Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheHock posted:

I couldn't say for a fact, but I thought Rhea did a really nice job of covering for it while Kaci got her bearings back.

Yeah they both made it feel like a natural trying again than a robotic rewind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Hana out of Stardom completely? Also..was Toni Storm's departure from Stardom on good terms? I know she was kinda mad and yelled at the fans, I think...but was that a work?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Hana was just announced for Stardom's tag team tournament, which would mean that she'll be there for at least another two months. That doesn't mean that she's going to stay, she's definitely working on making her profile outside of Stardom higher this year, but I'd guess that she'll continue to make appearances there, even sporadically, unless she signs with WWE next year.

As far as I know, Toni is still on fine terms with Stardom, but good luck finding a gap in her schedule long enough for her to do a real tour there. Plus, it would be in everybody's best interest to let that situation cool down anyway. Though, like Hana, there's a very good chance that Toni could end up with a full time WWE contract early next year anyway.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Is Hana out of Stardom completely? Also..was Toni Storm's departure from Stardom on good terms? I know she was kinda mad and yelled at the fans, I think...but was that a work?

Not sure about Toni's situation with STARDOM. Things got messy near the end of her run due to her red belt title run being poorly received by fans online and in attendance.

As for Hana, she'll likely be sticking around for awhile unless WWE picks her up next year when her Wrestle-1 contract expires. And considering she has the looks and charisma that WWE seems to love (along with knowing some English at least), I wouldn't rule out her being picked up next year either for another MYC or just in general. I dunno her exact stance on WWE, but she apparently attended the house shows whenever she could when they were in Japan. The only other STARDOM talents who did so were Hazuki and Sumire Natsu. Hazuki has gone as far to admit that she grew up watching WWE almost exclusively (which spells to me that she's angling for a WWE contract).

To be honest, there's a small list of talent in STARDOM I imagine that WWE is keeping a very close eye on (Momo and Hana at the very least). Not to mention Kairi (and probably eventually Io) seem pretty instrumental in providing suggestions to WWE on who to look at.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 6, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

We don't know what the terms of her contracts right? We shouldn't but I'm curious how much longer she has with both companies before WWE could snap her up.

No....not HZK yet...this is the worst speculative news to read at this moment.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

We don't know what the terms of her contracts right? We shouldn't but I'm curious how much longer she has with both companies before WWE could snap her up.

No....not HZK yet...this is the worst speculative news to read at this moment.

Hazuki seems like someone I don't think WWE is terribly interested in signing, to be honest. And Hana's Wrestle-1 contract is up early next year. She isn't signed to any other promotion as she's a freelancer otherwise. As for the STARDOM contracts in general, they are a year to year thing, apparently.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Hazuki seems like someone I don't think WWE is terribly interested in signing, to be honest. And Hana's Wrestle-1 contract is up early next year. She isn't signed to any other promotion as she's a freelancer otherwise. As for the STARDOM contracts in general, they are a year to year thing, apparently.

Is...that contract information general/common knowledge?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Is...that contract information general/common knowledge?

Dave talked about Hana's W-1 contract in a previous newsletter, if I recall. Because she's like...one of two women actually signed to the company. As for the STARDOM contracts, apparently its speculation, but it sorta makes sense, because a lot of the smaller Japanese promotions from what I notice is they let people freelance, or sign them to 1 year contracts. NJPW is the exception because they are a major promotion and can afford long term contracts.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 6, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Hazuki does not wrestle like someone who draws their inspiration from WWE.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Konami was trained by Kana/Asuka herself so I imagine she might be a future MYC candidate, but I don’t know how far she’d get if she even wanted to go that route. I know personally that Hazuki speaks a bit of English (at least more than Kagetsu can, considering how she was trying to teach Kagetsu how to spell “welcome” on my autograph) so if she can work at a higher level someday she could get noticed. Hana’s really the only one I’m sure has a future in the WWE if she wants it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Got caught up on the Mae Young Classic, some good stuff in the final Round 1 episode and the first Round 2 episode.

