Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
But now where will people go to stream Radar Secret Service?

How will people learn about the power of RADAR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Cemetry Gator posted:

But now where will people go to stream Radar Secret Service?

How will people learn about the power of RADAR?

Will RADAR save our dying marriage?!?!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If only there were some global depository of video where I could find MST3K episodes to watch at my convenience, say on a Smart TV, Snart Phone or Smart Refregerator.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Volume IX comes back into print on January 15th.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Jet Jaguar posted:

Will RADAR save our dying marriage?!?!

RADAR can't look into their hearts, sir.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

remusclaw posted:

I love Rifftrax, but I always feel like it is missing something important.

And that something is puppets and skits.

brocked posted:

And silhouettes

Yeah, the format of MST3K actually lends it an air of spontaneity (illusory as it is) that Rifftrax can't touch, hence, it feels different. That's actually why my favorite Rifftrax release, painful as it is to watch, is Fun in Balloonland, because the utter insanity of the movie is so easy to get taken aback by even on your hundredth watch—so the guys constantly seem like they're reacting to the movie as opposed to firing off prepared jokes.

But I'm getting off track.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of RiffTrax, Mike and RT writer Conor Lastowka did a podcast called '372 Pages We'll Never Get Back' where they dissect Ready Player One chapter by chapter. (Spoiler: They're not fans.) They finally finished up with an episode focusing on the flick. It's well worth a listen.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of RiffTrax, Mike and RT writer Conor Lastowka did a podcast called '372 Pages We'll Never Get Back' where they dissect Ready Player One chapter by chapter. (Spoiler: They're not fans.) They finally finished up with an episode focusing on the flick. It's well worth a listen.

"Season 2" featured Armada IIRC. Or they planned it or something. I still have that podcast in my queue and haven't fired it up yet.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
With Pluto, when a commerical comes on just the channel, than turn it right back to the one you were watching and it will skip the commerciasls

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

"Season 2" featured Armada IIRC. Or they planned it or something. I still have that podcast in my queue and haven't fired it up yet.

Their next full book is going to be the legendary The Eye of Argon by Jim Theis.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I almost forgot that the live show in Boston is tomorrow, and that I am going to it. Whee!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dawgstar posted:

Their next full book is going to be the legendary The Eye of Argon by Jim Theis.

If you want to torture yourself...

https://ansible.uk/misc/eyeargon-intro.html

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I almost forgot that the live show in Boston is tomorrow, and that I am going to it. Whee!

Next month for me and I'm super excited! The Brain/Deathstalker 2? or Both?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Next month for me and I'm super excited! The Brain/Deathstalker 2? or Both?

The Brain (not for any movie preference, my wife just works Thursday nights and we're not ready for a babysitter yet).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Revisiting The Creeping Terror. The movie is the hottest of garbage but what I really enjoy is the first sketch where Dr. Forrester runs an experiment that shows no matter the person they'll become insufferably pretentious if they hang out in a coffee shop. What makes it really funny on a personal level is the first time a buddy and I saw it we went to a local bookstore right after and sure enough there was a live poetry reading.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Live show was good, but last year's was definitely better. It was good to see Joel in the old jumpsuit again, though. For some reason, Grant's Crow voice sounded like Rebecca to me. They could totally have a woman do Crow the next time they're casting him. I think they were a little cranky because the fire Marshall wouldn't let them use a smoke machine.

The Brain is prime MST3K material, lots of running up and down the same staircase.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bicyclops posted:

Live show was good, but last year's was definitely better. It was good to see Joel in the old jumpsuit again, though. For some reason, Grant's Crow voice sounded like Rebecca to me. They could totally have a woman do Crow the next time they're casting him. I think they were a little cranky because the fire Marshall wouldn't let them use a smoke machine.

The Brain is prime MST3K material, lots of running up and down the same staircase.

