Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Considering how many countries were/are super friendly with the Saudi's I doubt the WWE is in major trouble unless they go over and do a propaganda piece

Disregarding the Saudis being giant nostalgia marks, propaganda was and is explicitly the point. They weren't subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Considering how many countries were/are super friendly with the Saudi's I doubt the WWE is in major trouble unless they go over and do a propaganda piece

Was part of the contractual obligation for GRR so I don't see why it wouldn't be similarly for Crown Jewel

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Chris James 2 posted:

Worst that could happen is before or even as the plane lands there so they can prep for Crown Jewel, someone tells MBS they considered cancelling the deal, and they end up not being allowed to leave

God, I would not want to be anyone on the roster right now. I think this would be the first PPV where people would be like "Okay, but can I not go? I don't want to perform."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Vince is the kinda of money mark that he'd have the second event be just as much of propaganda piece as the first

Wonder if Brock still shows

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol at thinking WWE will back down on propaganda in a show literally named after the Saudi prince

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How many very public murders and admissions of guilt for said murders does it take for your PG company to go "eh we should probably create some distance"

So far the number is above 1 so lets see how high it goes

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 12, 2018

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

saudi arabia threatened to do another 9/11 to canada a few weeks back that was pretty dope

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The Saudi regime are a murderer. And Vince McMahon don't know how to accept that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/richard-branson-halts-1b-project-with-saudi-arabia-over-khashoggi-disappearance/

quote:

Virgin Group founder Richard Branson has suspended a $1 billion investment project with Saudi Arabia due to the disappearance of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

Branson made the announcement Thursday as US Senators sparked an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the mystery of the missing US resident and Saudi critic.

“What has reportedly happened in Turkey around the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, if proved true, would clearly change the ability of any of us in the West to do business with the Saudi Government,” Branson said in a statement.

Virgin Group just paused a 1 billion dollar deal to try to save face - your move WWE

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imma bet they just try to ignore it long enough for Trump to do another insanely stupid thing and everyone forgets. Probably a couple days.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wwe should publicly apologize for this poo poo and ever thinking it was a good idea in the first. This is literally like war crimes poo poo and it’s disgusting I am course referring to HHH/Steiner royal rumble 2003

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'd watch a "War Crimes" PPV.

It's insane to me how much poo poo the Saudis can consistently get away with on the world stage. The Orb must be the real deal.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'd watch a "War Crimes" PPV.

It's insane to me how much poo poo the Saudis can consistently get away with on the world stage. The Orb must be the real deal.

Holla Holla Get Dolla, basically.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you're interested in Saudi Arabia and how they got to where there are now, watch Bitter Lake, the BBC documentary. It's incredible.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Like do you mean again, because they've totally already done that.

They haven't had Cena say "all enemies of the state of Saudi Arabia deserve to die and any torture associated is justifiable", but the whole thing is propaganda.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Like do you mean again, because they've totally already done that.

They haven't had Cena say "all enemies of the state of Saudi Arabia deserve to die and any torture associated is justifiable", but the whole thing is propaganda.

Yeah I mean again. The first one was super bad of course but not on the level it'd be if they did it this time.

Which of course given how much Vince loves money he probably will do.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahaha, WWE, you crazy scamps

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Invalid Validation posted:

Imma bet they just try to ignore it long enough for Trump to do another insanely stupid thing and everyone forgets. Probably a couple days.

If all else fails Vince’ll just do another Stand Up for WWE campaign.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Onmi posted:

God, I would not want to be anyone on the roster right now. I think this would be the first PPV where people would be like "Okay, but can I not go? I don't want to perform."

Luckily the women's roster does not have this problem

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Once Sami has shoulders again, I hope he does well on the indies.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Onmi posted:

Feeling there's gonna be a lot of cases of stomach flu just before the planes are due to set off.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Two Beans posted:

The Saudi regime are a murderer. And Vince McMahon don't know how to accept that.

He worked with Jimmy Snuka for decades, you could say he's imminently qualified to work with murderers.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Feeling there's gonna be a lot of cases of stomach flu just before the planes are due to set off.

Fingers crossed for elevated liver enzymes!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the entire roster takes genetics tests that reveal they all have Syrian heritage

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Crown Jewel will be moved to Gary, Indiana.

Get hype, fools. Roman is going to get attacked by the surviving members of the Jackson Family.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Commit genocide for profit in Yemen and nobody bats an eye, kill one journalist directly and the world shits it's britches.

WWE are going to wait for the next big news story to take over and do exactly what it was going to do before.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Commit genocide for profit in Yemen and nobody bats an eye, kill one journalist directly and the world shits it's britches.

Why so serious?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Why so serious?

Because Christopher Nolan sucks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

The journalist was American, op

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Rarity posted:

hey, he wasn't a citizen, just a resident. that's basically an illegal immigrant with some fancy paperwork

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Baron Corbin posted:

hey, he wasn't a citizen, just a resident. that's basically an illegal immigrant with some fancy paperwork

If Mexicans had built that wall around him, the Saudis wouldn't have been able to get to him :smug:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flair Inoki in Korea was better than this crap

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScarlettEHarris/status/1050600582216445953

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can't believe that in tyool 2018 The Undertaker is still digging holes and taking regime-critical journalists into them to be systematically killed

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Industry full of career carnival barkers does carny poo poo; film at 11.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's literally any corporation doing anything seemingly progressive though.

Pepsi are donating to Breast Cancer research so you can ignore them poisoning local water supplies to save 0.1 cents on a gallon of Pepsi.

Capitalism more like crapitalism mate.

Rarity posted:

I need to update my 100,000 brown children lives = one American middle class life chart.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hey guys, isn't it cool that our dark jokes about how Sami Zayn would probably get black bagged and murdered if he went to the last KSA turned out to be 100% accurate? :stare:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE couldn't write better villains for their storylines if they tried!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Hey guys, isn't it cool that our dark jokes about how Sami Zayn would probably get black bagged and murdered if he went to the last KSA turned out to be 100% accurate? :stare:

I don't think Sami is important enough to be lured into a consulate, tortured and killed by an assassin team flown in that day, his body (including his recently repaired shoulder) hacked into bits, put in boxes that are driven away in black vans to be dissolved in acid or dumped, and then the whole thing covered up by the KSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, they'd just toss him off a roof

• Locked thread