Lacey Lane's hair is a disaster waiting to happen in-ring though, and Taynara Conti is going to dramatically shorten her tongue if she keeps sticking it out like that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Toni was already picked up by WWE? Isn't she the NXT UK champ or something?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

I thought Toni was already picked up by WWE? Isn't she the NXT UK champ or something?

No, Rhea Ripley is.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Toni hasn't signed a full time deal (only a UK deal), which is why I'm hesitant she'll find much success on the main NXT brand until she does. While I wouldn't be shocked if she somehow wins the MYC this year, I also can't rule out her being knocked out of the tournament sometime in the next few rounds unless she signs a full time deal. Because I can't see them crowning someone from NXT UK the winner of the MYC considering they have yet to air any footage of the show,.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I've never seen lacey evans work before and man she loving sucks

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 6, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Toni hasn't signed a full time deal (only a UK deal), which is why I'm hesitant she'll find much success on the main NXT brand until she does. While I wouldn't be shocked if she somehow wins the MYC this year, I also can't rule out her being knocked out of the tournament sometime in the next few rounds unless she signs a full time deal. Because I can't see them crowning someone from NXT UK the winner of the MYC considering they have yet to air any footage of the show,.

oh sorry, I assumed the NXT UK stuff was already up.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've never seen lacey evans work before and man she loving sucks
She's too busy cultivating her lovely early 90's WWF gimmick.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A reminder that Kacy owns

https://twitter.com/KacyCatanzaro/status/1048308644553613314

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shes fine

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kacy is so tiny. :3:

Catching up on the MYC and it's really enjoyable.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxTl9eq7vPA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why are they slumming with the discount shop MRT?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more importantly, is Momo Watanabe 18 or 20 because that's definitely beer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BorTXfNg5CV/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=162rrlui7qsrh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's 18. She graduated high school just before she beat Io.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

more importantly, is Momo Watanabe 18 or 20 because that's definitely beer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BorTXfNg5CV/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=162rrlui7qsrh

Yeah about that. She's 18, but Japan as a society really doesn't give a poo poo about underage drinking apparently. And they don't try and enforce it either.

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/underage-drinking-in-japan/

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Trigger warning: Sam Roberts

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah about that. She's 18, but Japan as a society really doesn't give a poo poo about underage drinking apparently. And they don't try and enforce it either.

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/underage-drinking-in-japan/

The weirdest part of being 17/18 in America was realizing that people REALLY care about underage drinking. 90% of the other exchange students thought the same.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a nice dark cream soda or root beer

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

There are beer vending machines outside liquor stores, the age checks are cursory (kinda like those “Are you 18?!” links at websites, but instead at 24 hour convenience stores), and you can buy shochu and whisky by the gallon everywhere. If you want to underage drink in Japan, it’s not hard.

Now if you’re the adult who gave them that beverage, the story changes somewhat.

That said, Cavauro’s actually maybe right? It looks like a frothy cola.

Auritech fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 8, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

that could be butterbeer from Harry Potter ....which might still be beer.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

It's this

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

TV Zombie posted:

That’s probably it because USJ has a huge attraction in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Did not make the connection at first because I don’t think about Harry Potter anything at all, but that sounds correct.

Most Japanese people also don’t drink stouts or Newcastle Brown Ale or any beer that’s not yellow unless a foreigner is putting them up to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a nice butterbeer from Universal studios' harry potter. It's made out of nonalcoholic beer and fake popcorn butter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh good. So Momo's gonna get sugar wasted and vomit in the teacups.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Trigger warning: Sam Roberts
Documentary of the Year: Sam Roberts "The Least Professional Broadcaster"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ROSSY IS TRYING TO PULL A NAITO ON KAGETSU

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1049610455264546816?s=19

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Kagetsu and the whole oedo tai schtick of being that group of gothy high school troublemakers that the gym teacher always hates dealing with is the best. They're already Ingobernable, what are you doing Rossy???

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rossy has a six figure bar tab that needs paying down. Please buy merch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Update on Ito's election campaign.

https://twitter.com/Heerokun01/status/1049980329337937920?s=19

Takanashi is gaining ground. It's 2016 all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BrianFritz/status/1050024228764958725