Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I'm surprised at the Marrakesh hate. I like it - the contrast between this racuous North African marketplace and the sterile, air-conditioned consulate.

My lowest maps would be either Paris or Bangkok. They're too small and feel kinda samey. But then I guess Hokkaido is pretty small too and I love it. Maybe it's more the Bondian globetrotting aspect of certain destinations that feel more fun. I do think they absolutely nail the sense of place in all of the maps.

Unlucky7 posted:

I liked all the levels to some degree (Haven’t got around to Patient Zero yet though). Though truthfully I liked Marakesh more than Bangkok and Colorado.

The final level of Patient Zero is the best experience I've had playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't mind the consulate but the school layout and vibe just kinda sucks. Whereas the night market is really laid back and neat. One of my favorite ETs was there (Mr. Giggles).

freebooter posted:

My lowest maps would be either Paris or Bangkok. They're too small and feel kinda samey.

Paris small :wtc:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Marrakesh's problem is that the targets are miles apart and you have to go through an insanely convoluted process to get the two anywhere near each other. But it doesn't even matter cause the only one you have to put any effort into killing is Strandberg, the poison kill on Zaydan is ten seconds of work in the middle of the market if you just want to do Strandberg challenges.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dabir posted:

Marrakesh's problem is that the targets are miles apart and you have to go through an insanely convoluted process to get the two anywhere near each other. But it doesn't even matter cause the only one you have to put any effort into killing is Strandberg, the poison kill on Zaydan is ten seconds of work in the middle of the market if you just want to do Strandberg challenges.

I definitely do understand that but I did get a lot of fun kills between the two targets.

If we are going into gripes, I guess my problem with Bangkok is one that, really, every single level in this game has, writ large: Its a giant level but ultimately there are only 2 small places where you are going to spend most of your time.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 4, 2018

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Marrakesh would probably work a lot better if you kind of twisted the map to put the school and the consulate closer to each other and add a bit more connective tissue. Think of all the different ways there are to get between different areas in Sapienza and in Marrakesh you can walk a long ways above ground or a long ways below ground.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

What the hell, Bangkok is very good! Good size, great setting, tons of funny dialogue, good deaths.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bangkok sucks because you spend 90% of the mission in cross' wing of the hotel which is tiny, boring, and full of enforcers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Paris is great once you really know it because it's like swiss cheese, there's holes everywhere. You can visualize 10 different paths in your head to get from Point A to Point B.

Bangkok... is not that at all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bangkok has layout issues and some hard-to-pin-down detection/pathing/access inconsistencies where areas become lethal with no communication (this becomes infuriating with elusive targets). The relative isolation of either top suite is also an issue, and is a factor in why the map feels small. Worst, though, is that the drunk crew members in their various weird static animations are inconsistent in communicating detection area or rate.

Colorado has some extremely hard to pin down bugs involving a cyclic alert condition. They're probably related to the firing range, but no one can tell afaik.

I love Marrakesh. The greater size of the place, the ease of getting lost in the back alleys (until you know what you're doing), the really divergent feel of the school and the embassy...great stuff. I don't get the complaints about size and the unused areas at all, that describes every map.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sapienza is if anything the worst for unused areas, given in the story mission the mansion and the lab below are the only relevant areas, and the other missions have the opposite to the point where the mansion is literally inaccessible.

Paris is rather intimidating at first but it is indeed full of security holes and pretty good for teaching you to exploit them.

Hokkaido I think is loved because it presents a perfect challenge for the final mission of the game and just dares you to find holes in a truly ridiculous level of security. And you do, and make a complete mockery of the place, and feel awesome for it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I almost hope the Sapienza level gets the virus lab part gets taken out of the mandatory list of things to do. Love Sapienza but the fact that there are only 2 or 3 ways to get rid of the virus and you're always going to have to stop in there is a bit of a grumbling issue for me. I'd like it better if that area was optional and I didn't always have to get down there.

I'd still rank them as:

Sapienza
Paris
Hokkaido
Bangkok
Colorado
Marrakesh

I like them all and don't hate any of them though I do think Marrakesh is saved in part by the incredible moose kill. Echoing that it's a bit of a walk to get from the general kill to the embassy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do we know anything about how the 1 levels are gonna work in 2. does the save data transfer over too so our unlocks are preserved

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The latest patch had a big splash screen on start-up suggesting you register for an IOI Account, so I would guess it'll be tied to that somehow.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So for Landslide, can anyone give a clue on how to enable the boat escape route? Preferably a general location?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Unlucky7 posted:

So for Landslide, can anyone give a clue on how to enable the boat escape route? Preferably a general location?
Check the area around the photo shoot.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sorry, still can’t find anything relating to the drat boat. You can just go ahead and give away the exact location if you like.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Unlucky7 posted:

Sorry, still can’t find anything relating to the drat boat. You can just go ahead and give away the exact location if you like.

http://hitmanmaps.com/

Hm, that site is missing the last bonus mission map of Sapienza, so not much help :(

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'll not have room on my Xbox hard drive for both this and RDR2. Hitman will win out, push comes to shove. But Man, I'd really like to have both available on the fly.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Unlucky7 posted:

From where you start you're looking toward the photoshoot crowd and the wine store. On the far end of the crowd, near the wine store, there is a trash can. The boat keys are lying on the ground right near the trash can, slightly hidden by the crowd.

