Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

American McGay posted:

Labo's done it again!
poo poo, I didn't even think about that. We don't have any young cousins or well-trained dogs in the family to be the ring bearer, so why not have it brought up the aisle on an the Labo car? Now the Switch is actually just straight up solving problems.

Looks like I've got my in. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

I'm calling it. The new switch will be made so that you can plug 4 GBAs into new ports on the bottom for all that crystal chronicles awesomeness. Why else would Crystal Chronicles come out the SAME YEAR that the new switch does, huh?

content
Feb 13, 2014

new switch will have a rear touchpad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

content posted:

Cursed

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

content posted:

I sure hope so. This was the best feature on the vita. I mean who would've thought about using all that unseen often-touched space where you hold something with a touchpad??

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Switch DX will have slightly fatter Joycons and a legit dpad

But will have a proprietary charging port (sold separately)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish more things supported touch controls on Switch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
New Switch will come with a water pocket and heater to make internal clouds and thus play RE7 and AC: Odyssey at 4K60fps

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

making everything as small and thin as possible sucks poo poo, if a modern phone were made with the form factor of a phone from 10 years ago it'd have a 2 week battery life and when it got low i could swap in a spare battery instead of having to stop and plug it in

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the new Nintendo Switch DX will be in color

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So is Supper MARIO Party 9pm PST we thinking?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feenix posted:

So is Supper MARIO Party 9pm PST we thinking?

Definitely. I believe you can preload it so you can start playing right then.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

the new Nintendo Switch DX will be in color
actually this reminds me of my favorite thing from my old Nintendo magazines:

Translated:

quote:

- Is there anything that can be done to make the Game Boy have color?

No, the Game Boy is made to be SMALL, so that you can take it anywhere. If the Game Boy were to have colors, the machine would have been so big and needed so many batteries that it could no longer be called portable with a good conscience.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Your Computer posted:

actually this reminds me of my favorite thing from my old Nintendo magazines:

Translated:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I'm seeing a lot of outlets like CNET running headlines calling it the Switch 2, which... seems like a bad thing to do.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Manticore posted:

I'm seeing a lot of outlets like CNET running headlines calling it the Switch 2, which... seems like a bad thing to do.

Why are you reading CNET like it's 1998

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Switch 2 is good for clicks.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sw][tch

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Switch 2 will be identical to Switch 1 except the joycons will attach to the top and bottom of the screen, instead of the left and right.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

One joycon on the front, one on the back

Weedle
May 31, 2006

b_d posted:

Sw][tch

God it would own if they called it the “Swiitch”

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Weedle posted:

This would cause more confusion than the wiiU. I'd recommend the Super Swiitch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Drake is swimming in piss, won't someone save him

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The switch 2 will come with joycons that don't hurt my hands when holding for even moderate amounts of time and will let out a calming scent when you die too many times in a row.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

guys is it weird for me to be excited for a new mario party

because I'm going to a family reunion this weekend and I'm so jazzed to play Mario Party with my cousins that I finally bought a second Pro controller so 4 people can play if we turn the joycons sideways

Switch 2 sounds boring, where is mariopartychat

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The new switch will come with a free wedding.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Weedle posted:

Pronounced "Sweetch", of course.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ItBreathes posted:

The switch 2 will come with joycons that don't hurt my hands when holding for even moderate amounts of time and will let out a calming scent when you die too many times in a row.

So you want your joycons to also be a vape?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

loquacius posted:

because I'm going to a family reunion this weekend and I'm so jazzed to play Mario Party with my cousins that I finally bought a second Pro controller so 4 people can play if we turn the joycons sideways

Super Mario Party looks cool and it also looks like a game my girlfriend would like so it's a win-win imo

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011

loquacius posted:

Everything I've seen suggests the pro controller won't be supported, so you may want to temper your excitement.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

loquacius posted:

I think Mario Party only supports JoyCons and not Pro Controllers...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

loquacius posted:

I have some bad news for you...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wait what, like, you actually straight-up cannot play the game with a pro controller :confused: why exactly???

well poo poo, thanks for the heads-up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

keep the pro controller and cancel the party

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

loquacius posted:

wait what, like, you actually straight-up cannot play the game with a pro controller :confused: why exactly???

well poo poo, thanks for the heads-up

A vast majority of the mini games use motion control that does not make sense to us the pro controller for

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Actually the news is that mario party is bad. Sorry you had to find out this way

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Looks I can get another set of joycons shipped in time and just return the Pro, my personal party is saved

And my wife and I still play the Wii U Mario Party occasionally and that one's straight-up bad so I'm sure a Mario Party that's only the best one in two console generations will entertain us just fine for a while tyvm :colbert:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Lack of support for Pro controller is why I'm waiting on Mario Party until I have more joycons, since I really can't justify $180 CAD for a party game that I'll play once in awhile.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Two Beans posted:

The new switch will come with a free wedding.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking forward to the §vv|†©π♠