Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't really like the taste of avocado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Why live, then?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like avacado but I developed an allergy to it some years ago. My body rejects being millennial.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Nice, price?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Nice, price?

Probably the same as the PC version

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guacamelee was a fantastic game!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus Christ I have Guaca 2 on PS4 and haven’t played a ton. I may just get it on Switch. That sounds awesome if it runs well.

Anyone seen any good/deep previews (or reviews at this point) of Mark of the Ninja?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a remaster of an old game that was absolutely fantastic for its era so not sure what reviews you need?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Mark of the Ninja, you play a member of an ancient ninja clan named Mark, you must stealth around your friend who is trying to involve you in a bad movie. If you get caught he'll shout "Oh hai Mark!"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Feenix posted:

Jesus Christ I have Guaca 2 on PS4 and haven’t played a ton. I may just get it on Switch. That sounds awesome if it runs well.

Anyone seen any good/deep previews (or reviews at this point) of Mark of the Ninja?

it was released like 7 or so years ago so all the reviews you'd need have been done but bottom line is it had unanimous acclaim and it owns, it's one of very few games along with like ResEvil 4 or Chrono Trigger I'd say are on my "almost flawless" list. Maybe I'm just biased but MotN just loving owns

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

Its a remaster of an old game that was absolutely fantastic for its era so not sure what reviews you need?
Knowing how it performs on the Switch (especially in portable mode) would be good information to have on-top of existing reviews from other platforms.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Barudak posted:

What’s new, if anything? Does it run well? Does it work well on Switch with the handheld controls? Does it look good?

I can think of a lot of things I’d like to know...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Mark of the Ninja, you play a member of an ancient ninja clan named Mark, you must stealth around your friend who is trying to involve you in a bad movie. If you get caught he'll shout "Oh hai Mark!"

Go you your Room

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'd be extremely surprised if Mark of the Ninja doesn't run well on Switch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MZ posted:

I'd be extremely surprised if Mark of the Ninja doesn't run well on Switch.

I would too. But we've been surprised in the past. I was just curious if anyone had written ANYTHING analytical or revealing about the Switch version yet. LIke, The only 2 pieces of info I've found online was an announcement from early 2018 that it exists, and something from 12 days ago that it had a release date.

I don't know if it's got DLC, some complete version. The original barebones version. Etc. I was just curious, as it is out tomorrow, if anyone had found anyone writing, journaling, or blogging about it. :)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the Remastered version contains all the DLC stuff i.e. the additional ninja style, extra mission, and 2 new items. Not really much but the new style is primarily non-lethal so it does switch up your tactics.

I'll be getting this day 1 so if there's any irregularities about the port I'll post them tomorrow.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I painstakingly beat The Messenger last night. I clocked in at 15 hours, which right at where Main + Extras is on HowLongToBeat.

Man... Really good game when it was just straight forward Ninja Gaiden style gameplay. Then it switched to the Metroidvania and got very boring. Back tracking through the levels that had zero difficulty was not fun. But the new levels you eventually unlocked were fun going through them one time.

There is zero difficulty in this game. The enemies all take one hit to defeat, except for that one that takes 3 hits (which can be defeated with one charged hit). And the variety in enemies is basically limited to like a dozen that just repeat. The game is so easy it gets to the point where you can just rush through it, take damage, you get to a save point and if you die whatever, save points are so close it doesn't matter. I had so much of that currency left that it didn't matter that the dude followed me around and took the new currency. I think I ended the game with 5,000 of it banked up with nothing to spend it on.

I was hyped for it, but have to say I do not recommend it. I beat it because I have OCD for beating games I have purchased. But I even gave up on getting those hidden green ninja icon things when I read how lame the reward was. I think by the the point you actually would get it the game would be over anywhere, and why would you want to replay this game at all once you beat it is beyond me. The final boss was a joke and beat them in my 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

there's literally zero reason to live on this planet if you don't like avocado

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Better not button labels than wrong labels for a kid. I'd slap my dad if he gave me a controller and said the the a button isn't actually A.

