Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

Someone hired a better sound mixer.

The sound mix on this is incredible. I have a pretty good surround system and all the weird noises from that shell made me think there was something happening outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Apparently there are a lot of commercials.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ComposerGuy posted:

Where is the title sequence! I've been waiting forever for that!

Probably going to be at the end or shown next episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t get the bit about the guy who picked up the egg thing. Who was he?

Looks like they're trying to figure that out. Based on what he said, his sister disappeared and he blames/saw aliens do it, and was hoping to get answers from it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

"If I die open things on my computer" is like the exact opposite of instructions I'd leave.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Is the sonic building music gonna be her theme?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ComposerGuy posted:

Where is the title sequence! I've been waiting forever for that!

It’s not coming till next episode apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This construction/assembly montage loving rules

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Did they really just come back for 15 seconds and cut to commercial again?

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
loving hell team . Move to the uk and pay the license fee. No adverts

E listenicense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This guy.... this is not a smart guy.....

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Is it just me, or are these companions a lot sharper than usual.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo, that’s nasty.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well, that's.... gross as poo poo.

Edit: "....Tim Shaw?" :lol:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tim Shaw gives me definate duane benzie vibes. ("Hello, Tim...")

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nooooo leave this nice old security granddad alone!

Awww man.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dang, they are upping the death count severely.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well at least we colonials seem to be getting it on a delay because of the commercials rather than it being cut all to hell.

(Last commercial complaint unless it isn't.)

Loving the new composer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

docbeard posted:

Loving the new composer.

Yeah, this music is great and the sound mix isn't getting in the way

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Don’t you kill Grace :mad:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Eat my salad :smug:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The_Doctor posted:

Dang, they are upping the death count severely.

I mean... they've wiped out entire species on screen before, so far we've had what, three deaths?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"These legs definitely used to be longer!"

She is loving great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DON'T KILL RYAN'S NAN! :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She’s the Doctor!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NOOOOO

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Goddamnit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Noooooo :gonk:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Hey, double meaning title! :haw:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like that was really unnecessary, and I’m kind of annoyed at that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahaha I saw the group teleport coming but that was still great

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The new theme music is just the 60s one with added stuff?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I really, really, really enjoyed that.

I'm sure I'll be more critical with time (the trophy teeth was a missed opportunity for the DNA bomb to be turned back on Tim Shaw, for example) but overall it looked great, sounded great, the new companions were really good and the Doctor is - of course - absolutely incredible.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Well that was a pretty good episode I thought! A little slapdash in places (Luckily my bus driver mate told me where the alien was, so we didnt have to find another way of tracing it!), but decent script, cast did well, I'm pleased.

And I reckon we'll revisit those aliens sooner rather than later (so probably this season) because they didnt rescue the asian guys sister who explicitly mentioned as being alive in stasis in an alien trophy room.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Trophy teeth was ok, but felt like a Moffat tooth fairy gone wrong idea. Overall though loving ace. Apart from the weird actor roll call at the end. Weird

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1049009206454636544

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Took me far too long to realise she was still wearing the Capaldi suit. Actually prefer the best up clothing to what she put on.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
And it feels like a new show, maybe even more than when moff took over - down to the sound change. Think I need to digest. Loved it but need to go to the pub

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

These ad breaks are loving incessant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ben Soosneb posted:

Apart from the weird actor roll call at the end. Weird

That bit was really weird. I don’t really care about the coming actors?

Man, Grace’s death has left a really bad taste in my mouth. It felt very unnecessary, and they telegraphed it coming quite hard. I was hoping it was a misdirect, but no.