Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, that was an incredible run for the Brewers. They've got that narrative edge down strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

SourKraut posted:

The window has closed.

I wish we could ditch Chatwood and Darvish but alas.

Lol at every cubs fan turning into mcgibblets

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Your Taint posted:

toxx on it

I already have a postseason Toxx in the thread. :colbert:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

iospace posted:

GET

THE

gently caress

IN

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

wyoak posted:

Did you expect anything less?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Fly that L

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Time to welcome the post season Brewers fans to the forum.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

wyoak posted:

its kinda amazing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tfw the window is shut

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ChiTownEddie posted:

its kinda amazing.

I just saw a Cubs fan get mad at another Cubs fan for saying they'd win it all and tell him to toxx on it.

poo poo's wild.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhh Brewers!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

I just saw a Cubs fan get mad at another Cubs fan for saying they'd win it all and tell him to toxx on it.

poo poo's wild.

I didn't get mad. i told him to put his money where his mouth is.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Tfw the window is shut

Almost every young player hilariously regressed or beat their wife and one of their only good hitters this season is 37.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I legit didn't realize Zob is 37.

Also I think I'm just going to dvr the next game and watch it later with beer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean who could have thought that bringing Justin Wilson into a tied ballgame would backfire on the Cubs?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

Almost every young player hilariously regressed or beat their wife and one of their only good hitters this season is 37.

This isn't fair - Russell regressed too

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If anything the doomsayers should be toxxing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know I'm way late to this question and I'm sure it's been explained in the N/V thread but how is home field determined for these games? I'd guess H2H record first but how far down do the tiebreakers go?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 1, 2018

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's not even doom and gloom. The Cubs have literally had one of the worst offenses in baseball in the 2nd half. I mean maybe Lester pitches a gem and they win tomorrow but does anyone think they're going far with such a terrible offense that can't hit for power anymore?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Popete posted:

Time to welcome the post season Brewers fans to the forum.

The salt is delicious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Your Taint posted:

I didn't get mad. i told him to put his money where his mouth is.

beejay posted:

If anything the doomsayers should be toxxing

That's what I meant, I think. Sorry for mischaracterizing your "toxx on it" as mad. Its just like, isn't it supposed to work like this:

Team A: We rule, you suck!
Team B: We rule, you suck!
Team A: We're gonna win!
Team B: Wanna bet?

Seeing Cubs fans on both sides of a "toxx on it" is just such a flip on fanbase behavior its a trip.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
MLB should be embarrassed of the attendance at Dodger Stadium, good lord.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

MLB should be embarrassed of the attendance at Dodger Stadium, good lord.

It's a work daaaaaaaaay*

*never mind the fact that both Milwaukee and Chicago fans turned up and packed Wrigley to the gills, and would have definitely done the same if it was at Miller.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, they could still wander in all casual later...

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dodger Stadium seats 15,000 more than Wrigley.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
well the weather kind of sucks here today too, its like 90 out and humid as heck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Niwrad posted:

Dodger Stadium seats 15,000 more than Wrigley.

Yes and?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Leon Einstein posted:

The salt is delicious.

Yeah, well, in three years when Yelich leaves because they won’t pay him what he deserves, you’ll get salty.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the brewers really on one and they look absolutely unstoppable right now. the cubs will probably lose tomorrow, but even if they don't, it's hard to see them taking even one from the Crew in the division series.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I don’t even know if the brewers would have been on such a tear if Jeter hadn’t have sold Yelrich for a pack of circus peanuts and expired chuck-e-cheese tokens.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

It's not even doom and gloom. The Cubs have literally had one of the worst offenses in baseball in the 2nd half. I mean maybe Lester pitches a gem and they win tomorrow but does anyone think they're going far with such a terrible offense that can't hit for power anymore?

Yeah, I get being fatalistic. I was already down on our odds when Morrow went down, and the prolonged offensive swoon + Strop injury pretty much sealed it that we'd have to get pretty lucky to make noise in the playoffs.

But I dunno, baseball is a wacky game and sometimes things break the right way. I'd rather hope for that while knowing that changes eventually need to be made to give the team a better chance at maximizing its potential in the future

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Miz Kriss posted:

I don’t even know if the brewers would have been on such a tear if Jeter hadn’t have sold Yelrich for a pack of circus peanuts and expired chuck-e-cheese tokens.

drat, if the team that made a good move hadn’t made the good move, they wouldn’t have been as good

Genious

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Miz Kriss posted:

:colbert: those chuck-e-cheese tokens would have bought a sweet spider ring back in the day, friendo

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Lmao the play by play guy totally overloading the mic

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

GalacticAcid posted:

drat, if the team that made a good move hadn’t made the good move, they wouldn’t have been as good

Genious

Enjoy Nutting never spending any money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao replay

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Huge congrats the crew for winning the best division in the best league

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I want the Rockies to win, but he was safe at first. I guess it was too close to overturn? :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That...looks like a bad call? On the challenge I mean, I don't blame the guy calling that live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Question, when Dahl went into the stands, shouldn't that have been out of play and the runner given an extra base? I genuinely don't know the rule on that but I thought if your entire body went out of play it was considered out of play.

• Locked thread