Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well it only took 48 hours for me to regret buying that new Fist of The North Star game*, it's overall a fun game but it has one fatal flaw; Bosses are absolutely awful to fight for two simple reasons, they all have super armor that can only be broken with a move that is not easy to consistently hit, and they all have moves that hit like a truck that are an absolute pain to deal with because the block and dodge mechanics in this game are some of the absolute worst I've ever encountered in my 20 something years of playing video games(block barely functions at all, and the dodge moves you like 2 feet and has almost no invincibility frames at all, so it almost never works either)

But I'll probably give it another chance later, I might have to lower the difficulty though(the older I get the less and less patience I have for what most video game designers have in mind when they try to make a game difficult)

*not the record for me experiencing that, I've had cases where I experienced that within minutes of booting a game up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress the Yankees!

No, don’t gently caress the Yankees because that’s how you end up with more Yankees!

But seriously, gently caress the Yankees.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

All hail the pop fly out.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who changed my thread name

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Who changed my thread name

But DoctorGonzo... it was you who changed the thread name :stare:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

It must have been his skeleton that did it:spooky::spooky::spooky:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is this the new one by the yakuza devs?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Jerusalem posted:

The posts are coming from inside the thread! :stonk:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Feeling depressed even though I have family that loves me and work is going well. I hate this. There is literally nothing wrong but I still feel like water is in my head, and unmotivated and sluggish and a weight on my chest.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I made homemade pasta for the first time today and I’m very proud of myself

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Spikeguy posted:

Feeling depressed even though I have family that loves me and work is going well. I hate this. There is literally nothing wrong but I still feel like water is in my head, and unmotivated and sluggish and a weight on my chest.

I know how that feels. Hang in there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

friday the 13th is free on the ps4 to playstation plus members and its a great glitchy blast to play.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is this the new one by the yakuza devs?

Yup

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Spikeguy posted:

something i like to do when i feel like this, is to get high and then walk around in the woods. usually i get high before i leave, and then when i'm in the woods, i smoke a joint that i prepared earlier in the day. i go down to the lake where there's a tree that bends out over the water's surface and creates a natural chair. it's nice to go there and lie back on the trunk, and smoke my joint, just enjoying the sounds and sights of nature.

it's good to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and clear your head. sometimes when i'm out in the woods, i find cool things. sometimes there are toads bouncing around, and i can pick them up if i want because they're not fast. one time, i found a complete raccoon skeleton submerged just under the surface of a shallow creek. one time a very small bird tried to kill me because i walked under its nest. one time i found some sort of pagan ritual site littered in turtle shells. personally i don't go swimming in freshwater lakes, but maybe you live somewhere where there is no ocean, so you won't know any better, and then you could swim in a pond, lake, or river. if you have a dog or a falcon, you can take them with you into the woods, and you can hunt small game with them. one time i found a can of Pepsi from 1987. these are things that primitive man would have encountered in his daily life, and there's no record of depression in prehistoric man.

sometimes the woods can be scary, so if you are small and weak, you should be wary of predators. depending on where you live there may be wolves, cougars, male humans, bears, or coyotes. there may also be venomous snakes. the toads where you live may also be venomous and you shouldn't pick them up. but if you take the time to build camaraderie with one, a venomous snake or toad can become a powerful ally. if you are very small, a hawk might grab you and carry you off. because they can fly, it's much harder to gain their trust and respect. i hope this information helps you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna eat the gently caress out of some enchiladas and maybe watch something.

or shoot some poo poo in destiny 2. I got it for psn free, which is about the right price price.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Baron Corbin posted:

something i like to do when i feel like this, is to get high and then walk around in the woods. usually i get high before i leave, and then when i'm in the woods, i smoke a joint that i prepared earlier in the day. i go down to the lake where there's a tree that bends out over the water's surface and creates a natural chair. it's nice to go there and lie back on the trunk, and smoke my joint, just enjoying the sounds and sights of nature.

it's good to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and clear your head. sometimes when i'm out in the woods, i find cool things. sometimes there are toads bouncing around, and i can pick them up if i want because they're not fast. one time, i found a complete raccoon skeleton submerged just under the surface of a shallow creek. one time a very small bird tried to kill me because i walked under its nest. one time i found some sort of pagan ritual site littered in turtle shells. personally i don't go swimming in freshwater lakes, but maybe you live somewhere where there is no ocean, so you won't know any better, and then you could swim in a pond, lake, or river. if you have a dog or a falcon, you can take them with you into the woods, and you can hunt small game with them. one time i found a can of Pepsi from 1987. these are things that primitive man would have encountered in his daily life, and there's no record of depression in prehistoric man.

sometimes the woods can be scary, so if you are small and weak, you should be wary of predators. depending on where you live there may be wolves, cougars, male humans, bears, or coyotes. there may also be venomous snakes. the toads where you live may also be venomous and you shouldn't pick them up. but if you take the time to build camaraderie with one, a venomous snake or toad can become a powerful ally. if you are very small, a hawk might grab you and carry you off. because they can fly, it's much harder to gain their trust and respect. i hope this information helps you.

Did you ever see any bugs in there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

friday the 13th is free on the ps4 to playstation plus members and its a great glitchy blast to play.

