Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My release day joycons still work flawlessly.

But that might be because I also have a pro controller so I rarely use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stan Taylor posted:

The joycons loving suck dick. My friend brought his switch over last weekend so we could play overcooked 2 and we kept losing connection and having to repair controllers and poo poo at least once a level. I don't know if the controls are supposed to feel lovely and floaty in that game but it was seriously awful. I mostly use my pro controller so I forgot how trash those things are. Definitely not getting Mario Party if I have to rely on that lovely connection and tiny rear end controller.

your friend broke his joycons while loving around inside them and blamed it on the joycons, hth

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My launch joycons had issues but I haven’t had issues with replacement ones.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stan Taylor posted:

The joycons loving suck dick. My friend brought his switch over last weekend so we could play overcooked 2 and we kept losing connection and having to repair controllers and poo poo at least once a level. I don't know if the controls are supposed to feel lovely and floaty in that game but it was seriously awful. I mostly use my pro controller so I forgot how trash those things are. Definitely not getting Mario Party if I have to rely on that lovely connection and tiny rear end controller.

This is likely an issue with your hand having become magnetized. Drink some reverse ionized water (not a lot! Like half a cup max!) and then run a knife over your hand about 30 times (not a sharp one obviously, a butter knife, or any long piece of metal, don't cut yourself). Then open up Donkey Kobg, get the high scores, enter your names as "IM" "SORRY" "MARIO" and they should start working like normal

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I play just about everything with split joy cons because it's the best controller. I want my hands to be completely independent. It's nice to be able to stretch an arm and still have it on the controller. Why does everyone insist on holding a single object to control their game console? I have never had any issues and this console was a pre-order.

If you are having an issue you have a defective product or massive interference.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have had zero issues with my joycons and when I doubled dipped on Celeste on Steam, I missed being able to have the controller separated in half

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Takoluka posted:

your friend broke his joycons while loving around inside them and blamed it on the joycons, hth
Pretty much

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
For the record we used both my joycons and also his, both from around launch. I had sent in one of mine to be fixed and it was better but still unreliable. They extremely suck rear end. Lmfao if you don't have a pro controller tbh.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Takoluka posted:

re-pair, not repair

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol i read a mario party review says you can only play with a single joycon???? no other control options?????
It's Mario Party.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I play from like 15 feet away from the tv and often feel like my button presses get dropped and pairing takes a long rear end time sometimes. Nintendo prolly cheaped out cause of their impending doom

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

It's Mario Party.

Look at this nub who doesn't frame cancel their dice rolls

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Astro7x posted:

re-pair, not repair
I had no idea what that person was talking about but this makes sense. My bad. Also lol at the idea of opening up a controller multiple times to gently caress with wires or something while trying to play a game with your buddies over.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stan Taylor posted:

For the record we used both my joycons and also his, both from around launch. I had sent in one of mine to be fixed and it was better but still unreliable. They extremely suck rear end. Lmfao if you don't have a pro controller tbh.

You also broke your joycons, you are an irresponsible Switch owner

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I with they made Joy-con extension cables so I could use them as a split wired controller.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no pro controller support no sale

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish I could get used to playing with double split joy-cons but it feels awkward to me. Maybe it’ll feel better if I put on the wrist things to make it fill out more in my hands?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stan Taylor posted:

I had no idea what that person was talking about but this makes sense. My bad. Also lol at the idea of opening up a controller multiple times to gently caress with wires or something while trying to play a game with your buddies over.

I know people who have done all sorts of JoyCon modding, so it wouldn't be surprising to hear about someone grabbing a screwdriver to reseat something. Sounds like your friend has defective JoyCons, though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I with they made Joy-con extension cables so I could use them as a split wired controller.

Nintendo used them for arms tourneys, wish they would release official ones.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Macaluso posted:

You also broke your joycons, you are an irresponsible Switch owner

It was that COMMON ISSUE where I think the right one would be extremely lovely. They had a streamlined process for it. I love my precious Nintendos.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NIntendo's wireless has been meh for 10 years this is nothing new, but the junk generally works correctly.

PS: Honestly turning off your cell's bluetooth and possibly the wifi if you've got it right next to you helps. This isn't a Nintendo thing, I've had it cause all sorts of remote control problems with multiple things on 2.4Ghz.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LethalGeek posted:

NIntendo's wireless has been meh for 10 years this is nothing new, but the junk generally works correctly.

