Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

any iphone or ipdad stylus will work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How are the new TWEWY songs?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga8Nn2uR5Rw

I'm still not liking the new designs or the new combat. Why change it all of a sudden?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Tender Bender posted:

Starfox is a series with like 1 good game that came out over 20 years ago, I don't get why people care

This. also if the game ends up running suboptimally then who cares what’s in it?

Do you have to clip the physical toys on the controller or can you sit it on the desk in front of you and still do the snap-on swapping?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I didn't even realize until just now that Starlink has split screen co-op too. Hope it turns out well because it looks pretty neat so far.

Dizz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga8Nn2uR5Rw

I'm still not liking the new designs or the new combat. Why change it all of a sudden?

I dunno but here's the gameplay footage from TGS at much better framerate for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKwB8l92so
I thought it looked kind of neat but after NnK2 I have to give this a maaaaaaaaaaassive wait and see period.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst thing about that combat is it reminds me of NnK1

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It looks sorta interesting, but yeah, I keep hearing that it's really similar to Ni no Kuni 1, and that Ni no Kuni 1 had very boring combat.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Not a Children posted:

I'd really like to hear some goon thoughts on the TWEWY remake. I feel like a lot of the graphical charm is lost with the upscaling, and half the fun in the DS version was the controls -- is the feel of the game maintained?

It looks like how I remember the DS version, except super sharp. I'd assume it's based on the same base art.

I wonder what the best place to complain is to get Square Enix add a control scheme that's more like the DS version.

The announcement trailer showed the original partner UI, so clearly they tried, but then didn't.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
What is that? Had to quit playing ni no kuni because of the combat even though I really liked the rest of it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just realized that in Mega Man 11 you can customize the controls and add a Turbo/Burst shot button. Neat

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

whaley posted:

What is that? Had to quit playing ni no kuni because of the combat even though I really liked the rest of it

Same here. Everything outside of combat is a joy, even when it gets repetitive. The combat is just flat out offensive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

whaley posted:

Yokai Watch 4

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Heath posted:

MM11 runs beautifully. It's a very good looking game imo

it does run beautifully, ill disagree that it's a very good looking game

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

DLC Inc posted:

is there a good stylus to use for touch controls on the Switch? I'd be fine using the handheld controls on TWEWY if I could use a plastic pen or something

I got a capacitive stylus with my smartphone a few years back and it works really good on Switch. Just look around for one of those and it'll probably serve its purpose.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I ordered a capacitive stylus since, well, I own enough touchscreen devices to make it worth my while at this point.

TWEWY isn't arriving until tomorrow (Amazon :argh:) so I'll give it a try then. I'm probably just going to stick with handheld mode.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Knorth posted:

Man, the second dungeon in Alwa's Awakening is tricky.

How is this game by the way? I keep getting almost tricked into buying 1-2 year old Steam games. I only say tricked since I assume they are cheaper on Steam

Also curious about Dungeon Village if anyone decides to pick that up or played it in the past.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's really disappointing that the TWEWY port turned out like it did. I think the original was one of the best games ever, but gutting the partner gameplay (especially when its a thematic element of the story) is a terrible choice.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

part of me is a little lowkey relieved that the twewy port is underwhleming because that means i can get a better experience for free by just booting up my old ds copy than spending unnecessary money on a new version

stinks for everyone new to the game though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But youll miss out on a teaser for a sequel that pretty assuredly is never coming.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I was really hoping for it to be good, I miss the game and would have loved to have music that wasn't compressed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Buy a DSLite and a copy of the game and enjoy it that way I guess

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If based vegeta and SSDGM vegeta boht do a level 1 super it covers the whole screen in a badass purple X

that is all

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have about 8000 capacitive rubber tip styluses in the house so I'll try TWEWY with one now. If it works well, it could be pretty redeeming. D-pad partner controls missing is disappointing but that's not fixable.