Did they resolve the copyright issues that prevented ongoing development of the game?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

Did you ever see any bugs in there.

there are a lot of bugs in the woods. almost as many bugs as in the Firday the 13th Game, which the developers no longer develop. some of my favorite woods bugs are leaf hoppers, spiders, and dragonfiels.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Did they resolve the copyright issues that prevented ongoing development of the game?

no :( it's in court case hell. it was supposed to be ruled on a year ago.

e: actually it looks like it was ruled on in favor a couple days ago and now friday the 13th rights are more confusing than the wwf name rights from 2001.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 5, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Baron Corbin posted:

there are a lot of bugs in the woods. almost as many bugs as in the Firday the 13th Game, which the developers no longer develop. some of my favorite woods bugs are leaf hoppers, spiders, and dragonfiels.

I vomited on abug

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

I'm gonna eat the gently caress out of some enchiladas and maybe watch something.

or shoot some poo poo in destiny 2. I got it for psn free, which is about the right price price.

Hey it only took them a year to make it good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

no :( it's in court case hell. it was supposed to be ruled on a year ago.

e: actually it looks like it was ruled on in favor a couple days ago and now friday the 13th rights are more confusing than the wwf name rights from 2001.

Yeah, it's entirely possible someone ends up going forward with the Friday the 13th franchise at the same time/separately as another going forward with films involving the Jason Voorhees character

Which I won't complain about if we get another version of the Friday the 13th TV show and a sequel to Jason X

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

Hey it only took them a year to make it good.

the first didn’t get good until the Taken King so this is an improvement!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

the first didn’t get good until the Taken King so this is an improvement!

It's the exact same actually. Both games got Good when the first year expansion came out. :lol:

Maybe in two years Destiny 3 won't take several giant steps and make us have to go through this poo poo again!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got FORZA Horizon 4 from Gamepass and it's surprisingly fun. I generally don't enjoy realistic driving games, but with enough driver's aides, I'm enjoying it.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Endless Mike posted:

I got FORZA Horizon 4 from Gamepass and it's surprisingly fun. I generally don't enjoy realistic driving games, but with enough driver's aides, I'm enjoying it.

Forza Horizon 4 is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. FH3 was great but buggy on PC, but 4 runs like a dream on my system. Tons of fun but I wish there was a better way to earn money. The Veneno and Sesto Elemento ain't gonna pay for themselves.

(But seriously, gently caress the horns and cosmetic items in the wheelspins.)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Kvantum posted:

(But seriously, gently caress the horns and cosmetic items in the wheelspins.)

You say that, but my horn can be the Windows XP shutdown sound and that's the best.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CarlCX posted:

You say that, but my horn can be the Windows XP shutdown sound and that's the best.

That one is AMAZING. And no, I'm not just pissed off because I've had that one as the potential Legendary in like 8 Wheelspins and all I get out of them is like 1000 credits or another skirt...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Death Wish mode in Hat in Time is super pecking fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got the Warthog horn on a spin and an NSX on another so I'm not complaining too much. I also upgraded the barn find Mini Cooper as far as it can go and it's completely ridiculous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I started playing Monster Hunter World at last and I like the moment I start feeling like a badass, I inevitably run into some giant gently caress-off monster and my handler goes,"Yeah uhh... RUN THE gently caress AWAY!"

Also I have a little kitty-cat friend who hangs out with me :3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

It's the exact same actually. Both games got Good when the first year expansion came out. :lol:

Maybe in two years Destiny 3 won't take several giant steps and make us have to go through this poo poo again!

hope so. 2 is a little different, like they're making you work to get the Sparrow and the new powers are pretty fun.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I started playing Monster Hunter World at last and I like the moment I start feeling like a badass, I inevitably run into some giant gently caress-off monster and my handler goes,"Yeah uhh... RUN THE gently caress AWAY!"

Yeah I named and modeled mine after my late cat

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

snapped up dragon quest 11 today gonna be a good game folks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I named and modeled mine after my late cat

Yeah me too. I suspect a lot of people did that, and I'm so grateful the cats can't REALLY be hurt or die in the game, they just go,"Welp, time for a nap!" and then recover to full the moment the fight is over.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah me too. I suspect a lot of people did that, and I'm so grateful the cats can't REALLY be hurt or die in the game, they just go,"Welp, time for a nap!" and then recover to full the moment the fight is over.

Agreed, same with my Litten in Pokemon Moon that I named after the same cat(that one was a lot more raw as I got my copy of Moon on Christmas of 2016 and said cat had passed away less than 48 hours before then under very tragic circumstances)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I made my palico look like my dad's new kitten because its a cool looking cat, but then I ended up not liking the game because the button placement felt really off to me and I kept hitting the wrong ones. Wasn't a fan of where the use item button was.

Looking back the only Monster Hunter that I've played and liked was the Wii one, and I hear people hate that because the attacks were bound to the right stick, but it plays better than what I was dealing with on the PS4 imo.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

I literally just want this game so me and my cat can go on adventures

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

I literally just want this game so me and my cat can go on adventures

If you hang out in your tent long enough while on expedition, the idle animations have you grab out some meat to throw to your cat so it can have a snack :3:

Plus it gets really excited when it's time to go out and hunt stuff, and if you stop doing anything in the game it'll curl up and have a nap until you're ready to go. It's worth every penny as a "have adventures with your cat buddy" simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AssCreed:Od is very good but i know a bunch of ppl don’t like paying full price for ubi games so w/e it will still be good when it goes on sale in 2 months