The wireless used for the Wii U Gamepad's Miracast was straight magical.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stan Taylor posted:

It was that COMMON ISSUE where I think the right one would be extremely lovely. They had a streamlined process for it. I love my precious Nintendos.

It was the left one.

In reality probably both, but the left one was more noticable because all movement in all games is done on it. If your right I've disconnected for a split second you night but have even been pressing a button at the time

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Games that only support joycons is the Switch's version of games that only support the GamePad on the Wii U.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Huh, my joycons aren't charging. I got my first ever low battery message last night, so I snapped them on to charge overnight. They're still red.

edit: uhhh, now they're half green. Apparently it'll charge in handheld?? what the gently caress?

edit: actually now the battery indicator is all over the place. I'm just gonna reset the console. :geno:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 3, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Huh, my joycons aren't charging. I got my first ever low battery message last night, so I snapped them on to charge overnight. They're still red.

edit: uhhh, now they're half green. Apparently it'll charge in handheld?? what the gently caress?

edit: actually now the battery indicator is all over the place. I'm just gonna reset the console. :geno:

Been having this issue last couple days. I have to reset the system with them on it, and sometimes it works.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

Been having this issue last couple days. I have to reset the system with them on it, and sometimes it works.

It seems to be a fairly uncommon issue. I switched over and used the joycon set that was having the drifting issue and tried recalibrating them. seemed to work, maybe? net gain I think

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maybe check your controller firmware?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Always up to date. Happens maybe once or twice every other month for me.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Yeah I checked that already. Also I might be wrong about the calibration being better on the other set. Mario Party is Friday, that's less than ideal :(

edit: actually I think they are fixed, crisis averted.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 3, 2018

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CrRoMa posted:

I took a long weekend off to play Diablo 3 at release and I'm kinda bemused why folk ragged on it so much :shrug: it was fun then and its more fun since

People (myself included) have REALLY bad memories of making it all the way to Act 2 Inferno difficulty, only to hit an absolutely devastating brick wall of difficulty with those drat bees and their one-shot stingers they shot out. It quickly became apparent that the only way to progress beyond that was to pony up real money on the RMAH for upgrades. The loot algorithm simply wasn’t tuned for the average player to get upgrades over time, rather it was tuned to create a balanced economy of item power on the auction house.

tl;dr - gently caress those inferno bees :argh: and gently caress that RMAH :argh:

vvv :yeah:

Siets fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 3, 2018

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Siets posted:

People (myself included) have REALLY bad memories of making it all the way to Act 2 Inferno difficulty, only to hit an absolutely devastating brick wall of difficulty with those drat bees and their one-shot stingers they shot out. It quickly became apparent that the only way to progress beyond that was to pony up real money on the RMAH for upgrades. The loot algorithm simply wasn’t tuned for the average player to get upgrades over time, rather it was tuned to create a balanced economy of item power on the auction house.

tl;dr - gently caress those inferno bees :argh: and gently caress that RMAH :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SqbK2JCPLE

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

THE loving MOON posted:

I had this problem once. I fixed it by letting it run out of power and then charging it.

From my understanding, it's a relatively common occurrence in batteries when the internal meter gets confused. The trick I just mentioned resets the meter.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rerelease the PowerGlove when?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

Rerelease the PowerGlove when?

Power Glove mini

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I had this problem once. I fixed it by letting it run out of power and then charging it.

From my understanding, it's a relatively common occurrence in batteries when the internal meter gets confused. The trick I just mentioned resets the meter.

I'll give this a try next if it causes any trouble later today

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

content posted:

Power Glove mini

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

Can you respec in PoE now or can you still spend hours making a character only to find out it's worthless and have to start the game over again?

As someone said, you get enough free respec points to mostly respec your character once, plus there's an orb that respecs one point that is a common drop in the game and is tradable, so you can trade for a pile of those easily with a few hours farming, and lastly PoE gives out a free full respec to every character you have when they rebalance/redesign the skill trees, so about once a season.

Standard recommendation is to follow a guide for your first character or two so they're not shitpiles and you can learn the ropes, after that you can get really creative. The game is like Magic the Gathering in the way that you can figure out wacky combinations of skills/weapons/characters/gimmicks that no one else has done.

edit: I'm reading that Victor Vran is a decent Switch-available Diablo game

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
TV commercial for Peach Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRuCFQFXRlk

It's a TV commercial so it's pretty tame but it's still Senran Kagura Peach Ball so I'm not embedding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It's a shame that Mario Party doesn't feature playing the full boards online with friends because that would get me to buy the game. Update the game with this change some time Nintendo!