Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Newspaper JJJ is completely right about Spider-Man being a menace, but nobody listens to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Kingpin is Rocket Raccoons dad? He's not enough of a chomnker for me to believe that.

No Peter is rockets dad. Have you all ready forgotten that glorious saga?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Newspaper JJJ is completely right about Spider-Man being a menace, but nobody listens to him.

I don't see how getting more pictures of him is going to help though. Just make more Spiderslayers with your face on them I say.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"300 dead thanks to Spider-man"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao jesus christ spidey

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ok my God they really crashed it into MJ's theater. This comic.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This was inevitable as soon as Spidey said his main concern was "if their murder plot succeeds, the theater might never reopen."

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Johnny Walker posted:

"OK Mr Lee, so how do we get Spider-Man and Iron Fist out of this helicopter crash?"
"Well, True Believer, Spidey shoots a web-parachute!"
"But, sir, his web-shooters were jammed earlier."
*pause*
"He unjammed them just in time! Excelsior!"

That uhh is unfortunately a lot more energetic and coherent than Stan the Man has been sounding lately:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stan-lee-would-like-to-set-the-record-straight-will-anyone-let-him

(Warning: depressing af)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This was inevitable as soon as Spidey said his main concern was "if their murder plot succeeds, the theater might never reopen."

MJ's gonna need a new job.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I wasn't really feeling this arc but this week is slaying it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Peter you unbelievable idiot, I love you so much :allears:

I now understand why MJ is still married to him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter would deeply regret this later if he had long term memory. see, next time mj has to buy a truck to save the day she'll take out her wallet and it will only contain moths.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wait a sec aren't there still police and suspects in the theater?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its okay I can see their parachutes

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Saoshyant posted:

I love this dumbass comic so drat much!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Saoshyant posted:

I love this dumbass comic so drat much!

Not emtpyquoting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Peter's been back in NYC without his wife for less than 24 hours and he's managed to destroy her workplace. Amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also he went there with the express purpose of SAVING her workplace :xd:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even better, i'm pretty sure the helicopter crashed directly on top of the bomb

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even better, i'm pretty sure the helicopter crashed directly on top of the bomb

Pretty sure the play was going to bomb anyway.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Oh yeah I forgot about the gas bomb Spider-Man haphazardly threw into the bushes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the cops, who nif called, just wanted to talk to them and ask what was going on. which is pretty reasonable, as they walked into a closed theater to find every gang boss in new york trying to murder a pair of mentally handicapped men and a woman with a katana. they don't know what was going on and don't know about the bomb, so they had little reason to immediately evacuate the building.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

evilmiera posted:

Wait a sec aren't there still police and suspects in the theater?

It's okay, they're not dead, they're just hibernating

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The crime lord with a helicopter blade through his sternum is just hibernating extra hard.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Also even if the police evacuated the theater for some reason, Colleen just got loving pasted.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
No, MJ, it was Spider-Man who did that, not me.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
at least there are no containers of volatile poisonous gas located where the helicopter they fisted crashed and exploded

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I love you, NSM.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

No, MJ, it was Spider-Man who did that, not me.

MJ: Okay Tiger, come to bed.
Peter: Oh no, if I take my shirt off, MJ will see my Spider-Man costume I forgot I was wearing underneath!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There is no way the writer isn't in this thread. I refuse to believe the coincidences at this level.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Imagine trying to explain the events of this arc to someone from beginning to end

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Escobarbarian posted:

Imagine trying to explain the events of this arc to someone from beginning to end

Then you'd also have to try and explain why this newspaper comic is so compelling.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

MJ: Okay Tiger, come to bed.
Peter: Oh no, if I take my shirt off, MJ will see my Spider-Man costume I forgot I was wearing underneath!

And I can't change in the bathroom, because then Mirror Peter will know I'm Spider-Man!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

davidspackage posted:

And I can't change in the bathroom, because then Mirror Peter will know I'm Spider-Man!

No Pete, that's silly...but..wait, there's silverfish in the bathroom! If I change in there, they might let Silvermane know who I am!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

nimby posted:

Then you'd also have to try and explain why this newspaper comic is so compelling.
I have had this conversation and it did not go well.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I didn't recognize Claw at first because the colourist apparently decided that the shading on his head is some truly impressive male pattern baldness

edit: Danny's beard is disgusting. They've gone too far this time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Why would they stick around? They just failed to take out all their criminal rivals (but might get them locked up by the police) and technically took part in blowing up a theater... With witnesses. All the while being hunted by two costumed men obsessed with violently fisting them.

You have jetpacks, just leave!

Or maybe they only had enough fuel to carry the Kingpin a block or so away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fisk is pissed because he wanted to leave, but Claw is such a fan of MJ that he insisted they stay and gently caress up Spider-Man for ruining her theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

evilmiera posted:

Why would they stick around? They just failed to take out all their criminal rivals (but might get them locked up by the police) and technically took part in blowing up a theater... With witnesses. All the while being hunted by two costumed men obsessed with violently fisting them.

You have jetpacks, just leave!

Or maybe they only had enough fuel to carry the Kingpin a block or so away.

Or they simply forgot about the jetpacks. Happens all the time.