Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wouldn't mind having a bunch of Marks overseeing Flint, Michigan instead of the Keystone Cops working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
INFRA has some really cool random offices tucked away in weird corners that I would love to have a poke through all their computers to see what stuff is on em, or like root through some drawers.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
This game scratches my itch to rifle.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The final set of offices- you may have noticed a set of different charts with numbers and letters in them (one at ~35:30 and iirc some others somewhere else in the office). Give them a closer look; they're one of the nastier puzzles in the ARG I was working on when real life picked up and I had to step away.

As far as I can tell from discussing it with other players, you used all the known numbers at the phone.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The phone reminds me of how The Darkness has random phone numbers on billboards and posters throughout the game and if you call them while in the hub area you get secrets. For a game with a lot of secrets tucked away it'd be another neat addition.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The final set of offices- you may have noticed a set of different charts with numbers and letters in them (one at ~35:30 and iirc some others somewhere else in the office). Give them a closer look; they're one of the nastier puzzles in the ARG I was working on when real life picked up and I had to step away.

As far as I can tell from discussing it with other players, you used all the known numbers at the phone.

Were the websites shown in the water treatment plant computer ever a thing that was accessible while the ARG was going on? I tried accessing them but, naturally, they were offline.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I got confirmation that there are a total of 5 numbers by pulling the script:

Corruption = 000780036
reserved? = 04015932290
Osmo Olut = 0101382044
Ferry = 035435435
Aziz = 062792005

Sorry for my earlier confusion, there's a lot of incomplete info and rumors about the game!

afaik the websites were never working sites.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 6, 2018

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Food for thought: You can apparently mount this game onto Garry's mod. I wonder what secrets it holds? I might give it a look over when the LP is done.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Just wanted to chime in to say that this game is a gem, and I love the videos.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

12/ I keep moving forward, leaving a trail of repairs and destruction behind me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I had to stop watching early, but before I go back and finish I wanted to mention- the achievement is for not triggering the alarms, not the sensors. As soon as you disarmed the security system, you had free run of the place.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The hacker cabin was interesting, but I'm still not sure what the deal was with them.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
In his attempt to turn off the power, Mark inadvertently causes a massive gas explosion that levels the neighbourhood we're in.

With all the effort the developers have put into this it still does an excellent job of showing why point-and-click adventure/puzzle games died off and are still dead. The only way that forklift puzzle could've been made more dickish is if they allowed you to pour regular gasoline or some random motor oil into the tank, permanently loving the engine and making the game unwinnable. Still doesn't explain why you couldn't just extend the forks (like on a normal forklift) and instead had to push it around with an empty oil drum.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

“Broken” is a magic word in INFRA. I only had to fix the entire water treatment plant because a door in the storage and a door in the office were broken.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

In his attempt to turn off the power, Mark inadvertently causes a massive gas explosion that levels the neighbourhood we're in.

With all the effort the developers have put into this it still does an excellent job of showing why point-and-click adventure/puzzle games died off and are still dead. The only way that forklift puzzle could've been made more dickish is if they allowed you to pour regular gasoline or some random motor oil into the tank, permanently loving the engine and making the game unwinnable. Still doesn't explain why you couldn't just extend the forks (like on a normal forklift) and instead had to push it around with an empty oil drum.

They should have just made the other lever there not be present, which i assume controls that part of the forklift. Alternatively, it's a one where it controls the pitch of the forks rather than the spread of them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah doing this blind sucked.

As did the next part.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm surprised to hear this because I had way, way more trouble with the water plant than any of this section.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nope.
1) Maze of tunnels all alike
2) Limited flashlight
3) Those loving hanging green things

I'll take water plant over it any day

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mark is turning into one hell of a narc on the side.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's literally his job.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Are we sure that Mario is not a result of mushroom samba in Mark?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

13/ I hope my collection of geocache boxes can provide shelter long enough for me to figure out what to do.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So that was the end of the game before act 2 or 3 hit? I think I would have been super mad to be honest.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah it wasn't great. Especially since you don't have the time to read all that poo poo before the ceiling very rudely collapses on you.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
After this the game turns into something like Memento in Acts 2 and 3 - turns out we killed Stalburg and Mark is just insane.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can tell you right now to not worry, the game gets way weirder than that.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I figure the games just gonna turn into a standard FPS from this point on. Stahlberg was making super soldiers from glowing mushrooms and it's up to Mark to stop them.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

So that was the end of the game before act 2 or 3 hit? I think I would have been super mad to be honest.

Same. That was really, really poorly done. The entire point of the game is get out of situations like that -- being forced into one that you can't escape is an incredible letdown.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The more I watched of this game the more I got almost disappointed in it. It starts of interesting and with a novel concept. But as the plot became more and more needlessly convoluted without saying all that much to keep it mysterious and the puzzles also got convoluted I just got kinda annoyed by it.
Not to mention I'm not the biggest fan on the battery mechanic either which seems unnecessary and somewhat punishing even. At least early on.

So basically walking sims in a nutshell? v:v:v

Also yeah, that act 1 ending is awful on so many levels. Felt a bit of an apex of the slowly decreasing quality of the puzzles.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

In this game's defense, it's mostly uphill from here

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

SSNeoman posted:

It would almost have to be.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Uphill... Turnip Hill... :suicide:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I honestly still really like the game still. It scratches an itch I didn't know I had and is soothing and threatening at the same time. I just think that sort of cliffhanger timed challenge would really annoy me. I am super glad to hear there is more as this is the LP I honestly really watch out for updates on now.

Partially because OP does a really good job making it enjoyable of course.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Uphill... Turnip Hill... :suicide:

Turnip Hill is the second swirl for me

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I too find this game absolutely fascinating. For the most part I hate walking simulators, but I also love immersive puzzle games. This hits the proper middle ground for me. I've thought about buying it a number of times, but I think I've settled on watching this. I'd spend way too much time trying to get 100% and checking guides, wouldn't be able to immerse myself properly.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I actually find it surprising how huge this game is, especially for an indie title.

Like, we've been in so many environments already, and we're not even halfway through?

The only problem is that the reused assets make it look samey after a while. In retrospect, the forest area you start out in with the village and stuff was one of the most interesting parts.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
So, have we been to the place yet where not having power from the dam would have screwed us out of content?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nuramor posted:

So, have we been to the place yet where not having power from the dam would have screwed us out of content?
Oh no, that's still hours from now.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is it strange that while it's infuriating to get caught in one of those slow boil long gently caress you'd I'm still happy when they are added to a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Since it's got the Source console window, I think the first thing I'd have done is figured out how to give myself infinite battery life; I disliked the super short life of the flashlight in HL2, and I don't like it any more here.