Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
You can build the frame and fork out of lipo cells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Aunt Beth posted:

imagine elon as a cyclone
imagine elon as a Cylon
imagine elon as Celine
imagine elon as Ceylon

imagine four elons at the edge of a cliff

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
tim's algorithms are running amok on the brain right now

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

CrazyLittle posted:

bankruptcy works the same way

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
more obstruction. whereever this information is, it is buried

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

keep the bots in the markov thread tia

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

there's a nonzero chance elon will be killed by one of his rockets so we can look forward to him being a permanent martyr for dumb people who think they're smart

the mercedes GTwhatever has explosive bolts that fire if the car crashes upside down to free the passengers

SLS AMG

some jag convertibles have explosive-actuated roll bars to keep the car from crushing occupants' skulls if it flips, because apparently people are willing to trust their lives to the intersection of "British car electrical system" and "explosives"

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Captain Foo posted:

oh yeah it's that cop lol

lord stimperor reg’d to post in a specific mock thread (which one is an easy guess if you read that thread) and is branching out, i don’t think they’re a cop

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

v disappointed to not find explosive bolts on mcmaster carr

but i did find https://www.mcmaster.com/sex-bolts

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

BobHoward posted:

lord stimperor reg’d to post in a specific mock thread (which one is an easy guess if you read that thread) and is branching out, i don’t think they’re a cop

BobHoward confirmed cop.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

beep boop its shaggar

dont sign

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

TK-42-1 posted:

BobHoward confirmed cop.

please ignore the smell of brimstone as i show you my credentials

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
brimstone cops

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

from the cspam thread:

pokie posted:

I know I am late to the party but here's my take on ole Musky potting it up.

We had team building thing at work today so I farted out this nonsense.

E: VVV Thank you, kind goon.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

lipid cells

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

BobHoward posted:

there everyone you see the reasons why i'm on this forum are completely rational and totally not brokebrained

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
u have to tell us if your a cop, that's the law

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'M DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBALL

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Lord Stimperor posted:

Yeah cool how the doors could still open

heh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BobHoward posted:

i guess you weren't here for the joke's origin so to give you a hint, look at the first post in this thread by them:

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hello, I'm looking for a thread where an engineer reminisced about their experience working at TESLA. Was told it would be in YOSPOS. Anyone care to link me to the thread? Thanks.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Peeny Cheez posted:

bankruptcy works the same way

thinkin bout taht elon five-tubes (sus)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lord stimperor confirmed musk operative

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

starmusk the super wizard's tubular spacial

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cold on a Cob posted:

lord stimperor confirmed musk operative

deskeletonization will commence immediately

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Truga posted:

deskeletonization will commence immediately

i signed up to be totemized

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

prisoner of waffles posted:

over in the Other Musk/Tesla Thread they're talking about board composition soo

hey Combat Theory and anyone else who might be in the know, what do you think about worker representation on corporate boards a la Germany?

If we speak for the metalworking industry (which automotive is part of) then we have a heavily unionized structure of the worker body and of all the companies that require a board structure in Germany, about 1700 company boards include union functionaries.

Unionization is not common in every field of work. For Germany, the degree of unionization is about 22 and declined from a level of 33 in the 1980s. Swedens is about 80, but their wages are lower across the board. the working conditions are very very favorable here usually if you work in a larger metal working or electronics company.

The goal is the 38 hour week, collective bargaining agreements are standard, glide time agreements get more and more common, stock offerings for workers are common and of course the whole slew of German social securities package, ie, universal health care by law separated in payment at 7,7 percent from your brutto wage and 8,8 percent from the employer, universal pension insurance, universal social security and universal care insurance that I don't know the percentages of right now.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

p sure the soyuz capsule (like all human spacecraft afaik) has a door that can explode itself off if needed, better get to work on that feature for the model 3 elong

Armored BMWs use explosive liners behind the windshield seal to blow it out as an emergency escape. We also have some older concepts for explosive bolts and rivets laying around but with a standard door it usually comes down to not being abled to open the door anymore due to cold metal deformation and not lock failure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i was wandering around the udvar-hazy center one day, and there was a tour going on. they stopped in front of a nazi fighter plane, and the guide was telling the story of when they were restoring it. no one on the team working on it read german, so they pretty much just ignored the markings and such on it while working. one day, someone who *could* read german happened by and mentioned that there were warning signs around the cockpit for the ejection explosives. apparently some dude had been welding inches away, and all the explosives were still there.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Cocoa Crispies posted:

SLS AMG

some jag convertibles have explosive-actuated roll bars to keep the car from crushing occupants' skulls if it flips, because apparently people are willing to trust their lives to the intersection of "British car electrical system" and "explosives"

Most active safety systems on vehicles are explosive actuated. The average German vehicle is carrying between 10 to 20 explosive charges around to actuate airbags, belt tensioners, rollover hoops and more specialized stuff.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
when you need something that moves fast, with a lot of energy, reliably, explosives it’s where it’s at

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BobHoward posted:

lol what are you, in the police union

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Endless Mike posted:

i was wandering around the udvar-hazy center one day, and there was a tour going on. they stopped in front of a nazi fighter plane, and the guide was telling the story of when they were restoring it. no one on the team working on it read german, so they pretty much just ignored the markings and such on it while working. one day, someone who *could* read german happened by and mentioned that there were warning signs around the cockpit for the ejection explosives. apparently some dude had been welding inches away, and all the explosives were still there.

woah, i didn't know machines of that vintage used tech like that. neato.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

President Beep posted:

woah, i didn't know machines of that vintage used tech like that. neato.

AFAIK the first plane to ever feature an ejection seat was a German recon plane. I think it was the Uhu. There was a web site somewhere that discussed the first crew to ever eject out of a plane. The cool thing was that it was, IIRC, also the same crew to eject out of an air plane twice when they had to do it again a short while later. You're welcome for this useless fact.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sit uhu sit

good pilot

sproing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

sit uhu sit

good pilot

sproing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus gently caress...

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CrazyLittle posted:

Imagine four teslas on the edge of a cliff. The autopilot of the first one engages and flies off the cliff. The fourth one crashes into the other two. All catch fire and consign their passangers to a painful death.

Disruption works the same way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

sit uhu sit

good pilot

sproing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Elon Musk's Tesla seeks to trademark 'Teslaquila'
Tesla has filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark "Teslaquila."
CEO Elon Musk teased a Tesla-branded tequila earlier this year as part of an April Fool's joke on Instagram.
This is the first federal trademark application filed by Tesla in 2018.
An April Fool's joke may become a reality for billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk.
Tesla's CEO teased a Tesla-branded tequila earlier this year as part of a rouse on social media. On Monday, the company officially filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark "Teslaquila."
The trademark is for "distilled agave liquor" and "distilled blue agave liquor."

lomarf