Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Brought To You By posted:

So I was confused because I remembered early on they made a big deal about Evankhall being the kind of person to stomp out F.U.G activities which is why Coffee waited until she was off the floor to pull any shenanigans. Now it looks like Evankhall is just 100% down for the cause? Did I forget something in the weeks since we last saw them?

Evankhell is very much pro... tower? And the Administrator of the floor sent them there so Evankhell is like... well must want me to do something? And then an opportunity to hit people showed up and Evankhell likes hitting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
evankhell also reappeared right as they were about to execute yu han sung which he was unhappy about. there wasn't much time before that and the administrator appearing

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Brought To You By posted:

So I was confused because I remembered early on they made a big deal about Evankhall being the kind of person to stomp out F.U.G activities which is why Coffee waited until she was off the floor to pull any shenanigans. Now it looks like Evankhall is just 100% down for the cause? Did I forget something in the weeks since we last saw them?

She is surprisingly okay with old man Karaka and FUG.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Now only the lollipop dude needs to drop from his ship and this battle royale can start in full!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I really wonder how baam is going to get out of this one. Really shaping up to be "escapes in the absolutely massive cluster gently caress of a fight that breaks out"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Shugojin posted:

I really wonder how baam is going to get out of this one. Really shaping up to be "escapes in the absolutely massive cluster gently caress of a fight that breaks out"

Maybe Baam acquired the ability to absorb spells as well, so just before the big battle starts he'll ask why they won't leave him and his friends alone and everyone will sprout question marks and die.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It would be cool if spells got some more explanation even if it's just a blog post

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Evankhell is very much pro... tower? And the Administrator of the floor sent them there so Evankhell is like... well must want me to do something? And then an opportunity to hit people showed up and Evankhell likes hitting people.

See my thought is that Evankhell still hasn't realized what is going on as she showed up late so maybe she hasn't realized Hansung is FUG, but then we show up right next to Karaka's heart and.

Hypocrisy posted:

She is surprisingly okay with old man Karaka and FUG.
Is where I get confused. because you would think someone who is pro-tower would take the chance to kill Karaka and make it stick. Instead she's just kind of standing there wondering what the administrator wanted and chatting it up with a FUG slayers minion. It works because we can assume the administrator wanted them to then get portaled from here to the hell train station, but that then goes back to the question of what kind of game the administrators are playing.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
I'm pretty sure you don't get the "power of the ancients" who Jahad cursed by being pro-Jahad.

She also became ruler of the 2nd Floor by murdering the old ruler, who was a member of one of the 10 families.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 9, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the administrators, but particularly headon, are unhappy that Jahad stopped climbing the tower

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah I have gotten the feeling that the Tower itself has become annoyed with Jahad's extreme stagnation

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
*slaps Baam" this boy can fit so many powers in him

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
SIU's large scale battles aren't terribly fun to read week-to-week.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-324/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=405

Some good Evankhell this week, plus berserker mode... Miseng?!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Evankhell busting out the pass/fail AOE like a proper raid boss. You ain't up to it? Full party wipe right there before the show even starts.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-326/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=407
Evankhell's berserk timer seems to be rather short.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
To talk about the previous episode, does Baam know prince is dead? I feel like they were hiding that fact from him. But at the same time, it's been a month or so?

And Kallavan, he is the highest ranking guy here so far right?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Tipme posted:

To talk about the previous episode, does Baam know prince is dead? I feel like they were hiding that fact from him. But at the same time, it's been a month or so?

And Kallavan, he is the highest ranking guy here so far right?

Kallavan is a Top 100 High Ranker, so is Evan Edrock and Ha Jinsung (and maybe White if he fully recovers?). Evankhell is the only one with a specific number right now, so we can't say for sure.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tipme posted:

I don't think so, no. I think someone specifically mentioned how they know he'll flip his poo poo if he finds out (and almost certainly murder Rachel).

edit: same with spear dude I think?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Evankhell is cool

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Evankhell is very cool. I love how big a mythically scary a figure they were built up to be and now they're living up to it. It makes sense that his battle crazed monster decided to go to arguably the most important floor in the tower, the one all the regulars first show up on, and take it over because of course a bunch of influential and powerful people would fight them to try to reign over it.