EDIT: Not the beach, the photo op spot in the square where Abiatti talks to the doctor.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

reference image:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Was this posted? 50min Colombia video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdoOILED9s

edit: or maybe don't because the youtuber is poo poo.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 9, 2018

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nakar posted:

From where you start you're looking toward the photoshoot crowd and the wine store. On the far end of the crowd, near the wine store, there is a trash can. The boat keys are lying on the ground right near the trash can, slightly hidden by the crowd.

EDIT: Not the beach, the photo op spot in the square where Abiatti talks to the doctor.

Yeah, found it. Thank you! Kind of a bullshit pixelhunt to be honest.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Slap a warning on that video that it's from Nick Robinson, thanks. I don't want to give that fucker views.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hokkaido I think is loved because it presents a perfect challenge for the final mission of the game and just dares you to find holes in a truly ridiculous level of security. And you do, and make a complete mockery of the place, and feel awesome for it.

When I eventually figured out how to do a ninja costume only silent assassin run, that was good poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fuego Fish posted:

Slap a warning on that video that it's from Nick Robinson, thanks. I don't want to give that fucker views.

Oh wow. I avoided it because I didn't want to see Hitman stuff yet. Now I'll extra avoid it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-hitman-2-10082018/2300-13644/

Here's some footage from elsewhere. Not had a chance to watch it myself yet but i'm sure it'll be incredibly competent.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Fuego Fish posted:

idk anything about this person, what've they done?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Discendo Vox posted:

idk anything about this person, what've they done?

Sexually abused and harassed multiple women, was fired from Polygon for it and seemingly is now the main Youtube focus for Hitman 2's marketing seeing as this is I think the second time he's gotten to debut gameplay of an area.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

njsykora posted:

Sexually abused and harassed multiple women, was fired from Polygon for it and seemingly is now the main Youtube focus for Hitman 2's marketing seeing as this is I think the second time he's gotten to debut gameplay of an area.

It's not just that he abused and harassed women it's that he hasn't learned from what he's done, and hasn't apologized for it. His public apology was more of a whinefest where he regrets being caught. He's a shitbag.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
To be specific: Since he was a journalist he had to talk to a lot of game publisher company reps through twitter and email, apparently he would just send all the female reps weird rear end creeper DMs and emails interspersed with the actual work emails. Since it's an implicit part of their jobs to not cause a stir this went on for years with it being an open secret on the game publishing side of the industry without the game journalism side knowing much of it. When it was found out his apology was roughly "I'm sorry these women interpreted my playful banter as sexual harassment, I guess I ignored the work dynamic and I should only send 'hey wanna suck my dick' to strangers or women I know personally."

Anyway inspired of them to hire a minor Blood Money target to market their new Hitman game, but I prefer the new Hitmans that seem to have a strange adoration for humanity over the "Everyone is a sex pervert criminal" Hitman of the past.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:stare: holy poo poo. Okay, thanks for the headsup. Has anyone tried reaching out to IOI about what a terrible influencer they're using, and that it's a really bad look given their history?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I've seen a few people call them out on Twitter and the response has basically been non-existent since he retained enough of a fanbase through being professionally linked with the McElroys for so long to become a fairly large Youtuber so they likely don't care.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wouldn't be a hitman game without a hilarious bad marketing campaign

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

StashAugustine posted:

Wouldn't be a hitman game without a hilarious bad marketing campaign

Bad? I'd say it is Beautifully Executed.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

Ugh. And I thought it was a good video, in comparison with other videos from journalists as they are *terrible* Hitman players.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Who are the McElroys? I'm actually kind of proud not to know who any of these scummy Z listers are :smug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The McElroys aren't scummy by any definition, they're just tangentially connected because one of them worked with Robinson and had a podcast with him as part of that.

You also probably shouldn't be proud of not knowing who they are. Have you been living in a cave? I jest, but they're kind of massive these days. They have like a billion podcasts.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The mcelroys are pretty popular. I think one of them has a Disney show now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Arist posted:

The McElroys aren't scummy by any definition, they're just tangentially connected because one of them worked with Robinson and had a podcast with him as part of that.

You also probably shouldn't be proud of not knowing who they are. Have you been living in a cave? I jest, but they're kind of massive these days. They have like a billion podcasts.

I don't listen to podcasts. What now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't listen to podcasts. What now.

And you don't even own a television :smuggo: