger!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Croatoan posted:

Who the gently caress eats these bullshit burgers?

Also, any burger I've ever seen that's been stuffed with cheese looks like they're lancing a drat boil. Yum, puss burger!

Yeah I really don't understand the appeal of gallons of liquid cheese. Queso is good because you can dip crunchy poo poo in there. A cheesy mess all over soggy buns and moist beef is just a wet pile. Gross.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
This is total bullshit

The wait staff must want to murder the rear end in a top hat who thought pouring cheese all over everyone's table was awesome and good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LifeSunDeath posted:

The wait staff must want to murder the rear end in a top hat who thought pouring cheese all over everyone's table was awesome and good.
I like to think that the staff don't actually mind that much because literally no one ever orders it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is total bullshit

The busser probably scrapes it into a busbin. If you asked the dishwasher about how they felt, they'd sigh and put their headphones back on because they are so close to homicide and won't go down that path again

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gleebster posted:

What does "an inadequate sin of the ability to cook a baby in the mother's milk" even mean?

The more common phrasing is along the lines of "There is no greater cruelty than to cook a child in its mother's milk." I think that Google translate garbled the negative.

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

Tiggum posted:

I like to think that the staff don't actually mind that much because literally no one ever orders it.

There is sheet of paper on that whole table. I imagine all of their meals are similar. Or all of their customers are disgusting shitlords.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

The busser probably scrapes it into a busbin. If you asked the dishwasher about how they felt, they'd sigh and put their headphones back on because they are so close to homicide and won't go down that path again

Lol. My first job at a local pizza place, they used to scrape off the toppings from the prep table into a bowl. Over the course of the evening someone, usually just one person, would order the special supreme which was discounted, and the bowl of old toppings that had been laying out were applied. I imagine the cheese on that burger is many generations old.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I imagine the cheese on that burger is many generations old.

Is this what “aged” means on the menu?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is total bullshit

I’m not usually super anal retentive but I tend to be overly obsessed with wiping off my hands and mouth near constantly while eating and this video is geeking me out. This is like the one appropriate time to use a knife and fork to eat a dang burger

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALaBPmlkQPg

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Get the gently caress in!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
H' ephaiah mgeplllln'gha :unsmigghh:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ok this I have absolutely no qualms with whatsoever

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is total bullshit

Don't ignore the fact that it's served on wood too. A lot of countries have banned the reuse of wooden plates/trays etc because they can't be properly cleaned

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Reminding me that I cringe every time I see a recipe video where raw meat is cut on wooden boards.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You know what makes me cringe? Why do videos always show people holding poo poo in their hands and cutting it? I hate it when I see it, because I fully anticipate disaster, and I know people suck terribly at cutting and have crappy knives so they'll try to do it and end up with a dull blade ricocheting of whatever they're cutting into their palm.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

Don't ignore the fact that it's served on wood too. A lot of countries have banned the reuse of wooden plates/trays etc because they can't be properly cleaned

Burgers floating in rancid nacho cheeze "sauce" all day, that you bob for. You can't use your hands, and if your pants stay clean your burger is free.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

You know what makes me cringe? Why do videos always show people holding poo poo in their hands and cutting it? I hate it when I see it, because I fully anticipate disaster, and I know people suck terribly at cutting and have crappy knives so they'll try to do it and end up with a dull blade ricocheting of whatever they're cutting into their palm.

you gotta know wtf you're doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dELMEZXyMuQ

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Much to the dismay of I'm sure a number of thread regulars, I put mayo in the cake I baked today. It is good.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh yeah if Jacques is doing it I'm not worried. And he knows, you can see he knows what happens when you're careless. Everything he said to do with your thumb he said there because he didn't do it once in the fifties and has a weird mark on his hand to show for it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Picnic Princess posted:

Much to the dismay of I'm sure a number of thread regulars, I put mayo in the cake I baked today. It is good.

I missed the mayo-in-cake debates but on the surface it sounds like an oil and egg substitution. Couldn’t you in theory mix the ingredients into basically mayo if you had the time and equipment/arm stamina?

