Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alot to unpack in this one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

A lot to pack into the dishwasher in this one too.

there we go

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

She appears to have at least made her bed in one of them. That's something.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What they need to do is remove the part about "The Devil" so you can make it like a Mad Libs question: "Why do you (noun from column 1) love (noun from column 2)?"
"Why do you wifebeater's love government recipient's?"

Why the gently caress is everything possessive?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath posted:

Why the gently caress is everything possessive?
Because the people who made the sign are idiot's

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Tag yourselves, I'm SPORT'S NUT'S

Pagan's what?

PAGAN'S what??

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cessna posted:

Pagan's what?

PAGAN'S what??

Pagan's loud mouth women.

Pagan should really get them to hush up.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Call the police on Adrian

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Call the police on Adrian

its ok he was talkign 2 her

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Needs skin

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo that woman has a kitchen sink in her bedroom.

A friend of mine went to a woman's house a while back, then panic texted me as he was making a quick exit. She had a working bathroom sink in the middle of a room covered in hoarder crap, and a one-year-old in the living room hanging out with her parents. He was mortified. Apparently she was cute and dressed as that Misty in her profile so he figured he'd take a chance with "crazy but fun." Guess her profile didn't feature her room.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Scathach posted:

And a Confederate flag on her wall.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Panfilo posted:

How the hell did that guy even have custody of his kids in the first place? From what I heard, he had divorced/separated from their mom due to literally being a useless piece of poo poo that didn't work or help out around the house. I can't imagine how hosed up the mom must be for a judge to decide, "Yes, put them up with the huge manchild and his new enabler of a wife, that is best for them between the two options" :stonk:

When men seek custody they get it more often then not. The mra talking point that they dont uses all the times they dont seek custody at all so it defaults to the mom.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

snergle posted:

When men seek custody they get it more often then not. The mra talking point that they dont uses all the times they dont seek custody at all so it defaults to the mom.

Are you sure about that? I'm asking genuinely because I've heard feminists talk about bias in custody rulings as one of the few times men are actually disadvantaged

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Probably depends on the judge and how much dad is acting in good faith. I wouldn't put it past that some judges aren't going to be swayed by an rear end in a top hat ex husband trying for custody solely to try to get at his ex wife, not because he wants to see his kids.

Anecdotally, the men I know that got full custody of their kids is because their ex wife agreed to it, or they were far crazier/drug addicted/etc than dad. But it does seem rare that all things being equal dad gets full custody if both mom and dad were fighting over it and were both somewhat functional.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

snergle posted:

Actually just a quick google says this is wrong, the statistics are based off of court orders which only exist when custody is disputed. It breaks down 80% sole mother custody, 13% shared, 7% sole father custody in Canada, I'm sure the US isn't significantly different

MRAs absolutely distort and misrepresent statistics but this isn't one of them. Of course MRAs are also the ones who push the idea that women are "naturally more suited" to care work than men which is part of the reason for the bias in custody decisions.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Oct 10, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cessna posted:

Exact same dishes the whole time.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Scathach posted:

One of my dorm rooms in college had two individual vanities with a mirror and sink in it. And I went to school in borderline rural Kentucky so that'd explain the flag, too.

Galactic Cat
Jun 21, 2018

Mocking Bird posted:

A nice social worker comes out to talk to them about it, usually while kiddo chills out at a foster home or grandmas house

Depending on the ~why~ yeah sometimes they can go home right away, other times we start talking to grandma or foster mom about the magic of adoption

Good times. I hope you have some good coping mechanisms if you're often one of those nice social workers.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Cessna posted:

One that says "heritage not hate" on it, no less :allears:

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bike tory posted:

Actually just a quick google says this is wrong, the statistics are based off of court orders which only exist when custody is disputed. It breaks down 80% sole mother custody, 13% shared, 7% sole father custody in Canada, I'm sure the US isn't significantly different

MRAs absolutely distort and misrepresent statistics but this isn't one of them. Of course MRAs are also the ones who push the idea that women are "naturally more suited" to care work than men which is part of the reason for the bias in custody decisions.

Even if you take the claim to be true (something like 70 60% of fathers who seek full custody get it IIRC) it's a shameful statistic because of the self-selection bias.

Sole custody is only going to be sought by the absolute best fathers when against the absolute worst mothers, knowing anything less favourable is a non starter. And even then, 3 4/10 fail.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Pull up, thread. Pull up!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

Pull out, thread. Pull out!

ITS HALLOWEENMONTH MY FRIENDOS, ENJOY THE FINEST OF COSTUME

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I mean im glad we're sitting here talking about child custody it sure is interesting and great anyone had any good cancers lately, or maybe a loved one who died really poorly, im looking for those good conversation chats

you maroons

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

text me a vag pic posted:

I mean im glad we're sitting here talking about child custody it sure is interesting and great anyone had any good cancers lately, or maybe a loved one who died really poorly, im looking for those good conversation chats

you maroons

I'm the duct tape codpiece.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bike tory posted:

I never said sole custody just custody I guess I should of said sole or joint. I wasn't trying to be weaselly. The study I read is linked below. It may be out of date or was proven to be inaccurate but I havent heard of it if it has.

http://amptoons.com/blog/files/Massachusetts_Gender_Bias_Study.htm

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Oh hey, J-F Bibeau. What's that crazy motherfucker been doing since he dropped off the SA mock radar? Hopefully he got therapy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

No more custody chat.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

slash stab posted:

No more custody chat.

You're not my real raccoon mom!!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Not until the paperwork goes through, anyway

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

My genital just got hard. Lol.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Only one genital though. I'm saving the others for later

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

My hubbys not a soyboy #blessed

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Soyest boy I've seen in a while.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

My hubbys not a soyboy #blessed

that's not a swastika its just a chubby puzzle pieace.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm the picture that says MINORS in the background.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SubponticatePoster posted:

I was gonna ask...

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

that's not a swastika its just a chubby puzzle pieace.

The one on his arm, however, is a swastika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cover my Eyes
Mar 31, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

MINOR'S
:eng101: