Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I'm pretty sure the crabs (some of them at least) are the cavalry. Monster cav, like demigryphs, but still cav. Slow for cav though, I imagine.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I hope the bearded lady gets a bonus in relations to the dawi.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Maybe If I wear a fake beard people won't notice that I have two peglegs.

Seriously my first instinct on seeing her in person was to laugh my rear end off.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
you saw her in person? :stare:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

you saw her in person? :stare:

you know, not in silhouette.

but maybe tho...

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

DeathSandwich posted:

So it looks like we're going to have a pretty good swath of specialties for the lords so far. Luthor Harkon seems to be a Glade lord/lady style ranged skirmisher on a flying mount who's campaign buffs focus on elite infantry. Noctilus will be the heavy armored Vlad Von Carstein style melee beast and general poo poo-wrecker that'll eventually ride a necrofex and will buff the monsters in the roster. Saltspite looks to be a speedy glass cannon duelist that'll ride a giant crab and focuses on buffed out gunlines. I'm going to take a guess that if the datamining is right and we get the Silver Princess that she's probably going to be the Khatep/Morathi style uber caster with a focus on probably like the raise dead equivalent and buffing out the more core units in the coast's roster. It'd be kind of interesting if the Silver Princess winds up being kind of the opposite end of the coin from Saltspite in that she winds up with more of a core of traditional Vampire Counts units and playstyle, shot and cannons backed up with blood knights and vargheists sort of deal.

Not really knowing anything about the roster of the coast writ large, my guess is that in exchange for guns and monsters we're not going to see any cavalry in the coast's roster and I'd probably wager a guess that they're not going to have a lot of heavy armor infantry outside of things like the Depth Guard.

Yeah, nothing on the roster we've seen so far seems to be all that fast. They've got the crab mounts, but those might be classified as monstrous and be in the ~20 unit count range instead of the normal ~60. Perhaps similar to Tomb Kings, except with a slightly better but less expendable infantry core and slightly worse but more numerous monstrous units?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I would guess the big crabs are going to be like a tomb scorpion analogue and if there are smaller ones then they wind up kind of like sepulchural stalkers in that they are really slow compared to traditional cav but bring something to bear to make up for it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Maybe the new Lore will have some slowing spells to help their limited mobility.

Speaking of which there’s still so much to show the next few weeks. I’m curious how hard they keep the drip feed marketing train going.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
how long before TK's came out were they showing those head to head campaigns and giving Turin etc early access?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It also looks like none of their units have shields and the only armored things are the monsters and the Depth Guard (which appears to be large too) which can be focused more easily by AP fire, so they will probably have a hard time vs Wood Elves, High Elves and Bretonnia, since those have good bows and way better mobility. Which is fine, a faction needs some drawbacks (looking at you, Dark Elves). Looking forward to how they will shake the MP meta.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

e: nvm

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 17, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I gotta admit, we could do with about 50% of the goddamn vampires.

Still I'm really feeling THESE vampires

Jezails and rattling guns when tho, you clearly have the power just fuckin' DO IT

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

So reskinned Free Company will take the roll of all the zombois? Or Saltspite still gets zombos?

I wonder if and when Tilea becomes playable that she'll get Tilean units instead.

Also I can't wait to see how hideously powercreeped these new lords will be.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m excited to see the mystery lord/sjw pandering unloreful trash tomorrow.

lol people already don't like her 'man face' on the official forums. why I ventured there to read comments, I don't know.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah the amount of "you advanced the story of this incredibly minor character some incredibly minor amount in order to make her cool character fit into this faction how dare you surrender to the SJWs blah blah" that was going around r/totalwar was pretty gross. I can't even imagine the official forums.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

We need more representation for bearded legless pirate women.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

they were super mad that aranessa A) wasnt a full faction of living troops and B) isnt as sexy as they imagined based on the one (1) official piece of art she has.

theyre also mad we're getting 2 female legendary lords

whereas i am a reasonable person, i am sad that noctilus isnt as ugly as his official art, and slightly disappointed we arent getting skretch. but i'd rather have aranessa and the silver princess than the generic pirate ghost vangheist everyone else online seems to have wanted.

also in terms of funny reddit posts, theyre talking about it at least being easy for the modders to reskin all the zombie troops to living empire troops for aranessas faction, which is pretty funny.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, in the lore there are some vampires who while they may not be good people, actually care about their mortal subjects and make efforts at good governance. Part of that might be due to self preservation and maintaining a happy food chain, but they at least recognize that and make efforts to make their lands pleasant.

Generally speaking you see that more from Lahmian bloodlines that are more in tune with mortal affairs. Strigoi tend to be the opposite end of the spectrum and revel in being heinous monsters. The other bloodlines like Blood Dragons and Von Carstein tend to fall somewhere in the middle depending on the individual.

Strigoi don't really revel in being monsters so much as they suffer from vampire dementia that makes them act that way. The sane ones mostly spend their time hiding or protecting the not-roma

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Anno posted:

Yeah the amount of "you advanced the story of this incredibly minor character some incredibly minor amount in order to make her cool character fit into this faction how dare you surrender to the SJWs blah blah" that was going around r/totalwar was pretty gross. I can't even imagine the official forums.

I mean this is kind of the entire Vampire Coast faction; they're extremely minor characters at best.

But who the gently caress cares, rad pirate ghosts and giant bats carrying musketeers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Definitely getting the mod that makes Noctilis bluer, day one.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Mordja posted:

Definitely getting the mod that makes Noctilis bluer, day one.

its weird that he isnt blue cause having him white makes him look like luther harkon in a different outfit

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

its weird that he isnt blue cause having him white makes him look like luther harkon in a different outfit

You just cracked the code.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

You just cracked the code.

they could hide it so easily though by opening up his texture in photoshop, selecting his face, then moving the cyan slider up in the colour balance window

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Maybe it just looked a little too wonky in-model as compared to the way the artwork goes.

