Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Motto posted:

Oh good, list wars

beats the hell out of multi page derails about the intricacies of an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

beats the hell out of multi page derails about the intricacies of an anime.

both lists and anime own

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

top ten list of anime intricacy derails

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I want to be a Pat here and say gently caress the NES and start making excuses for why a bunch of these games are lame and don't count but I'll just take the L.

I just wasn't too hot on the NES Mini and most of Nintnedo's typical NES 1st party offerings.

very few of them are genuinely good & hold up today but theres a whole lot that are fun for an hour

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxyclean posted:

top ten list of anime intricacy derails

1. Arm Bar

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I want to be a Pat here and say gently caress the NES and start making excuses for why a bunch of these games are lame and don't count but I'll just take the L.

I just wasn't too hot on the NES Mini and most of Nintnedo's typical NES 1st party offerings.

I didn't give a poo poo about the nes mini and I bought the snes mini and loved it. I really think there was a substantial increase in the quality of the games after nintendo and other developers learned from their previous mistakes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, SNES fuckin owns. NES is no doubt important, and has gems of it's own.

I'm just tired of how much Nintendo puts NES first. Gimme SNES Online on the Switch!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am extremely happy for the Apocalypse xmen cartoon quote from Matt and Woolie during the podcast, it's one of my favorite hammy lines ever. "I AM THE ROCKS ON THE ETERNAL SHORE. CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!"

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Captain Invictus posted:

I am extremely happy for the Apocalypse xmen cartoon quote from Matt and Woolie during the podcast, it's one of my favorite hammy lines ever. "I AM THE ROCKS ON THE ETERNAL SHORE. CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!"

I wish movie Apocalypse was as hammy as the carton version.

THERE IS NO FREEDOM FROM ME. ONLY FREEDOM THROUGH ME

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah what a loving letdown, if he was a hundredth as charismatic as that hamboy he would be great

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

man how cool, matt uploaded TWO matt's nightmare videos today

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Hell Apocalypse in the comics sucks most of the time, but the actor who played apocalypse nailed it so hard that it actually made me love the big blue doofus.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
The best cartoon Apocalypse moment is when he's fighting Cable while waxing poetic about the seeming futility of his battles with the X-Men.

Cable is desperately trying not to get wrecked, doing combat rolls and dodges and poo poo, while Apoc is having an existential crisis. It's surreal.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

EVIL? I AM NOT MALEVOLENT! I SIMPLY AM!

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 11, 2018

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

theCalamity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

EVIL? I AM NOT MALEVOLENT! I SIMPLY AM!

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you!" What a big, beautiful, scenery-chewing jackass. Perfection.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why in the flying gently caress haven't the Zaibatsu read Kengan Ashura already? I can't find a more perfect match of anime for their taste of martial arts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Why in the flying gently caress haven't the Zaibatsu read Kengan Ashura already? I can't find a more perfect match of anime for their taste of martial arts.

I'm pretty sure someone gave them a description of Hanafusa Hajime and all his gunpowder heel, sharpened bones, heart jumpstarter bullshit and that was all they heard of it.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I was 100% thinking the exact same thing all the way through X-Men Apocalypse. That movie was unadulterated schlock so it was baffling that they didn't lean harder into hammy overblown Apocalypse.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm glad this conversation steered itself to the correct destination: (EDIT: holy poo poo Woolie, close your goddamn tabs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOaXSrAgrU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz15ClENoDw

Jesus loving Christ. :yokotaro:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm glad this conversation steered itself to the correct destination: (EDIT: holy poo poo Woolie, close your goddamn tabs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOaXSrAgrU

I was legit CONFUSED when I saw the video version and Woolie's tab on animal superhero groups showed up. That conversation must've been from at least two months ago??

e: no, six months ago! loving hell, I had just started my last job back then and went through a fairly lengthy depression and Woolie still has that tab open!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I was legit CONFUSED when I saw the video version and Woolie's tab on animal superhero groups showed up. That conversation must've been from at least two months ago??

e: no, six months ago! loving hell, I had just started my last job back then and went through a fairly lengthy depression and Woolie still has that tab open!

Are you new to Woolie's mental disability when it comes to tabs

Pat blew the gently caress up during a heavy rains stream they did because Woolie refused to close his 200+ tabs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woolie please just use the bookmark bar as a storage for your tabs when you think you might reopen them, you have a problem

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Are you new to Woolie's mental disability when it comes to tabs

Pat blew the gently caress up during a heavy rains stream they did because Woolie refused to close his 200+ tabs

It's like a coin. I was disgusted by the 200 tabs, but this brought to me the realization that the other side of hundreds of tabs is that they must be ancient like this half-year-old one. Space and time are of the utmost horror here.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just got to the Gameboy argument part of the podcast, and it lives up to the hype. You keep moving those goalposts Pat. :allears:

Fake Edit: And the sleeping in jeans email blowout! 10/10 podcast.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 13, 2018

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
new scrublords is the most under development bottom of the barrel theyve had in a while

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game is still somehow better than half of the poo poo slowbeef has been playing on his channel

So what I am saying is Fight Palace is the better of the two

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1050907914280398848

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1050903428937977856

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait really? Youtube is going to be this dumb!?
-Is the first thought I have whenever I see this.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 13, 2018

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Captain Baal posted:

This game is still somehow better than half of the poo poo slowbeef has been playing on his channel

So what I am saying is Fight Palace is the better of the two

I was about to say this. Despite the jank, this is well and above 'Fist Fighter'.

Scrublords 'Tongue of the Fat Man' when?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1050910595036471296?s=19

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
if anyone's curious the 3pm video did come out but youtube hosed up and it's like permanently set as unlisted or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajyNGPLvDO0

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SNAILIENS!

Also I guess the Angry Videogame Nerd is about to be ruined.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sanguinia posted:

What is this about?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

James Rolfe's entire shtick as the AVGN is mile a minute profanity.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Lol woman simulator

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Sanguinia posted:

He's transitioning to Amazon for AVGN. He'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rooster Teeth and their subsidaries should be fine.