Not a Children posted:

I was really hoping for it to be good, I miss the game and would have loved to have music that wasn't compressed

The Switch is cracked so the music will be ripped sooner rather than later at least.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

is there a good stylus to use for touch controls on the Switch?

I really like my Adonit Jot Mini because it’s passive and just barely fits in the stylus cutout in my Hori Traveller case. Be warned that it’s one of those styluses with the little clear “puck” at the bottom and some people can’t stand it. I only use it for Splatfest posts until Super Mario Paint comes out and it works great for that.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I was under the impression that TWEWY Switch was good in handheld mode.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was under the impression that TWEWY Switch was good in handheld mode.

In handheld is basically just the phone version which I guess is fine but even thats a step down from the ds

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So U shouldn't revisit this game then? I haven't played it in 10 years on my DS Lite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's probably better with a stylus than with a finger, purely because you can see more under the screen without big old hands blocking most of it.

I stand by what I said this morning with it after more play time, buy if you love TWEWY a lot, wait for sale if curious or not super crazy for TWEWY but liked it, skip for sure if you don't like handheld mode.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TWEWY looks kinda ugly on Switch imo. I haven’t played it yet but it looks like it lost something in the transition to HD.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have been enjoying it quite a lot in docked mode. Even more when I had a friend for Co-op.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's been a decade since I played DS TWEWY, so I feel like I'm far enough removed from the original gameplay that I can just experience the new version for what it is. I didn't play the mobile port when it came out, and that was... six years ago? drat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I think the most fun part of Super Mario Party for my 4 year old daughter has been the actual river rafting part of the co-op mode.

Is there anything else like that on the system (or any system) for that age level? I know about Overcooked and Snipper Clips, but that's clearly too difficult at her age. Like working together to accomplish some basic task

I feel like I need to get an old XBox 360 and Kinect for her with some of those early games where you move around. She's probably like that

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It's insane that there hasn't been a sequel to TWEWY yet.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Astro7x posted:

I think the most fun part of Super Mario Party for my 4 year old daughter has been the actual river rafting part of the co-op mode.

Is there anything else like that on the system (or any system) for that age level? I know about Overcooked and Snipper Clips, but that's clearly too difficult at her age. Like working together to accomplish some basic task

I feel like I need to get an old XBox 360 and Kinect for her with some of those early games where you move around. She's probably like that

I had a similar problem with my nieces and nephews coming over for the holidays. For some reason games aimed at kids are all aimed at kids way older! Strangely enough, the solution I came up with was to let them play at horizon zero dawn on the PS4, on super Duper easy mode where your character is practically invincible. The robot dinosaurs would attack them, but they wouldn’t get hurt, and they knew enough to run around with the left analog stick and press a button to attack. I did not bother explaining what any of the other buttons did because that would probably overload their brains

Maybe look for an action game that has a similar super Duper easy mode before you spring for an Xbox and Kinect

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 12, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

The World Ends With You, referring to me.

That is incorrect.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My daughter stole a star from me and won 5 to 1 stars.

I was unacceptably upset at her.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i wish there were a bonus star for losing the most stars

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I played a game a couple of nights ago where I was 100% sure I was definitely gonna finally win one because I had 4 stars after an awesone turn where i moved far enough to buy two stars in one turn, and then warp to another on the next turn. The next turn was the last, and my buddy bought a star, got a hidden star, and then two bonus stars on top of the one he had and haha welp, ayyyy thatsa mario party!! :v:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE loving MOON posted:

I played a game a couple of nights ago where I was 100% sure I was definitely gonna finally win one because I had 4 stars after an awesone turn where i moved far enough to buy two stars in one turn, and then warp to another on the next turn. The next turn was the last, and my buddy bought a star, got a hidden star, and then two bonus stars on top of the one he had and haha welp, ayyyy thatsa mario party!! :v:

Yeah see stories like this just confirms this new Mario party has the same old bullshit we've all come to know and love about the older games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I still remember the sheer disappointment from the countdown for the mobile version.

So much excitement leading to that was just unreal.