Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Katahara Metsudo being a wrestling fan is even better.
I want to believe that the chairman made the sub rule for this fight only. Just so Jun could pull this off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Gandai's amazing too for going along with Jun's whims.

Yeah there's this nice moment after Jun vs Ouma where Gandai tells Jun that he'll have Jun be representing his company and Jun goes "You sure that's okay when I just lost?" and Gandai's like "You're the strongest fighter I know."

I love healthy fighter/CEO relationships.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

I want to believe that the chairman made the sub rule for this fight only. Just so Jun could pull this off.

If this is the only sub in the tournament I'm not gonna be mad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Luckily it turns out "take attacks head on" doesn't mean "take attacks with your eyeballs."

Speaking of, wasn't the rule that you can use weapons if you can manage to sneak them past the ref? I'm expecting Muteba's new eyes to be tiny grenades or something.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That'd work with the Death Match thing since poo poo blows up in those

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Sindai posted:

Luckily it turns out "take attacks head on" doesn't mean "take attacks with your eyeballs."

Speaking of, wasn't the rule that you can use weapons if you can manage to sneak them past the ref? I'm expecting Muteba's new eyes to be tiny grenades or something.

It's a de facto rule that if you sneak something past the pre-match search, once the match starts the Association turns a blind eye to it because admitting you got something past them would make them lose face.

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 6, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus... This Seki dude is way more brutal than Jun.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Brought To You By posted:

Even if he didn't, there is no way any other substitute can compare to this. I laughed out loud at the announcement

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

If this is the only sub in the tournament I'm not gonna be mad.

It would be great if that rule was solely added for the purpose of that gag

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
This Marvelous Seki character is bringing the heat. This might turn into a Mankind; I can take ridic damage and still keep trucking gimmick

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Unofortunately for Marvelous Seki, Sharkteeth lady has secrety replaced Muteba with Apocalypse Gizenga

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when haru handed him the package i thought it was going to be some horrible smelling thing to overwhelm muteba

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

This Marvelous Seki character is bringing the heat. This might turn into a Mankind; I can take ridic damage and still keep trucking gimmick

Seki's neck... was broken to begin with

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

tweet my meat posted:

Seki's neck... was broken to begin with

I think you may be confused that was Sekibayashi Jun. This is the Marvelous Seki an entirely different person

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Given that Gandai has used its only official substitution on switching Jun to Seki, is there a kayfabe-preserving way to switch back to Jun in subsequent rounds?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

JosephWongKS posted:

Given that Gandai has used its only official substitution on switching Jun to Seki, is there a kayfabe-preserving way to switch back to Jun in subsequent rounds?

"What? It turns out Seki was Jun the whole time?! There's no way we possibly could have known!!!"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just one chapter in and this fight has already exceeded my expectations.

I expected that this will be an incredible fight, but man, this is going to be incredible fight. :allears:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Dr Christmas posted:

"What? It turns out Seki was Jun the whole time?! There's no way we possibly could have known!!!"

"IT'S ME, OHMA!"
"Aw sonovabitch!"
"IT WAS ME, OHMA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: I did not expect this to occur but I am well pleased by it

I was utterly right that jun was not gonna get eye gouged cause that's a wrasslin classic move

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

when haru handed him the package i thought it was going to be some horrible smelling thing to overwhelm muteba

Muteba's been in a hot and sweaty orgy for the past week ain't no smell gonna bother him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Muteba's been in a hot and sweaty orgy for the past week ain't no smell gonna bother him
It goes mentioning that once they made it to the island. Muteba has been balls deep in someone every waking moment with the exception of his first fight and now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aww...Kiozan likes Jun now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hypocrisy posted:

Aww...Kiozan likes Jun now.

Fighting someone in a Kengan match is basically a fast track to a lifelong friendship. The Fang put a dent in Okubo's head and they're on pretty friendly terms now

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
RE Gandai using their substitution:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/459819/3

It's just for show.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/460536/1

also a bonus chapter afterwards which is hilarious

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat Seki ain't playin'.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
The manga even has the seal of approval of the Rainmaker.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the bonus chapter is some Danberu poo poo, I loving love how whacky everyone is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That might be my favorite bonus chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

That might be my favorite bonus chapter.

Yeah I just love all this little stuff, where you get insight into characters.

Like Ren being surprisingly personable, if somewhat of a braggart.

Or Julius being very polite in public settings when outside the ring.

It's just hilarious that they get that badass scene and none of them except Julius even won a single fight on-page (except in flashbacks).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I love Julius is all like "Don't worry, I cleared my drink with the proprieter of this establishment, we cool."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Julius is a good boy who follows the rules, he just gets his paycheck from an rear end in a top hat

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Seki appeared to have control for most of the match. Though Muteba looks to be switching fighting styles

Actually, the stage gets repaired between rounds and not matches right? I wonder if that’ll come into play at some point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol i forgot adam dudley rose uip from the ground by digging his toes in and lifting himself that way. wonder if he'll be cosmo's replacement because I can't really see who else it would be and he's taken hardly any damage

wonder who's going to have taught Ohma the advance. Its not Niko and seems unlikely to be the guy who killed Niko. Assuming this series is purely the tournament I guess that could be the hook for a sequel since it seems unlikely its a fighter in the tournament

Jose fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 7, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

lol i forgot adam dudley rose uip from the ground by digging his toes in and lifting himself that way. wonder if he'll be cosmo's replacement because I can't really see who else it would be and he's taken hardly any damage

wonder who's going to have taught Ohma the advance. Its not Niko and seems unlikely to be the guy who killed Niko. Assuming this series is purely the tournament I guess that could be the hook for a sequel since it seems unlikely its a fighter in the tournament

It'll turn out it's Baki, setting up a crossover sequel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

It'll turn out it's Baki, setting up a crossover sequel.

this would own lol

also i hadn't realised that gensai and setsuna were fighting each other next that is also going to own

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

starting to think an ohma vs hatsumi sen final would be the best

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Final is going to be Ohma vs Rihito when Rihito subs in after everyone in the right bracket shatters their fingers on Saw Paing's skull.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Joseance posted:

this would own lol

also i hadn't realised that gensai and setsuna were fighting each other next that is also going to own

ayup that fight is going to be fully sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ohma realising he wants to win to prove he's the strongest is the biggest reason setsuna won't be in the final