Ignite Memories posted:

They should design ambigrams for Y/X, X/A, A/B and B/Y, this would surely solve everyone's problems

Games playable with a sideways joycon already show button position instead of button label.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Don't put those controllers in the gyro, it won't taste as good and you might chip a tooth.

But it helps cut some of the taste from all the cartridges I put in the gyro!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
People were right, the switch thread does have the worst posters.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Astro7x posted:

I painstakingly beat The Messenger last night.

There is zero difficulty in this game. ... But I even gave up on getting those hidden green ninja icon things
I beat it two days ago, with all of the green power seals collected, and I loved all of it except for one boss (the escape sequence after getting the far-future note) that was needlessly frustrating. Navigating the challenge rooms to get the power seals is where the game's actual difficulty is. I do agree that the reward is underwhelming, despite it being actually really good, because it's a classic case of them giving you a useful item only when you had to have already finished nearly everything it would have been useful for.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So how do the multi-Switch tablet mini games in Super Mario Party? I'm assuming both Switches need a copy of the game?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Unfortunately. Nintendo loves to bake these cool modes that almost no one will ever get to actually try. They really should have a download play app for games like this

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Peewi posted:

Games playable with a sideways joycon already show button position instead of button label.

When you're playing with somebody and they ask you what button it is, what do you say? I say 'right button' or sometimes 'circle' but it always feels clunky.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Polo-Rican posted:

there's literally zero reason to live on this planet if you don't like Breath of the Wild

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

T-Square posted:

So how do the multi-Switch tablet mini games in Super Mario Party? I'm assuming both Switches need a copy of the game?

Posted earlier, but relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hETCPgzeOtM

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Peewi posted:

Little kids learn A and B before left and right

They should have just color coded the buttons like the SFC or N64 or GCN

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AdmiralViscen posted:

Little kids learn A and B before left and right

They should have just color coded the buttons like the SFC or N64 or GCN
What? It's a literal picture. You don't even have to look down at your controller and read any labels/colors.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Ignite Memories posted:

When you're playing with somebody and they ask you what button it is, what do you say? I say 'right button' or sometimes 'circle' but it always feels clunky.

North / South / East / West

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

T-Square posted:

I'll let you know in *checks watch* about two and a half months

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

there's literally zero reason to live on this planet if you don't like avocado

How terrible it must be for that person to never be able to eat toast

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Avocado doesn't even taste of anything

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The fat/oil in avocado makes it good for enriching the flavor of whatever it's paired with. There's probably a term for that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The oil in avocado makes it good for enriching the flavor of whatever it's paired with. There's probably a term for that.

If ever in doubt, just say ‘UMAMI’ really confidently and with dramatic pronunciation.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Avocado doesn't even taste of anything

Turn your tastebuds on.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao I just got Runelord in Octopath Traveler. That is some busted poo poo. For the price of 1 standard attack, I can knock down two weaknesses toward a break and do an extra 10,000 damage. I also have a 50% chance of doing it twice with the second serving passive!

Unlocking it was a fun fight at level 48.

Guess I better go and get the other elite sub classes now.

I'll need more job system games when I beat it. Bravely Default Third when?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

American McGay posted:

What? It's a literal picture. You don't even have to look down at your controller and read any labels/colors.

To be fair here... SMP switches a ton with how you hold the controller. I'll often look over and see my 4 year old holding the controller the wrong way after they switch play styles. Now yeah, she is 4 years old and will learn it over time, but it's not exactly intuitive like it is for any other controller. We generally have no issues when playing games in Mario Party Top 100 because you just hold the controller the same way the whole time.

But as a gaming dad, I consider it a win that she wanted to play a few mini games this morning before we left for pre-school/work.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've never owned a mario party game but I'm considering springing for that bundle with the green and pink joycons when it comes out, it seems quite well pitched at people who were hemming and hawing about getting a couple of new joycons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nintendo Switch: Now with Avocado