Also Aranessa looks pretty great so we're already at the point where I'm struggling to pick between three starting LLs when the DLC drops and we haven't seen number 4 just yet so I might be in for the hardest decision I've had playing this game.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Snips posted:

I wish this game was clearer about which AI factions are using DLC lords. Just realised halfway through a game that I can't confederate a nearby faction that I have good relations with since they're using a DLC lord that I don't own. So now I either have to go to war with them or buy the dlc :waycool:

i... i dont know if this is an actual restriction!

Confederation is weird / random enough as is; if you're millitary allies with them, for instance, its supposed to make them less inclined to confederate since they count your strength as part of their own when calculating if they'll accept or not. Its not just based on relations, in any case.

e: poo poo, ive outed myself as a day 1 dlc purchaser

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 12, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Confederation is weird / random enough as is; if you're millitary allies with them, for instance, its supposed to make them less inclined to confederate since they count your strength as part of their own when calculating if they'll accept or not. Its not just based on relations, in any case.

Can confirm that I couldn't confederate Alarielle as Alith Anar (the option didn't even show up in the diplomacy menu). Then I bought the DLC, loaded the save, and could immediately confederate her.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Also Aranessa looks pretty great so we're already at the point where I'm struggling to pick between three starting LLs when the DLC drops and we haven't seen number 4 just yet so I might be in for the hardest decision I've had playing this game.

Just pick the one with the biggest tits, that's what I live my life by and it's never steered me wrong.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Salted_Pork posted:

Just pick the one with the biggest tits, that's what I live my life by and it's never steered me wrong.

I'm sorry sir but we're on a journey for booty here?!?!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Salted_Pork posted:

Aranessa Saltspite is a fifth blowfish, so she can get thicc on demand. [sic]

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

e: poo poo, ive outed myself as a day 1 dlc purchaser

like and share this post if you preordered immediately after hearing the sea shanty

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I'm 50/50 on buyingthe DLC itself but the island battles are a great idea. Makes so much sense when there's far more ocean on the Vortex and ME maps.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1050748677663481856

ARABY LADY DENIED

FAT GHOST LADY CONFIRMED

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At least it is representing the very important pirate ghost demographic.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Her?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
For people not able to view TW's site:

quote:

Legend has it that the sea witch Cylostra Direfin was once the favourite court singer of the Bretonnian king. Sent on a voyage across the ocean to sing for the Phoenix King, they were hit by a fierce storm. The madame’s notes turned to screams of fury as the ship sank, and all onboard drowned. Decades later, a Bretonnian galleon of rotten wood and tattered sails can be seen navigating the seas even in the most savage of storms. It is The Lamprey, the ship of the vengeful spirit Madame Cylostra and her crew, the Drowned.

FACTION EFFECTS
As Mistress of the Deep, Cylostra Direfin’s very presence increases the loyalty of new recruits while also reducing the upkeep and recruitment costs for Mournguls and Syreens faction-wide.

LORD EFFECTS
Cylostra Direfin can offer the loyal followers in her army increased physical resistance while also enabling magical attacks.

MOUNT: ROTTING LEVIATHAN
Cylostra Direfin can take the field resplendent on the back of a Rotting Leviathan.

UNIQUE ARCANE ITEM: THE BORDELEAUX FLABELLUM
Cylostra Direfin’s ornate ceremonial fan increases pubic order in all provinces and vampiric corruption in local provinces. It also grants Cylostra a passive ability that reduces ability recharge whenever she casts a spell.

UNIQUE SKILLS

GHOSTS OF THE PAST
Cylostra Direfin can call forth spectral Bretonnian knights bound to her will, summoning a unit of Damned Knights Errant who can be upgraded to either Damned Questing Knights or Damned Knights of the Realm.

FROM THE DEPTHS
Cylostra Direfin can summon countless lost souls from beneath the waves, reducing the cost of raising the dead and increasing the recruitment rank of her army.

CONJURATION THROUGH HATE
Cylostra Direfin is well-versed in harnessing the hatred required to master Mourngul Haunters, increasing their hero capacity and recruitment rank.

FIERY DIVA
Cylostra Direfin is a prima donna in more ways than one, but it works in her favour by reducing the cooldown and casting costs for overcast spells.

EMERGING TERROR
The creatures under Cylostra Direfin’s direction are as resilient as they are terrifying, with increased physical resistance for Syreen, Mourngul, and Bloated Corpses and greatly reduced upkeep for the latter.

SIREN OF THE STORM
A powerful sea witch, Cylostra Direfin benefits from a reduced miscast base chance for overcast spells as well as an increased Winds of Magic power reserve.

She starts just east of Ssildra Tor, on the peninsula that's south of Morathi and north of Mazdamundi.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
She seems...boring. Probably gonna play as Noctilis or Saltspite. I guess this sets precedent for CA to make up Legendary Lords whole cloth, though.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Night10194 posted:

At least it is representing the very important pirate ghost demographic.

she gets summon-able ghost brettonian knights

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

So I guess we have lords that specialize in zombie pirates, robot pirates, human/crab pirates and ghost pirates.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Whorelord posted:

she gets summon-able ghost brettonian knights

Excuse me, they’re *damned* knights.

Also, holy poo poo is her start going to be nasty, she’s jammed in between the Dark Elves and Lizards with no real safe place to expand. Actually, in ME, it looks like she might actually start directly adjacent to Mazdamundi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I like her, she fits aesthetically and that's what matters.

Also, 'Morngul Haunters' are apparently a hero unit.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 12, 2018