Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bob dobbs is dead posted:

consensus on baby boom's end is 1964 so you'll have to wait about 50-60 years

The youngest would be 53. Oldest 72. The bulk of them will be dead within 20 years.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The youngest would be 53. Oldest 72. The bulk of them will be dead within 20 years.

And they'll go down kicking and screaming the entire way.

Also here's someone that wants to play:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You guys suck at this

From now on if you miss your snype the next poster decides if you sit in the sin bin

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the most powerful snipe will always be a contextless shitpost

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

You guys suck at this

From now on if you miss your snype the next poster decides if you sit in the sin bin

For what it's worth I have no issue with him, but it sat for 13 minutes un-spookied (the shame!). In the old days a sacrifice on samhain would be made to Crom Cruach to sate his blood lust.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Well, who am I to argue? OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1047654807144521729

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1047525951754706949

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Well, who am I to argue? OFF WITH HIS HEAD

I hope he knew the riddle of steel before we sent him to Crom. If not, well, at least it was only a sixer.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my riddle o steel's a sixer

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-finds-no-corroboration-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-kavanaugh-in-fbi-report-1538625927

Wall Street Journal posted:

WASHINGTON—The White House has found no corroboration of the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after examining interview reports from the FBI’s latest probe into the judge’s background, according to people familiar with the matter.

I'm shocked. :geno:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nobody buys this bullshit unless they want to

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Associated Press - Daily Headlines posted:

1. FBI DELIVERS KAVANAUGH REPORT TO SENATE
The Senate braces for an initial vote on the Supreme Court hopeful's nomination, setting the stage for a showdown roll call over confirmation as early as this weekend.

2. UNCERTAINTY IN SHELTERS AFTER INDONESIA QUAKE
More than 70,000 have been displaced from homes that were destroyed or damaged and lack power and water after the powerful earthquake and tsunami.

3. US-BACKED FORCES RESTART ASSAULT IN KEY YEMENI PORT CITY
Victory in Hodeida for United Arab Emirates and its allies against Shiite rebels could be a turning point in the 3-year-old civil war, but it could also push the country into outright famine.

4. PROBE OF TRUMP TAXES COULD PROVE COSTLY
Experts say the president could be on the hook for tens of millions of dollars in civil fines if authorities found that he and his family cheated the IRS for decades.

5. 7 OFFICERS SHOT, 1 FATALLY, IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Authorities had to use a bullet-proof vehicle to rescue seven police officers in Florence who were shot by a man as they tried to serve a warrant.

6. FINANCIALLY TROUBLED WOMEN GET HELP IN METOO CASES
Thanks to a $22 million legal fund, many low-income women across the U.S. have been able to team with lawyers in pursuing #MeToo-inspired sex-harassment cases.

7. HOW CANADIANS FEEL AFTER TRADE DEAL
They are relieved after reaching a free trade deal with the Trump administration, but Trump's treatment of America's closest ally leaves a bitter taste.

8. ANOTHER RARE FISH PULLED BACK FROM EXTINCTION
The Colorado River razorback would be the second comeback this year for a species unique to the Southwestern U.S., AP learns.

9. AIRLINE STANDS BY PURPORTED INTERVIEW WITH DREW BARRYMORE

EgyptAir is backing a writer for its in-flight magazine who penned a bizarre article purportedly based on an interview with the "Charlie's Angels" actress.

10. RED SOX, YANKS READY TO RUMBLE AGAIN IN POSTSEASON
For the first time in 14 years, baseball's most-bitter rivals are set to tangle again — this time as 100-win heavyweights in the playoffs.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
https://www.omaha.com/news/politics/in-emotional-speech-ben-sasse-says-he-told-trump-to/article_537dc762-1cb2-5378-9cd5-b0507e0b1cf2.html

It's really amazing to watch Sasse trying to play both sides of nearly every argument and dilemma that has come his way over the years. The man is nothing except dedicated to promoting his books and public image of being the last adult in the room.

I expect more GOP crocodile tears through the rest of the week as the FBI probe trickles down.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Some of the Tweeners and Gen X'rs need to go with them

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think Gen Xers are equally to blame at this point. Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, and Jeff Flake are just as complicit in all this as Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Humans are universally poo poo and your separation of generations does not change this.

The younger generation seems to be on the right side of history but hey, the 60s were the same way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is slightly different in that the flower children wanted to change their parents' minds. We want to murder our parents before the planet does us in.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hippies were a subculture, not really indicative of the average person in the us at the time

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

boop the snoot posted:

Humans are universally poo poo and your separation of generations does not change this.

The younger generation seems to be on the right side of history but hey, the 60s were the same way.

