Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I really though they were gonna stop it in the second when he got in like, 30 or 40 shots straight to the face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
DAGESTAN SUPREMACY

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude jumped out of the ring to assault someone. He should be cut loose from the sport since he can’t control himself. Same for McGregor.

He had spent months with these people calling him every name and slur they could think of, had physically attacked him before, and during the fight, one in particular kept yelling poo poo at him to try to distract him and continued after the match. Dilon Danis has frequently started altercations in grappling competitions and fights. He's been kicked out of multiple grappling academies as a result.

McGregor has had a lot of violent outbursts before such as him and his gang of hooligans (including Danis) corralling Khabib and a bunch of other fighters before smashing the van they were in with a furniture dolly. Two fighters were removed from the card for that incident.

shame on an IGA posted:

I really though they were gonna stop it in the second when he got in like, 30 or 40 shots straight to the face

Conor go hosed up bad and it was awesome.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Those don’t seem like acceptable excuses since at any time he could have walked away from it.
McGregors little bus stunt should have had real repercussions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DoktorLoken posted:

Go figure my radical marxist far left friend loves to to focus on the democrats, DSA, etc. as being the problem vs. actual fascists.

Fortunately in America, FULL COMMUNISM NOW jerkoffs have zero political power or influence as opposed to in interwar Europe where they could cause some trouble.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The Khashoggi story is nuts. Highly regarded journalist who's often been critical of Bin Salman, especially in regards to his war in Yemen, he went to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to get a marriage certificate. He already suspected that he could be in danger, but underestimated the severity of the danger. He only left his mobile phone with his fiance. Who called the police after waiting several hours outside the consulate for him. Now Turkish authorities believe him to have been killed by a special Saudi execution squad that arrived just a bit earlier from Saudi Arabia. The Turks think his body was then chopped up and disposed off.

Best part of this? He was a close personal friend of Erdogan.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/erdogan-closely-case-saudi-critic-jamal-khashoggi-181007143237024.html

quote:

Erdogan told reporters on Sunday that authorities were looking into all video surveillance footage of the mission's entrances and monitoring all inbound and outbound flights since the writer disappeared on Tuesday.

"I am following the [issue] and we will inform the world whatever the outcome [of the official probe]", Erdogan said.

"God willing, we will not be faced with a situation we do not want. I still am hopeful," adding that "it is very, very upsetting for us that it happened in our country".

A leading critic of the Saudi government's reform programme under the stewardship of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), Khashoggi had been living in self-imposed exile in the US for over a year.

Al Jazeera's Jamal Elshayyal, reporting from Istanbul, said Turkish authorities are trying to walk a fine line so as not to damage relations between the two countries.

"There is an attempt by the Turkish government to try to find a way out of this whereby there isn't a full collapse of diplomatic relations, at least a temporary freeze between Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

"Because, if indeed, Turkish authorities can prove unequivocally that Saudi agents essentially murdered a journalist inside the consulate in Istanbul, it would require some sort of strong reaction."

"One of the political sources that Al Jazeera spoke to on Saturday said it was confident Turkey's reaction would be 'very strong'."

This is just nuts. But Trump and a lot of the foreign policy establishment in Washington is still embracing Mohammad bin Salman as someone who supposedly westernizes and liberalizes Saudi Arabia. And while he did allow women to drive cars for example, he was still busy jailing and executing any and all critics of his regime.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1048968569919348738

:thermidor:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My wife is probably one of the most non-violent pacifist hippie types I've met.

The amount of vitriol she's yelled about Collins in the last 24 hours is frankly a bit scary. Glad she and I get along well :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's because Collins betrayed both her country and her entire gender.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That's interesting. What I got out of it is that getting all rappey is no big deal and just something young rich white men do while in college.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

People think its no big deal till it happens to them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Torrannor posted:

The Khashoggi story is nuts. Highly regarded journalist who's often been critical of Bin Salman, especially in regards to his war in Yemen, he went to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to get a marriage certificate. He already suspected that he could be in danger, but underestimated the severity of the danger. He only left his mobile phone with his fiance. Who called the police after waiting several hours outside the consulate for him. Now Turkish authorities believe him to have been killed by a special Saudi execution squad that arrived just a bit earlier from Saudi Arabia. The Turks think his body was then chopped up and disposed off.

Best part of this? He was a close personal friend of Erdogan.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/erdogan-closely-case-saudi-critic-jamal-khashoggi-181007143237024.html

This is just nuts. But Trump and a lot of the foreign policy establishment in Washington is still embracing Mohammad bin Salman as someone who supposedly westernizes and liberalizes Saudi Arabia. And while he did allow women to drive cars for example, he was still busy jailing and executing any and all critics of his regime.

