Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not al of them of course but how can you say it wasn’t hasty? No one even talked about anything. Maybe it isn’t a thing but I don’t think it’s too crazy for people to explain why they were so fine with her

i think this is a dumb question, sorry, because the obvious answer is gonna be (and this is true for me) 'she was the first, least scummy, searcher'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok fine I’ll let it go jeez thanks for making me feel dumb you jerks

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Biggest tell is that TMM says I'm town when he's scum. But he also has a hard time making calls as scum and generally goes with the flow. The paranoia about the possible redirect / bus with BK is the only thing that smells like his scum game, but I think that's just genuinely him coming up with lots of theories. He usually doesn't make so many hard calls though when he rolls scum. And he's rolled scum a lot, recently.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I just didn't want someone I didn't trust to force of will the town into giving them the item.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok fine I’ll let it go jeez thanks for making me feel dumb you jerks

well no, i'm not trying to make people feel dumb, it's just that i don't think it's gonna be the great gotcha people are looking for on a day that's been partly watching the clock

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Biggest tell is that TMM says I'm town when he's scum. But he also has a hard time making calls as scum and generally goes with the flow. The paranoia about the possible redirect / bus with BK is the only thing that smells like his scum game, but I think that's just genuinely him coming up with lots of theories. He usually doesn't make so many hard calls though when he rolls scum. And he's rolled scum a lot, recently.

Ok thanks. Well then IS is still my top read after BK then, after that I dunno... maybe Solus? I have to look at them because I remember nothing about them this game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Solus is worth a look, as is Sniper, though he's been participating more.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

only because i whipped out the cattle prod

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

well no, i'm not trying to make people feel dumb, it's just that i don't think it's gonna be the great gotcha people are looking for on a day that's been partly watching the clock

I wasn’t looking for gotchas, more of just something to refer to in the event we one day find MMT was scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Max posted:

Solus is worth a look, as is Sniper, though he's been participating more.

Man it's like nobody responded to any of my posts

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Except bif

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You're right! I'm sorry, I was . . . embroiled in a different argument.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

SolusLunes posted:

Man it's like nobody responded to any of my posts

Yeah soz I’ll give you a look

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wasn’t looking for gotchas, more of just something to refer to in the event we one day find MMT was scum

ok fair enough,

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Except bif

susstown, population you

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

What's worse is now I'm going to look dumb and scummy because apparently TMM's 'town meta' is all a bunch of things that make me think he's scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah soz I’ll give you a look

“I’m 95% sure bif is town”

*puts post in bin next to desk*

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

susstown, population you

allow me to channel the spirit of the inimitable imgay and say:

'suss is the worst thing ever'

that is all

why can I never get a good read on you, meatvegetable

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Solus is like my new favourite mafia player rn :3:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

“I’m 95% sure bif is town”

*puts post in bin next to desk*

:sigh:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

What's worse is now I'm going to look dumb and scummy because apparently TMM's 'town meta' is all a bunch of things that make me think he's scum

I'm not going to hold this point against anyone because people shouldn't take meta into account past the beginning of the game, IMO. If you think he's scummy, dig in.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

I'm not going to hold this point against anyone because people shouldn't take meta into account past the beginning of the game, IMO. If you think he's scummy, dig in.

I do. I did.

Eventually I'll learn metas and be able to use that, but all I've really got for meta reads is 'gaspy is good at gambits, trust nothing he says'

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, Hal, you were totally on a scum team with TMM in ecco's undwater game, you absolutely know what scum TMM looks like.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Wait, Hal, you were totally on a scum team with TMM in ecco's undwater game, you absolutely know what scum TMM looks like.

oh ho?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'm inherently a little suspicious of anyone who brings up third party roles, and gaspy and TMM did just that a few pages ago

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850122

This game, the Grieving of Gaqqu

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

OK I can go back and look, I never remember who I was scum with, I am in too many games for that. Also I generally do my own thing as scum and don’t really plot with my teammates

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Xad posted:

I'm inherently a little suspicious of anyone who brings up third party roles, and gaspy and TMM did just that a few pages ago

Oh hey -

Murmur Twin posted:

Is there a reason [TMM] phrased it as 'doesn't have a town wincon' instead of 'is scum'?

---

To be clear, I think that "doesn't have a town wincon" is something that scum would say (since they know who isn't scum but not who is 3P) whereas "is scum" is something that town would say (since their default mode is to hunt for scum). But I don't want to start a derail on another case this close to deadline.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SolusLunes posted:

I do. I did.

Eventually I'll learn metas and be able to use that, but all I've really got for meta reads is 'gaspy is good at gambits, trust nothing he says'

that's all you need imo

if solus isn't town I will eat my non-existant hat

SolusLunes posted:

this speaks to me on a personal level

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If people want to see it, read the runup to the end of day 1 vote in that game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m joking. I’m reading through it all.

I’m actually more on side with you with thinking TMM seems really off, he’s getting a pretty hard pass due to meta reads but I’m still thinking he’s at least non-town. I really didn’t like him going bananas as soon as the bonus action came out, working overtime to try to stop people assisting MMT, but I don’t think I have the same experiences as the others do w/r/t TMM.

I think your IS read is accurate but the fact you shy away from any actual judgement (again) makes me think if IS came up scum, I’d be looking very, very hard at you.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ah, hadn't noticed that. Iiiiinteresting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I think your IS read is accurate but the fact you shy away from any actual judgement (again) makes me think if IS came up scum, I’d be looking very, very hard at you.

+1 on this.

And yes, I haven't really taken into account TMM going into overdrive about the item but that could be him feeling strongly about MMT and jumping at shadows just as well. I'm not going to talk about his meta past this post because it has a way of putting a dampener on discussing play within the current game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I can hammer whenever we're ready btw

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh yeah the sub game! The emerald!

Yeah ok TMM definitely more hedgey and unsure there I see it now

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

I’m joking. I’m reading through it all.

I’m actually more on side with you with thinking TMM seems really off, he’s getting a pretty hard pass due to meta reads but I’m still thinking he’s at least non-town. I really didn’t like him going bananas as soon as the bonus action came out, working overtime to try to stop people assisting MMT, but I don’t think I have the same experiences as the others do w/r/t TMM.

Then let me lay down the goddamn gauntlet and call it for IS being scum (but I still want to lynch TMM first).

He's bland, but it feels calculatingly so. I didn't get a gut read but that's because he's posted in such a way to prevent gut feelings. My read on him said scum, and I thought I had made that clear.

I hope I have now made that clear.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

I do. I did.

I’m even better as Town honestly, why I was described as “The Golden Child of Mafia” by one adoring fan only recently!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Two points against TMM, imo:

Him going so hard on arguing against MMT to get the item

Him wanting to end the day after that happened, when it felt like there was new stuff to finally talk about.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I’m even better as Town honestly, why I was described as “The Golden Child of Mafia” by one adoring fan only recently!

*goes searching through Gaspy's own post history*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

Him wanting to end the day after that happened, when it felt like there was new stuff to finally talk about.

That was the exact impetus I had to unvote. Someone scummy wanted to get us closer to hammer, nowhere near the deadline?

Slow that roll, friend.

• Locked thread