Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yeah, Dave was right on WOR when he said that if any wrestlers speak out they’ll be looking for work pretty soon afterwards.

No they won’t, they’ll be shelved and left to rot until their contracts expire, which is way worse for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I want a supercut of Dave warning how this was bad money for months leading up to this week.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I want a supercut of Dave warning how this was bad money for months leading up to this week.

Lmao no one thought this was a good idea. It's so tragic.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

It’s literally a “they dug too deep” thing where they were already fine financially and still threw themselves into a tire fire because they saw a dollar in there. It was already biting them in the rear end before the diplomat issue and now it’s just like someone walked up and threw more gas on the flames and frankly I’m glad of it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Your Parents posted:

If Vince is the Million Dollar Man, and everyone has a price, we know Vince's price is thousands of dead Yemenis

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hey we are back with the history of TNA!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1051569677485387776

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s literally a “they dug too deep” thing where they were already fine financially and still threw themselves into a tire fire because they saw a dollar in there. It was already biting them in the rear end before the diplomat issue and now it’s just like someone walked up and threw more gas on the flames and frankly I’m glad of it

If this leads to any sort of negative thing other than them quietly riding it out and collecting millions, I will change my name/avatar to something butt-related for at least a year :toxx:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Helicity posted:

If this leads to any sort of negative thing other than them quietly riding it out and collecting millions, I will change my name/avatar to something butt-related for at least a year :toxx:

Well butts are good, but okay!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1051673500660961280

If you haven't listened to last week's show (first time we've done 2 back to back weeks from the same year in a row), then listen to that first, but I'm VERY curious what people think of the WCW section. We feel like we cracked the code on some conventional wisdom, but I wanna see what everyone else thinks coming out of it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lol at Meltzer going off at how insignificant Bound For Glory was relative to the Saudi deal, Bullet Club, death Don Leo Jonathan death and every other news story under the sun. Also said no one watched the PPV!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Who is Garrett Gonzalez and why is doing so many WORs as of late?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

lol at Meltzer going off at how insignificant Bound For Glory was relative to the Saudi deal, Bullet Club, death Don Leo Jonathan death and every other news story under the sun. Also said no one watched the PPV!

What part of that is wrong?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listened to Russo’s new podcast Truth and Consequences. They establish in the first 5 minutes that Russo will tell “his version” of the truth and the host won’t call him on anything, making sure we all know there is zero truth and no consequences.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Garret is replacing Bryan

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Who is Garrett Gonzalez and why is doing so many WORs as of late?

He's a friend of Dave's and I think it's just a result of Bryan having a kid now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

rovert posted:

I liked when Bryan was then like "Okay well then what's next?" and Dave was like "I dunno."

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

rovert posted:

I watched it and it was pretty great. Unironically I'm now one of those guys who says tna ppvs are better than wwe ppvs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Your Parents posted:

I watched it and it was pretty great. Unironically I'm now one of those guys who says tna ppvs are better than wwe ppvs.

:same:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

that's an incredibly low bar to clear, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"this rotten egg tasted way better than licking that puddle of motor oil"

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Alaois posted:

"this rotten egg tasted way better than licking that puddle of motor oil"

Dude the sinister minister tricked Allie into giving up her soul and becoming trapped in the Undead Realm and then Rosemary and Su Yung shot undertaker lightning at each other. It was incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

It was really was funny how obvious it was the few people watching were streaming because interest died off at like 10 PM.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I couldn't find what twitch channel it was on so I didn't see it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

projecthalaxy posted:

Those Sorts Of People, op. You know what i mean.

I know what the word hipster is coded as which is exactly why I didn't use it. If you're trying to assert there aren't people who are into things because of the irony of being into them, well, let me talk to you for a bit about my feelings on The Emoj Film.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Your Parents posted:

Dude the sinister minister tricked Allie into giving up her soul and becoming trapped in the Undead Realm and then Rosemary and Su Yung shot undertaker lightning at each other. It was incredible.

and then you got some incredibly russo-esque booking in the main event, so. win some, lose some.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was reading the 3-11-96 observer and Dave just casually mentions that his brother is a traveling comedian who does shows in CA. I can't fathom what type of comedy a Meltzer could deliver. Wish I could have seen it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tato posted:

I was reading the 3-11-96 observer and Dave just casually mentions that his brother is a traveling comedian who does shows in CA. I can't fathom what type of comedy a Meltzer could deliver. Wish I could have seen it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

His brother recently did a show with Big Rick/Ezekial Jackson in the audience. His brother does a gag where he has an audience member punch him and then he punches him back, but this time he thought it'd be really funny if Zeke did a working punch and he sold it like he was dead. The crowd was just concerned he got knocked out and didn't laugh. Also that weekend Dave got recognized at Hot Topic.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you go on the website you can watch him and his wife do a comedic product demo of an MRI machine or something

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave on a recent WOR said something to the extent of "when I was teaching at Stanford" but didn't expand on that. Was he some sort of guest lecturer?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the 30 year ongoing story of dave burying the lede on how insane his life is

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

His brother recently did a show with Big Rick/Ezekial Jackson in the audience. His brother does a gag where he has an audience member punch him and then he punches him back, but this time he thought it'd be really funny if Zeke did a working punch and he sold it like he was dead. The crowd was just concerned he got knocked out and didn't laugh. Also that weekend Dave got recognized at Hot Topic.

The show where he talked about this is one of the all time greats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Date and timestamp pls.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

Dave on a recent WOR said something to the extent of "when I was teaching at Stanford" but didn't expand on that. Was he some sort of guest lecturer?

He guest lectures on sports business every year.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Interesting, the way he said I assumed it was a one off or something in the more distant past at least.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

I would have pinned him as an American Eagle guy considering the state of his loving jeans.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So excited for BVC Retro Review tomorrow reviewing the first Russo Nitro.

Watched it this weekend and it was decades long. Also, I miss old TNA IMPACT reviews.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 15, 2018

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

So excited for BVC Retro Review tomorrow reviewing the first Russo Nitro.

Watch it this weekend and it was decades long. Also, I miss old TNA IMPACT reviews.

The first Russo Nitro, coming off the 1999 before it, is actually pretty good comparatively because it isn't so goddamn boring.

Once you get two or three in it starts being miserable like every regime change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

I just got to this part and it was loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It's probably dumb of me but man I didn't like Lance's take on how you can't say WWE is bad for going through with the Saudi Arabia deal at the moment. Yes I can Lance, I can say it super easy.