Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving hell that's perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Professor Bling posted:

Appropriate username for that sentiment

:yeah:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My old man is middle of the road but he voted for Hillary in the last pres election because in his opinion "Trump has been a crook since the early 80s, or at least that's when I heard of him, and he was a crook then, and a slimeball now". He also hates the republican party as it exists now, he doesn't identify with any of their policies and thinks they're a bunch of crazies at this point.

My younger brother voted for Trump in '16, because "It's not like my vote counts", he also drops the hard R during "heated gamer moments" playing PUBG. I slapped the nice pair of turtle beaches he was wearing off his head when he did it and those fuckers broke. He's also a straight rear end in a top hat to my dad (who is not in good shape, medically, 50+ years of ignoring your body leads to lots of medical problems later in life), to the point of starting physical altercations with him.

I have no clue on my sister, she doesn't give much of a poo poo about politics, but I'd hope she gets more involved now that she's seen what not being involved gets you.

My family is a family of contrasts.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 9, 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my mom voted for bernie bc of the bird landing on his podium, my dad was head of the local democrats for years. i learned about watergate by reading his old doonesbury collections as a kid

being in the army made me feel like alex p keaton next to them at times.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just checked and I'm still registered to vote in Oregon.

Hooray!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sharknado slashfic posted:

Mom would have been heartbroken in 2008 over the internment camps for kids, in 2018 she just clucks about how they shouldn't be here anyway

Yep, exactly same for me. Like, as a kid we had some mexican families in our church that had family that came over illegal to work and wanted to naturalize. We helped put them up in houses and help them get jobs while church members babysat their kids so they could start getting legal papers and poo poo.

Today I don't think anyone in the church I grew up in would do this. They were doing this in like 1995 for christs sake.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

orange juche posted:

My old man is middle of the road but he voted for Hillary in the last pres election because in his opinion "Trump has been a crook since the early 80s, or at least that's when I heard of him, and he was a crook then, and a slimeball now". He also hates the republican party as it exists now, he doesn't identify with any of their policies and thinks they're a bunch of crazies at this point.

My younger brother voted for Trump in '16, because "It's not like my vote counts", he also drops the hard R during "heated gamer moments" playing PUBG. I slapped the nice pair of turtle beaches he was wearing off his head when he did it and those fuckers broke. He's also a straight rear end in a top hat to my dad (who is not in good shape, medically, 50+ years of ignoring your body leads to lots of medical problems later in life), to the point of starting physical altercations with him.

I have no clue on my sister, she doesn't give much of a poo poo about politics, but I'd hope she gets more involved now that she's seen what not being involved gets you.

My family is a family of contrasts.

What’s the hard R? Republican?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FrozenVent posted:

What�s the hard R? Republican?

No but it's a synonym.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

FrozenVent posted:

N word with the Hard R.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Think about it. What would make you want to slap the poo poo out of someone if you heard them say it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my mom voted for bernie bc of the bird landing on his podium, my dad was head of the local democrats for years. i learned about watergate by reading his old doonesbury collections as a kid

being in the army made me feel like alex p keaton next to them at times.

I'm not joking that most of what I know of 70s/80s politics came from Bloom County and Doonesbury. I had a copy of a Bloom County strip about Trump hanging on my wall at my (then) work while the Primary was going on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

One of the few words that will get you 86'd out of here quicklike.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

FrozenVent posted:

Well, it rhymes with Pooh's friend...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

EBB posted:

Is the C word still forbidden

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm not joking that most of what I know of 70s/80s politics came from Bloom County and Doonesbury. I had a copy of a Bloom County strip about Trump hanging on my wall at my (then) work while the Primary was going on.

doonesbury was so far over my head but it was a comic book, so thats what kept me reading when i was like 10

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Professor Bling posted:

Appropriate username for that sentiment

You obviously haven't seen the curves she was rocking on her tour this year.

Between the publicity from her political statement, her Reputation Stadium Tour, and winning her court case against the dude that groped her, she's having a hell of a year.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

Between the publicity from her political statement, her Reputation Stadium Tour, and winning her court case against the dude that groped her, she's having a hell of a year.

Also lets not forget, getting away with the murder of her arch enemy, Taylor Swift.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im still really mad about a stupid thing

https://hyperallergic.com/263591/artist-shames-taylor-swift-over-pirated-painting-but-decides-to-shake-it-off/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That Reputation song is just horrible. It's like she's gotten less mature than when she was writing weepy high school poo poo 10 years ago.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Only one way to find out!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm lucky that my dad is a lifelong union worker. He was a solid Clinton era centrist and in the past few years has become more radically liberal (as far as the Democrats are concerned).

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That Works posted:

No but it's a synonym.

KirbyKhan posted:

N word with the Hard R.

orange juche posted:

Think about it. What would make you want to slap the poo poo out of someone if you heard them say it.

EBB posted:

Hremsfeld posted:

Well, it rhymes with Pooh's friend...

Rumsfeld?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was gonna word poo poo about people needing a celebrity to tell them to vote. I bit my tongue on it earlier today. Motherfuckers are dumb as hell.

I don't see how piglet has to do with anything.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Sarah posted:

Chappaquiddick

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Sarah posted:

Caribou?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mom would have been heartbroken in 2008 over the internment camps for kids, in 2018 she just clucks about how they shouldn't be here anyway

Same

:smith:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Cockatiel

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Still registered in Ohio, taking time to drive back and vote!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
2020 is going to be a nightmare

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1049808257315889153

theres that trump rally going on now

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FrozenVent posted:

Rumsfeld?

I think he means Paul Ryan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Which one?

:getin:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Condoleezza

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Careful guys. If you say it she might probate me for 8 years.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Behold the next conservative global warming talking point:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1049646381684674560?s=21

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was gonna word poo poo about people needing a celebrity to tell them to vote. I bit my tongue on it earlier today. Motherfuckers are dumb as hell.

I don't see how piglet has to do with anything.

I'm on the fence on this because they shouldn't have to have a celebrity tell them to go register, but at the same time, who is going to tell them? I was never taught how important it was in high school. Nor did my parents encourage it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

https://twitter.com/MedianPolitics/status/1049648436197224448

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ben Shapiro was obviously a big fan of the solutions proposed by Downsizing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Downsizing was an okay movie. Not great. That ending at the tunnel was unexpectedly hilarious.

Sarah posted:

I'm on the fence on this because they shouldn't have to have a celebrity tell them to go register, but at the same time, who is going to tell them? I was never taught how important it was in high school. Nor did my parents encourage it.

At some point it will only be celebrities running in the future. Our country is becoming american idol. Dial in now to vote for Zuck!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

FrozenVent posted:

The imgur link in the probation reason's already 404'd, what sort of sloppy production is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hremsfeld posted:

The imgur link in the probation reason's already 404'd, what sort of sloppy production is this?

Seriously, I paid $10 for this

Did we just get a new IK?

e

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

All hail Sarah

Oh I was wondering what this meant

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 10, 2018

• Locked thread