I was there as well! Wonder if they will have it on the show this year.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

CREEPER CREEPER YOU GIVE ME THE CREEPS

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

I was there as well! Wonder if they will have it on the show this year.

It was a fun show! I don't really know what was going on with the "guest star" from season 12? I didn't recognize her. I think a summary is that the sketches weren't really great, but the riffs were great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bicyclops posted:

It was a fun show! I don't really know what was going on with the "guest star" from season 12? I didn't recognize her. I think a summary is that the sketches weren't really great, but the riffs were great.

The guest star seems to be someone that they are going to have in season 12. I also went Thursday and it was also a blast. It was a completely different vibe

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

CREEPER CREEPER YOU GIVE ME THE CREEPS

"Dear GOD I HATE you! I hope you DIE!!!"

*sounds of Mike laughing uncontrollably*

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Bicyclops posted:

I think a summary is that the sketches weren't really great, but the riffs were great.

Just saw them in DC and can agree. Actual riffing of The Brain was hilarious, but everything about the sketch segments felt forced and awkward and it was really for the best when they ended. The whole thing with the game... didn't work.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Dear GOD I HATE you! I hope you DIE!!!"

*sounds of Mike laughing uncontrollably*

"'God is dead?' GOOD!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

"'God is dead?' GOOD!"

Why did you hire me if you hate me so? :sigh:

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
Not an official announcement, but the British Board of Film Classification has a list of the first 6 episodes of Season 12.
(Are there only six this time?)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SaintFu posted:

Not an official announcement, but the British Board of Film Classification has a list of the first 6 episodes of Season 12.

There's only five there (unless I missing something?)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Davros1 posted:

There's only five there (unless I missing something?)

One of them though is one hell of a cracker. And speaks to them having more resources.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

SaintFu posted:

Oh my God. I have seen every one of them, three of them in the theater when they were released.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

SaintFu posted:

As noted above, I'm only seeing five, but oh man - I've seen four of these and I'm excited to see how they handle them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Oh my God. I have seen every one of them, three of them in the theater when they were released.

I'm terrified at which 3 it could possibly be.

(you can answer with the experiment numbers)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I knew when Shout released a special edition of Mac and Me that it was gonna be an episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Holy poo poo, that list. Mac & Me is one thing, but I really want to see what they do with Ator, a movie about one man's unrelenting quest to gently caress his sister.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's fitting but still strange to see a 2013 Asylum Film on there.

I assume "The Gauntlet" is the subtitle for this season the way "The Return" was for S11? At first I thought they were doing that Eastwood film.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

Holy poo poo, that list. Mac & Me is one thing, but I really want to see what they do with Ator, a movie about one man's unrelenting quest to gently caress his sister.

It's the first CAVE DWELLERS film, right?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Davros1 posted:

Yes, I believe so. Also, I must emphasize, I am not exaggerating: The hero's call to action is his sister, whom he has always wanted to gently caress, getting kidnapped. He finds out the day before she is nabbed that he was adopted so he gets his parents' blessing to get together. It is a wild flick.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 13, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I knew when Shout released a special edition of Mac and Me that it was gonna be an episode.

Mmm... I think I would have preferred Nukie instead.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Davros1 posted:

Is it the same one Rifftrax did?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Davros1 posted:

I'm terrified at which 3 it could possibly be.

(you can answer with the experiment numbers)

..............Mac and Me
.....Lords of the Deep
The Day Time Ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Saw both versions of the live show today. Both are great and feel different enough. There was an improvised Q&A session with Tom and Crow where someone asked about why they're on the SOL after crashing to Earth with Mike. Tom blamed it on a bunch of bad investments and that Crow made the exact same bad investments after Tom implicitly warned him not to.

They revealed that in Season 12, Cynthia takes a pill that makes her intelligent. Also, there's a new character who is the Jane Goodall of B-movie monsters. She showed up on both shows.

I kept having to assure myself that the hero in Deathstalker II was most definitely not Greg Sestero.