Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lmao they waltzed into your brazilian jiu jitsu dojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What in the world was that Pro League match

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Great Beer posted:

I dont know if theyve fixed it, but doing this would let you fire frosts SMG way faster than its full auto rate.

This is still possible.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kikas posted:

This is still possible.

Oh nice, thanks for the confirmation - time to put the super90 back on the shelf for a while!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
My favorite pistol kill has to be this time I got jump scared running by a boarded up window on kafe and panic mag dumped jager's pistol into it and got a headshot kill.

I don't know why I was running around with jager's pistol out.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 2, 2018

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I may have found my new calling in Siege

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ReasonableDamagedBluebird

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Thief posted:

ash/jager main?

I play Frost, Rook, and Valk / IQ, Zofia, and Hibana. My friend plays French Ops BB, and Ash.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Great Beer posted:

I dont know if theyve fixed it, but doing this would let you fire frosts SMG way faster than its full auto rate.

That sounds hilarious but I kind of like the slower firing weapons, I can correct my aim better with them.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Spawn peeking with Tachanka is by far my favorite thing to do.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Welp, I just bought this game and am kinda regretting it. Coming from BF4/HL/1 this is my personal form of camper hell that somehow looks like fun according to twitch streamers.

If anyone wants to play with me on ps4 it's red19fire. Please make a reference to stairs or SA in your friend request, I hate pubbies with a burning passion.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Camper hell huh.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I guess Cav sitting in a dark corner of the map is kind of camping.

But really the game gives you plenty of tools to weed these things out from droning to Dokkaebi's Logic Bomb.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

one camper's hell is another roamer's heaven

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

red19fire posted:

Welp, I just bought this game and am kinda regretting it. Coming from BF4/HL/1 this is my personal form of camper hell that somehow looks like fun according to twitch streamers.

If anyone wants to play with me on ps4 it's red19fire. Please make a reference to stairs or SA in your friend request, I hate pubbies with a burning passion.

I'll send you a request. I play mostly on PC but got all base operators on PS4 and sometimes is good to not get domed instantly by spawn peekers because of analog aiming.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I never understood calling it camping when your rear end is planted on the objective holding an angle. You also can't really "camp" a spot because you've got 1 life a round.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

It's called "defense"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cerepol posted:

I never understood calling it camping when your rear end is planted on the objective holding an angle. You also can't really "camp" a spot because you've got 1 life a round.

That's what it's called by people who don't check their corners.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

red19fire posted:

It will feel that way for awhile until you learn the maps well and figure out how to drone. RB6 is not just a shooter, its also a first person competitive stealth game.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Droning is essential to attacking. Don't be afraid to save your drone in the prep phase to scout where you're planning on entering. Teaming up with someone to drone ahead of whoever is entering is also really good, but even if you're on your own, toss a drone into the room you're planning on entering before you just jump through that window or door.

I'd also highly recommend playing with headphones. Directional sound is a massive part of this game, and if you're playing on speakers you are going to be at a disadvantage. It's amazing how much information you can get from careful listening once you get used to the sound model in the game.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 2, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

red19fire posted:

Please make a reference to stairs or SA in your friend request, I hate pubbies with a burning passion.

A pubbie's just a goon you haven't friended yet

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

RB6 is not just a shooter, its also a first person competitive stealth game.

:yeah: it just might be the best highly populated stealth pvp game right now simply because the sound design is so amazing

and if that ever gets boring or is even of no interest at all, you can take a LMG or shotgun and literally shoot people through the goddamn loving walls like an insane person. the flexibility is amazing.

people camping is great because then you can improvise a tacticool plan against them, even if that means throwing a nitro under their buttocks from the dankest recesses of the basement

Qubee
May 31, 2013

As Attacker, one of my favourite things to do is blow the floor out from under the hottest camping spots. It's so satisfying just killing a Rook sitting in the corner of objective.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah, RB6 is different then most shooters when it comes to camping, because there is rarely any reason that you actually have to win a shootout with the camper. You can typically wallbang the camper or, unless you are out of time, take an entirely different route to a different bombsite and then become the camper yourself.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Better with sound: https://streamable.com/vm82h

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Qubee posted:

As Attacker, one of my favourite things to do is blow the floor out from under the hottest camping spots. It's so satisfying just killing a Rook sitting in the corner of objective.

Oh the corner of armory lockers on Border is my favourite thing to Buck up.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Qubee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12S8glQYP8

Qubee
May 31, 2013

you don't understand how much I appreciate the fact you clipped this so it was straight to the action. people who post 3 minute videos for 10 seconds of good video make me sad.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I really appreciate the random operator assignment. Even if random apparently means that I play as Montagne constantly.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Qubee posted:

you don't understand how much I appreciate the fact you clipped this so it was straight to the action. people who post 3 minute videos for 10 seconds of good video make me sad.

I made youtube videos for a while on another channel so I've got the tools, might as well use them :v

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

iSheep posted:

I made youtube videos for a while on another channel so I've got the tools, might as well use them :v

If you have VLC you have the tools to cut a clip

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fart Car '97 posted:

If you have VLC you have the tools to cut a clip

the default windows video player can cut clips now

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

2020 is quickly approaching. now all we need is an operator that can cut loops into camera feeds like they did in Speed

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Thief posted:

2020 is quickly approaching. now all we need is an operator that can cut loops into camera feeds like they did in Speed

an operator who made the defender cameras unreliable would be _so overpowered_

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Speaking of Speed, I love to get a bunch of retaliatory TK's for accidentally shooting a hostage. The shrill WHY ARE YOU EVEN USING FUZE was worth the timeout.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Can they just get rid of Lion? His redlight/greenlight gimmick is boring.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think people that grief terrorist hunt must be the saddest people in the world.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

I think people that grief terrorist hunt must be the saddest people in the world.

Speaking as someone who griefs terrorist hunt on occasion, yes.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Where are you, Ausgoons? It's been ages since I've played with any of you!
I forgot to post this video featuring Shockeh, myself and some friends of mine earlier, but it's a good (read: completely one-sided :v:) example of how goon teamwork and daring always pays off in the end! :black101:
(We actually went up against 2-3 members of the opposing team earlier on, and they offered much stiffer resistance that time - while we turned things around and smashed them this match ...Just ignore my terrible aim...)

Great Beer posted:

Can they just get rid of Lion? His redlight/greenlight gimmick is boring.

Agreed - but they should give his V308 to a different op, first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wait, people actually matchmake for Terrorist Hunt?