Actually the participation rates in 60’s subculture beliefs is massively overstated and most young people at that time were conservative shitheels. But by all means don’t let this interfere with your lol nothing matters narrative :ssh:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hippies stuck and didn't really have any answers, and now most of them are lovely boomers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Hippies stuck and didn't really have any answers, and now most of them are lovely boomers.

Yeah amazing how that happens.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Actually the participation rates in 60’s subculture beliefs is massively overstated and most young people at that time were conservative shitheels. But by all means don’t let this interfere with your lol nothing matters narrative :ssh:

Don’t worry I won’t.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Actually the participation rates in 60’s subculture beliefs is massively overstated and most young people at that time were conservative shitheels.

HST's Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Train '72 is a fantastic illustration of this exact point. Imagine the following quote from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, only at novel length and from the point of view of surfing that wave:

Hunter S. Thompson posted:

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Also, '72 features nearly constant murderous vitriol for Nixon, which no one does better than HST. I miss that madman. I would have loved to see him tear out Trump's throat with his own teeth.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I see the dogs and cats are fighting this morning.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

psydude posted:

I think Gen Xers are equally to blame at this point. Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, and Jeff Flake are just as complicit in all this as Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham.

I completely agree. Gen X didn't get the same opportunity as the boomers but they sure as hell are doing their damndest to make sure no one else gets their scraps either.

Also, color me surprised that they cant corroborate Kavanaugh's sexual assault and that's the only thing they can pretend to care about. Not the endless lies to the Senate or the promise of vengeance.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

EBB posted:

I see the dogs and cats are fighting this morning.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1047847548600377344

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I wonder what the jury will decide when the common sense notion that rape is a crime is tried

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
cant wait for the day we separate trump supporters from their red hats. i would prefer not to separate at the neck, but am not opposed to the concept.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

When words can mean anything, words mean nothing.

I had a co-worker use the term Dr. Ford as a pejorative to talk about someone who couldn't remember something.

Maybe dolphins will end up getting to Mars.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

This made me laugh way more than I should have today.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

When words can mean anything, words mean nothing.

I had a co-worker use the term Dr. Ford as a pejorative to talk about someone who couldn't remember something.

Not when the next new thing to own the libs is purposely throwing soda rings in the ocean.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

This made me laugh way more than I should have today.

Kav is white collar Randy Marsh

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
convince them they can own the libs by throwing themselves into the ocean

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nick Soapdish posted:

Randy is a geologist right?

Sacrist65 posted:

Lol, we siphoned off all the cheap and easily attainable energy. Also dolphins are rapey enough to sit on the supreme court anyway

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Somebody put Bart's face on Randy getting arrested with his pants around his knees. "Thought this was 'Merica, is this 'Merica? I played football in hischool"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lmao you almost made it all the way through making a good post without turning into a dumb catty bitch. better luck next time chief

anyway we get to have some good ol fashioned geopolitics in the news as Mike "I hosed a Horse" Pence puts the South China Sea back in the news: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/politics/pence-china-trump-intl/index.html

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

AkrisD posted:

I completely agree. Gen X didn't get the same opportunity as the boomers but they sure as hell are doing their damndest to make sure no one else gets their scraps either.

Also, color me surprised that they cant corroborate Kavanaugh's sexual assault and that's the only thing they can pretend to care about. Not the endless lies to the Senate or the promise of vengeance.

Seriously. This country is allowing them to appoint a man to the highest court who genuinely said he'd get vengeance on his political opponents while he's there.

This is obviously aside from the absurdity of appointing a man who is a sexual predator. The fact that it's even remotely questionable that he may have sexually assaulted these women should be enough to bar him from appointment.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
welp thats probably it folks

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1047866228663111680

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1047866792541114369

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Can't wait to read the report in an hour or two

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's been "it" for a good while now. There was very little chance he wouldn't get it but failing that there was no chance someone who wasn't as bad (judicially, not rapily) wouldn't be confirmed. My big question is how close it'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Seriously. This country is allowing them to appoint a man to the highest court who genuinely said he'd get vengeance on his political opponents while he's there.

This is obviously aside from the absurdity of appointing a man who is a sexual predator. The fact that it's even remotely questionable that he may have sexually assaulted these women should be enough to bar him from appointment.

He never tried a single case as an attorney. By all rights and records, he was an awful attorney and a piss poor judge to boot. He helped Bush with getting conservative judges on the bench, and he'll rule the way the GoP wants 100% of the time so obviously he's perfect.

The sheer amount of people defending him just blow my mind. I read a woman say today "I got assaulted twice in my life 30 years ago. I'm now facebook friends with one of the men who is a prominent business owner. I got over it, why can't she? She brought this on herself."

I'm just having to nope out of conversations again because I can't believe how lovely it gets.

• Locked thread