Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Just give me a phone the size of an og Gameboy that's 80% battery
actually switch related
Buy one of these and zip-tie it to your phone, they were really popular in the Switch thread when the console launched
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01422TC14/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are great and will keep your Switch charged for long 8hour+ sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've never come close to running out of battery on switch. It's gotten low before but only when I was about done anyway. On a flight from Amsterdam when it got to 40% I just plugged it into the console in front of me. Didn't get enough power to charge but want losing any either

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I've never come close to running out of battery on switch. It's gotten low before but only when I was about done anyway. On a flight from Amsterdam when it got to 40% I just plugged it into the console in front of me. Didn't get enough power to charge but want losing any either

I played 9 hours of Octopath Traveler on my flight back from Shanghai last july. That flight went by really fast.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Graviija posted:

God damnit, I've been so excited about the prospect of getting a Switch for the holidays this year (my fiancee has asked me to not buy it myself yet so we can "pay off the wedding first" or whatever. I know, I know, I should leave her), and now I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revision.

Thread, should I still pull the trigger on the Switch v1 and just upgrade later, potentially?

I know this is God's Perfect Console, so I literally just need one person to tell me to get the Switch as soon as possible and I totally will.

Lmao Jesus Christ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I didn’t see the original post, just uh don’t buy the system and wait.

It’s okay the switch will still be there later

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stan Taylor posted:

Lmao Jesus Christ

A serious :sever:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Switch is basically just three N64s duck taped together so I would wait for the revision where they screw a GameCube onto the bottom.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Graviija posted:

God damnit, I've been so excited about the prospect of getting a Switch for the holidays this year (my fiancee has asked me to not buy it myself yet so we can "pay off the wedding first" or whatever. I know, I know, I should leave her), and now I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revision.

Thread, should I still pull the trigger on the Switch v1 and just upgrade later, potentially?

quote:

I know this is God's Perfect Console, so I literally just need one person to tell me to get the Switch as soon as possible and I totally will.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The Switch is basically just three N64s duck taped together so I would wait for the revision where they screw a GameCube onto the bottom.

Would there be a GBA on the bottom of the gamecube or would it not be compatible with the gameboy player?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Graviija posted:

What a catch!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just bought Zelda wind waker on GameCube. I don't even have a GC controller or memory card. Nintendo put these games in your switch thing you cowards!!!!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Weddings were invented by rich plutocrats, to increase the amount of absent fathers in an attempt to weaken ethnic minorities and the working class.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
On the other hand if you sell your og unit on Craigslist or fb marketplace, you'll recoup most of the cost so who cares just buy what you want now.

If the soon to be wife doesn't want it to come out of the budget just find a way to crank out $300 worth of side work, sell some stuff, or something, make sure it's "bonus" income or whatever

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Lmao, telling someone he's a "sucker" for buying into the marriage industrial complex in the switch thread is exactly what I'd expect from the nintendo crowd. I didn't see him asking for any input on that.

Y'all are just mad you can't legally marry an amiibo yet. Or that stupid dumb poo poo dog from animal crossing.

no i said no tomato!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

marriage licenses are $35, how in the gently caress do you turn that into something you have to "pay off"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

marriage licenses are $35, how in the gently caress do you turn that into something you have to "pay off"

bleep blorp what is this hu-man custom of "wedding"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Were you recently reintegrated into society or are you just being hyperbolic on purpose

In the switch thread of all places

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

remember youre posting in the thread where people were scrambling for ways to find a discount on the $20/yr online service

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lmao that you people are willing to drop $20/year for p2p weddings

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao if your marriage isnt p2p

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Bowser in that hit 2017 Nintendo classic, Mario Odyssey

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macaluso posted:

Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Bowser in that hit 2007 Nintendo classic, Super Paper Mario

Ftfy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just explain to your fiance that you want to scale back your wedding plans so you can spend that money now on video games.

It'll go great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tell her there's no replayability in weddings unlike video games and then you'll be on your way to Switch Town

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

if you have to pay people to make them attend your wedding your relationship is already turbofucked

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Getting married is gay.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Booster in that hit 1996 Nintendo classic, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

You didn't fix it enough, do I have to do everything?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

if you have to pay people to make them attend your wedding your relationship is already turbofucked

Have you ever hosted a social gathering of any kind?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Bowser in that hit 2017 Nintendo classic, Mario Odyssey

Bowser scoured the planet to put together the best wedding ever and he got rejected at the altar :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

a social gathering

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If you never get married then you can spend all that money on NSO subscriptions and play Dr. Mario for life!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

You didn't fix it enough, do I have to do everything?

But you don't have to worry about that, booster is a good guy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Every Samsung phone I've ever had you can easily just take the back off and replace the battery yourself

Some phones can do this but many can't, I was surprised when I looked into buying a new battery for my HTC and learned that you basically can't replace it without breaking it apart and soldering poo poo back together and even the insane folks on hobbiest subreddits think it's a pain in the rear end. This is definitely going to be my #1 criteria when I look into getting a new phone.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep-Nep posted:

If you never get married then you can spend all that money on NSO subscriptions and play Dr. Mario for life!

Now you're playing with power!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Tender Bender posted:

Some phones can do this but many can't, I was surprised when I looked into buying a new battery for my HTC and learned that you basically can't replace it without breaking it apart and soldering poo poo back together and even the insane folks on hobbiest subreddits think it's a pain in the rear end. This is definitely going to be my #1 criteria when I look into getting a new phone.

I have some bad news for you, brother.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

simple hack to create a first-class wedding ceremony using cardboard boxes and a long piece of string

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How is Slain: Back From Hell?

It's real cheap.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I have some bad news for you, brother.

Just because you can't change the battery yourself that doesn't mean you can't get it changed. Like, I could get a new battery for my current phone for around 40€ (which isn't that cheap but much better than getting a new phone).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

making everything as small and thin as possible sucks poo poo, if a modern phone were made with the form factor of a phone from 10 years ago it'd have a 2 week battery life and when it got low i could swap in a spare battery instead of having to stop and plug it in

The iPhone was already looming its chunky head 10 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

simple hack to create a first-class wedding ceremony using cardboard boxes and a long piece of string
Labo's done it again!