Also this is the first time Jinsung has lit a cigarette since he talked to Wangnan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's been interesting what they've done with Hansung Yu's character. In general, the hidden floor is one of those ideas that sounds kinda goofy on paper but somehow ended up being a really great idea. In general Tower of God is really good about constantly shaking things up despite having the popularity that it doesn't really need to (it kinda shares this with Hunter x Hunter).

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

It's been interesting what they've done with Hansung Yu's character. In general, the hidden floor is one of those ideas that sounds kinda goofy on paper but somehow ended up being a really great idea. In general Tower of God is really good about constantly shaking things up despite having the popularity that it doesn't really need to (it kinda shares this with Hunter x Hunter).

It's a series entirely built on its world building so the goofy aside places need to work. Thankfully SIU is pretty good at it, though we have had a couple stinker arcs.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It's a series entirely built on its world building so the goofy aside places need to work. Thankfully SIU is pretty good at it, though we have had a couple stinker arcs.

The aside places are actually a part of the key themes of the story. Each one is this little fiefdom where someone and their lackeys have set themselves up as rulers, but are ultimately empty despite being envied by everyone trapped below them.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

The aside places are actually a part of the key themes of the story. Each one is this little fiefdom where someone and their lackeys have set themselves up as rulers, but are ultimately empty despite being envied by everyone trapped below them.

Yeah but sometimes you get the Hell Train waiting station and it's just boring for half a year.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah but sometimes you get the Hell Train waiting station and it's just boring for half a year.

I can't believe we're just getting off the Hell Train now, like two years later.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I can't believe we're just getting off the Hell Train now, like two years later.

More like 3.5 years since they boarded the train, and 4.5 years since the first chapter with "Hell Train" in the title. Yesterday's chapter was #406, and the first Hell Train chapter was #196.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

To be fair, the hell train involved traveling a bunch of floors.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

Yeah but the Hell Train has been awesome and, aside from the time skip, actually is the fastest the crew has ever climbed the tower.

I can forgive a slow progression if it's enjoyable. FoD, the fight vs White, NHS and the hidden floor were all really good so Hell Train gets a thumbs up from me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When Tower of God shines is, as others have said, the worldbuilding, but also when it's less big battles and more puzzle competitions where the characters have to use their powers to compete against each other for some prize or goal or whatnot. This is generally true of most of the action manhwa I've seen from Webtoons, and ToG doesn't escape it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

It did wonders in getting me to warm up to Hansung given how much I've disliked the character prior to meeting the virtual copy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The one thing that bugs me about the Hidden Floor digital copies is how they're seemingly both copies and incapable of becoming stronger and mentally capable of spending an eternity loving around eating grapes. Like, it seems like you'd need to modify their personalities or something in order to make them okay with that, and that they'd also be able to make some sort of progress in strength, etc.

Gologle posted:

When Tower of God shines is, as others have said, the worldbuilding, but also when it's less big battles and more puzzle competitions where the characters have to use their powers to compete against each other for some prize or goal or whatnot. This is generally true of most of the action manhwa I've seen from Webtoons, and ToG doesn't escape it.

The thing I like about Hell Train is that it shakes up the reader's expectations that people would just keep climbing floors and taking tests or whatever. Sorta like HxH, it inserts a bunch of random new characters and up-ends the basic context in which events are taking place (first with the Floor of Death, and then with the Hidden Floor).

It's also not fair to act like the Hell Train content has been exceedingly long, since it's basically included a bunch of independent arcs (like the aforementioned Floor of Death and Hidden Floor). Not to mention the fact that the Hidden Floor conclusion has majorly shaken things up (I feel like Jahad becoming aware of Baam's existence in the Tower is a major turning point)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I like how theres a ton of weird poo poo going on in the tower that nobody really knows about because its so loving big

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-327/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=408

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Rak's position on alligator-based avatars.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
New chapter link!

Holy crap that cliffhanger. Baam has the Black March again!!! It's been such a long time, I can't wait to see how it's going to interact with all of his new powers. Especially if he ignites it.

These last few chapters have been bonkers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Let out a genuine, audible gasp at the end of that chapter.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Wait I'm so confused. Did Yuri have it, and it came to Bam? Or it just appeared out of nowhere?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she's got some sort of teleporting shinsu skill that she's already used during this fight. Its whats going on here

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Can't wait for Bam's next fight where he starts to use all the shinsu skills he's absorbing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally, Black March is reunited with her love interest.