Still the idea of mayo in cake gives me a visceral reaction of ew. It must take a lot to taste any difference.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so spicy

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I've had cake with sour cream in it and it was surprisingly good

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Wait, since when were wood cutting boards less sanitary than plastic? It's been a while, but I thought some food science study found that wood boards were perfectly fine.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I missed the mayo-in-cake debates but on the surface it sounds like an oil and egg substitution. Couldn’t you in theory mix the ingredients into basically mayo if you had the time and equipment/arm stamina?

Still the idea of mayo in cake gives me a visceral reaction of ew. It must take a lot to taste any difference.

Yeah, I took a box cake mix and instead of water and vegetable oil like the instructions I used milk, coconut oil, and a big dollop of mayo, and a couple teaspoons of real vanilla. It's like a super moist yet fluffy cloud. So much better.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Wait, since when were wood cutting boards less sanitary than plastic? It's been a while, but I thought some food science study found that wood boards were perfectly fine.

The common wisdom is that because the wood is porous it can't be cleaned as easily/effectively, and a quick google says that this is true but that plastic boards aren't perfect because they end up with lots of tiny cuts in them from the knife that harbour bacteria.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

bike tory posted:

The common wisdom is that because the wood is porous it can't be cleaned as easily/effectively, and a quick google says that this is true but that plastic boards aren't perfect because they end up with lots of tiny cuts in them from the knife that harbour bacteria.

So we ARE better off cutting things in our hands.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I added marinated beets to the usual stuffing I put in the peppers.

What an unsettling color combo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

also, hardwoods will suck the bacteria off the surface through capillary action, then kill them when the cutting board dries out

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Poops Mcgoots posted:

A wood cutting board is more sanitary than a plastic cutting board. A wood cutting board is not more sanitary than a glass plate.

Serving food on wood is not as sanitary as serving food on conventional plates, especially if the wood is handled the same way as plates. Replace 100 plates with 100 cutting boards, and you're going to have stacks of damp wood, which is not great. It goes out to the customers who sneeze on them and handle them with their filthy paws, then back into the kitchen for a frantic wash before going out to the next customer. How are you washing them? Probably not in a commercial dishwasher that gets super hot to help kill germs, because that will quickly damage the wood. Probably not with harsh chemical sanitizers, because again wood can't handle it. It probably could be perfectly sanitary if you washed the wood then allowed it to dry completely, possibly overnight, before being used by the next customer, but not everyone who thinks wood plates are a great idea is going to do that.

It's also just plain harder to tell if it is clean with wood than with glass/ceramic/porcelain. Wood stains. Is this wood dirty, or is it just stained? Not being able to tell at a glance if your plates are clean is bad.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Also unrelated to sanitary pros and cons, plates are curved or have a lip on them and you don't realise how important that is to keeping your food on it until you get served your poo poo on a dead flat wooden board and have stuff sliding off onto the table left and right

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I paid 40 for a gimmicky rear end burger and I'll choose where all that stupid rear end cheese goes where I please.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Eating off a plank while it spills on the table is the middle ground between civilization and eating it off the floor like a animal

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Why does anyone need a burger to eat a cup of melted cheese????????¿?¿¿¿¿?¿¿¿¿¿¿?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Why does anyone need a burger to eat a cup of melted cheese????????¿?¿¿¿¿?¿¿¿¿¿¿?

Because the obscene American obsession with waste and glut wouldn't be serviced by anything else than daily prayers to the Mammon of obesity

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I've been back in China for about a month now and I got a week off from work for Chinese National Day. So I decided the best way to beat the crowds would be to go somewhere nearby that didn't get a ton of Chinese tourists, Mongolia. The food here is interesting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

stereobreadsticks posted:

I've been back in China for about a month now and I got a week off from work for Chinese National Day. So I decided the best way to beat the crowds would be to go somewhere nearby that didn't get a ton of Chinese tourists, Mongolia. The food here is interesting.

It looks as unseasoned as the very depths of Midwest America. How is it? What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

It looks as unseasoned as the very depths of Midwest America. How is it? What is it?

Unseasoned is a good description. The first picture is salted milk tea with mutton dumpling and mutton ribs. The second is a rather pale example of khuushuur, deep fried meat pies stuffed with mutton and in this case served with potato salad with (you guessed it) mutton mixed in. The third pic is from a slightly more upscale place, which explains the existence of vegetables on the plate, the meat in that one is lamb tongues served over barley with yogurt in the little pot.