We all know nothing will happen because if 9/11 didn't change Saudi/anyone relations in a meaningful way, one dead reporter sure as hell won't.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The best part about Kavanaugh is all the blowhards, male and female saying exactly what they would do if this assault occurred. It's almost like we don't acknowledge what traumatic situations actually do to people or that we're basically running a seventeen year+ case study on it and the results aren't good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Y’all really think the UFC is gonna drop their honeypots lmao

I’m not saying the fight itself was scripted WWE, but the aftermath. Scripted? Maybe not, but they want that poo poo to happen. Look at us now sitting here talking about it and people dissecting who swung first and really started it etc etc

Joke’s on us I guess

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I still dont know what caused the beef to begin with. I saw the weigh in was fiesty too

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The best part about Kavanaugh is all the blowhards, male and female saying exactly what they would do if this assault occurred. It's almost like we don't acknowledge what traumatic situations actually do to people or that we're basically running a seventeen year+ case study on it and the results aren't good.

They're the same people posting on the FB feed for every local news story about how they'd do it right.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nick Soapdish posted:

They're the same people posting on the FB feed for every local news story about how they'd do it right.

It's armchair badassery taken to another yet similar conclusion, that's all. Ask them what they'd do in a mass shooter situation and I guarantee you'll hear some John Wick poo poo.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Mr. Nice! posted:

McGregor has had a lot of violent outbursts before such as him and his gang of hooligans (including Danis) corralling Khabib and a bunch of other fighters before smashing the van they were in with a furniture dolly. Two fighters were removed from the card for that incident.

Conor go hosed up bad and it was awesome.

Due to injury, unsure if they’ve fought since. It also gave Thug Rose PTSD-related issues that AFAIK she’s still dealing with 6 months later.

Basically Conner hosed up big time and deserved to be put in time out for a year+ instead we get LOL UFC.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

When did the UFC become the WWE

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

When did the UFC become the WWE

November 1993

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I’d say UFC 2 solely because Ken Shamrock was a showman and not a freak like the members of UFC1.

As to what started it, Connor was Connor and talked a lot of poo poo over the last few months, threw a furniture dolly at a bus Khabib was in a few months ago, insulted the man’s family and ethnicity/religion. Connors BJJ coach was taunting Khabib throughout the match (you can see he look over to Connor’s corner a few times) and after Khabib submitted Connor the BJJ coach reportedly slung another slur his way and well don’t gently caress with a dude who used to wrestle bears...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sticks & stones and all that

All part of the show imo

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Collins doesn't think Bart was Ford's attacker. The ads just write themselves.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

The message from some Republicans seems to be believe women, but only the parts of what they say that is convenient.

In other news water is wet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

:killing:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's armchair badassery taken to another yet similar conclusion, that's all. Ask them what they'd do in a mass shooter situation and I guarantee you'll hear some John Wick poo poo.

I don't know if it's like this for the rest of Gip, but my circle of friends think because I shoot guns and used to be security and ~the army~ that I have some hot shot tips for active shooter or a mugging or something.

I'm usually like, "loving run faster than other people and hide; hope I don't get shot."

Which is admittedly shameful sounding, but it's the highest chance of living. I do usually admit that I know what getting shot at sounds like and describe that, because it's something people haven't heard and think that they'll recognize.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh wow I had to look this up earlier today (yesterday?).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:hai:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1049102423548153856?s=20

:toot:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't know if it's like this for the rest of Gip, but my circle of friends think because I shoot guns and used to be security and ~the army~ that I have some hot shot tips for active shooter or a mugging or something.

I'm usually like, "loving run faster than other people and hide; hope I don't get shot."

Which is admittedly shameful sounding, but it's the highest chance of living. I do usually admit that I know what getting shot at sounds like and describe that, because it's something people haven't heard and think that they'll recognize.

No, I had a professor call me out for being a vet and asked me in front of the class what we should do. I basically told them the same thing, run.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:rip:

The universe is vast. Somebody more intelligent will fill it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

:rip:

The universe is vast. Somebody more intelligent will fill it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Guess its good I cant read the article. Title is enough to make me scared.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Considering human extinction is a complete metaphysical horror to gaze into until you realize we are just some lucky dumb apes that the civilized galaxy never found. We don't have a duty to bear forth sapience.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EBB posted:

Considering human extinction is a complete metaphysical horror to gaze into until you realize we are just some lucky dumb apes that the civilized galaxy never found. We don't have a duty to bear forth sapience.

Not something I look forward to explaining to my kids :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
pretty sure the civilized galaxy found us and noped away while doing alien lols

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

T Swizzle is backing Democrats in the Tennessee races, doubling down on her feud with Kanye.

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject....emocrats-in?amp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

EBB posted:

Eh, 100% extinction probably won't happen. Some small portion will survive. Probably only the grand kids of the current financial and political elite who can afford to seal themselves away in hab-domes or whatever because life is cruel and uncaring and the people who caused the problem will let everyone else get punished for it. We'll be the footnote in the Star Trek future of "god loving drat those people were stupid and ruined everything the planet had at the time"

• Locked thread