Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

julian assflange posted:

Seems that PSNow will actually allow you download games like Xbox Gamepass. About time Sony but thank you

It's just PS4 games (of which the good ones are old cheap games you probably already own) and the small handful of PS2-on-PS4 games that were already available for purchase; the PS3 library, which has all the good poo poo, is still locked behind streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Thank You Sony

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

Xbox is aggressively forcing Sony to do better and I'm glad for it. Here's hoping Sony gets off their asses with backwards compatibility as well for the PS1 and PS2 games on PSN.

Two comapnues making epic first party games about sad dads showing their transexual teenage children hoo to give Columbian neckties to a multiethnic cast of zombies. Looks like all brands can dab today, as well as floss.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Two comapnues making epic first party games about sad dads showing their transexual teenage children hoo to give Columbian neckties to a multiethnic cast of zombies. Looks like all brands can dab today, as well as floss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your move Sony

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

crash bandicoot invented dabbing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

"Guys, PS Vita sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm... Why don't we take Borderlands 2 and push that out onto it? That'll get people to buy it."
*years later*
"Guys, PSVR sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm..."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Guys, PS Vita sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm... Why don't we take Borderlands 2 and push that out onto it? That'll get people to buy it."
*years later*
"Guys, PSVR sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm..."

its insane

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they just put up a big psvr game sale and i dont think theres anything in there released in 2018

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is literally the same thing they did as the vitas final hail mary, releasing Borderlands 2 on it

edit: beaten

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

they just put up a big psvr game sale and i dont think theres anything in there released in 2018

I'm glad that very vr add on has been a massive flop

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The PSVR had some good stuff, but companies need to realize that walking sims and FPS games aren't the most interesting things you can do with VR.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

VR will never work outside of like google maps or a museum exhibit or something. It will never be a gaming thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

VR will never work outside of like google maps or a museum exhibit or something. It will never be a gaming thing.
Thumper in VR is one of the best games I've ever played. Rez is also really good, and some puzzle stuff like Tumble and Gnog. VR is great for creating the illusion of interacting with a physical space. If more companies realized that you could have some really great games. I'd love to see more sims and strategy games, more puzzles, etc.

I think it has a lot of potential but right now it's mostly FPS ports and shovelware.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Resident evil 7 VR on the ps 4 pro is incredible

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I’ll turn my PS4 on for the first time in 9 months to play Tetris Effect in VR. Then I’ll play for 2 days and it will go back in the closet.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Maybe flight / driving sims too but only for super nerds

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I�ll

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I�ll turn my PS4 on for the first time in 9 months to play Tetris Effect in VR. Then I�ll play for 2 days and it will go back in the closet.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thumper in VR is one of the best games I've ever played. Rez is also really good, and some puzzle stuff like Tumble and Gnog. VR is great for creating the illusion of interacting with a physical space. If more companies realized that you could have some really great games. I'd love to see more sims and strategy games, more puzzles, etc.

I think it has a lot of potential but right now it's mostly FPS ports and shovelware.

This kinda stuff and flight sims are perfect for VR but turns out that no one really gives a poo poo about those games to the extent they are willing to fork out a few hundred dollars for the VR aspect.

Tetris effect looks like it would be super cool in VR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ac7 in VR better be tight bc they delayed the whole game by 18 months to include it

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Ac7 in VR better be tight bc they delayed the whole game by 18 months to include it

It’s 2 missions lmfao. Hype!!!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tetris Effect VR will be a new level of gaming nirvana

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Tetris Effect VR will be a new level of gaming nirvana
I'm glad I sold my PSVR or else I would die

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The PSVR had some good stuff, but companies need to realize that walking sims and FPS games aren't the most interesting things you can do with VR.

their big line from the outset was "we aren't going to make the mistake of bolting VR onto regular games as if that's what people want" but all the best PSVR games are regular games with VR bolted on

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 10, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

their big line from the outset was "we aren't going to make the mistake of bolting VR onto regular games as if that's what people want" but all the bet PSVR games are regular games with VR bolted on
I don't have a problem with this at all, honestly. As long as the games are good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's interesting to me that Sony has resisted doing any kind of VR-tie ins to their big first party games. I would have assumed we'd get Aloy's Longbow Training or Uncharted VR by now. But they've pretty much kept it seperate, which is weird because the VIta and PSP got a lot of gaiden games.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
gran turismo has it and its basically first party .. the issue really is would a game suit it, and not many do. if you ask me i think vr is best used as a way to look at regular games with a 360 degree view while sitting in a chair normal style rather than a thing where you wave a motion controller around and struggle to do basic things and proabably have to clear all of the furniture out of your room for the privilege

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it's interesting to me that Sony has resisted doing any kind of VR-tie ins to their big first party games. I would have assumed we'd get Aloy's Longbow Training or Uncharted VR by now. But they've pretty much kept it seperate, which is weird because the VIta and PSP got a lot of gaiden games.

They did with Until Dawn and I guess that's the tier of games they'll do that for, ie games some people kinda care about but not enough to get mad if the VR spinoffs suck

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Astrobot is a lot of fun.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Wipeout would be cool in VR, have they done that yet

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Wipeout would be cool in VR, have they done that yet

Yes

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Nice

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I want to own a PSVR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

an actual dog posted:

I want to own a PSVR

I do too but I’m worried about spending $200 and then the PS5 gets announced.