Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Eej posted:

In conclusion gently caress twitter

:wrong:

https://twitter.com/hourlywolvesbot/status/1051276605195206657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

is that the dumbshit who was posting our nuke sub locations for epeen points?

Different guy. The nuclear detection dude, DefenseSupportParty, had his career ruined. He stopped by a year or two after getting out of the airforce to tell us about how he was arrested and interrogated. A while after that, his roommate came here to inform us that he had killed himself.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 14, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
At least he'll live on as a slide in a training powerpoint for the indoc session of whatever unit that was.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

psydude posted:

Different guy. The nuclear detection dude, DefenseSupportParty, had his career ruined. He stopped by a year or two after getting out of the airforce to tell us about how he was arrested and interrogated. A while after that, his roommate came here to inform us that he had killed himself.

I'd say that qualifies as having his life ruined.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'd say that qualifies as having his life ruined.

He enlisted in the air force, that was implied already.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Twitter gives us thoughts of dog and his stuffed fren Sebastian the elephant.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Lou Takki posted:

He enlisted in the air force, that was implied already.

I would argue based on my experience as a helo Medevac flight engineer in the air force but that actually made things worse

(thanks PTSD)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I still find it hard to believe that crypto devices that I used in the 90s were verboten to talk about out side of a common or mi shop are freely posted on the net now, either through wiki or other websites.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

I still find it hard to believe that crypto devices that I used in the 90s were verboten to talk about out side of a common or mi shop are freely posted on the net now, either through wiki or other websites.

The Raytheon point to point encryption devices are largely being replaced by multipoint double encryption schemes using COTS products, because someone at the NSA finally realized how dumb it was that the military was using proprietary technology that was worse than what the civilian world uses.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

poo poo. I had no idea he killed himself. Man :sigh:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Speaking of famous GIP goons. Anyone know if Caro is doing ok? I know Lowtax unbanned him. He could do a really epic “Ask/Tell” if someone convinced him, provided he is on meds of course.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know that caro has even come back to the forums, let alone that he'd do an AMA.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eej posted:

The best sauce for tendies is honey

Which is technically not a sauce

Yeah turns out I retweeted it but not liked it so it never showed up

In conclusion gently caress twitter

aside from this https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1051295441281802245?s=19

He's not wrong.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

:bisonyes:
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1051471848997867520?s=09

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FellowGritty/status/1051484312133140480

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:gritty:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nsf001
smashthestate

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
WREG NewsChannel 3: Man run over by lawn mower while trying to kill son with chainsaw.
https://wreg.com/2018/10/12/man-run-over-by-lawn-mower-while-trying-to-kill-son-with-chainsaw/

Ah... news of the south.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

WREG NewsChannel 3: Man run over by lawn mower while trying to kill son with chainsaw.
https://wreg.com/2018/10/12/man-run-over-by-lawn-mower-while-trying-to-kill-son-with-chainsaw/

Ah... news of the south.

:stare:

That’s amazing

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Speaking of famous GIP goons. Anyone know if Caro is doing ok? I know Lowtax unbanned him. He could do a really epic “Ask/Tell” if someone convinced him, provided he is on meds of course.

Hey let's have the dude relive experiences that by rights should have killed him dozens of times over and had him begging for death for our amusement. gently caress off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EBB posted:

nsf001
smashthestate

"Look, I'm just an accountant, the NSF stuff is just weekend duty"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Hey let's have the dude relive experiences that by rights should have killed him dozens of times over and had him begging for death for our amusement. gently caress off.

Did you have the same reaction to 127 Hours?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Chichevache posted:

Did you have the same reaction to 127 Hours?

let me be the first of probably a dozen people to tell you even a very bad hiking accident isn't equivalent to being tortured for years in a Syrian prison

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

let me be the first of probably a dozen people to tell you even a very bad hiking accident isn't equivalent to being tortured for years in a Syrian prison

Yeah this

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Deathy McDeath posted:

poo poo. I had no idea he killed himself. Man :sigh:

Oh wow - I remember when the initial drama went down. Sucks.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Also being online in the first place nearly killed Caro twice and possibly led to Caro killing people (if he did) so him being offline sounds great.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
We're lucky enough we got a definative epilogue to Caro's story. He was our POW/MIA. All throughout, for years, when Syria came up in the news someone had a Caro joke on deck to keep his name in our brainspace.

And he came home :unsmith:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was sure he was dead, and someone said that Brown Moses had a source that said he was be tortured in a prison, and I was like "Yeah right"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The last anyone knew was that he was begging to be killed.
Then surprise the CIA got him out

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Sorry I wasn't trying to come across as insensitive, the man has insights into the Libyan/Syrian civil wars that no one else has. Especially the brutality of the Syrian regime. Though due to his mental disorders and his experiences, staying away from the internet and especially these forums is probably for the best.

With that said, if he were ever to be interviewed by a proper journalist and that interview was published, I would read it.

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013

Solaris 2.0 posted:

the man has insights into the Libyan/Syrian civil wars that no one else has.

quote:

Though due to his mental disorders and his experiences,

Can you see the flaw with your assertion?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

A SOF Marine posted:

Can you see the flaw with your assertion?

Yea. Not a hill I'm willing to die on. I change my mind. Let's leave the man be, hope he's getting treatment, and never looks at the internet again.

In other news, looks the Afd gained seats in Bavaria.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45857699

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Yea. Not a hill I'm willing to die on. I change my mind. Let's leave the man be, hope he's getting treatment, and never looks at the internet again.

In other news, looks the Afd gained seats in Bavaria.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45857699

That was kinda expected with past year's election in mind. The good thing is that non-Nazis in the Green Party almost hit 20%, and every non-Nazi party is okay in my book. Another thing to mention is the massive defeat of the social democrats that shat the bed incredibly despite the CSU stumbling over their own feet.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Solaris 2.0 posted:

With that said, if he were ever to be interviewed by a proper journalist and that interview was published, I would read it.

One was done. I think it was GQ. Something exists. His name isnt Caro so Im actually at a loss on what key words to google.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kevin Patrick Dawes

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Kevin Patrick Dawes

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes is the GQ article

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

poo poo or get off the pot Mike, we don't have time for this nonsense.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212/status/1051511016633315328

lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can Mike still vote? :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

New rules thread posted since I didn't get tons of feedback from any corner. The codified "cop rule" has been dropped since I really can't morally defend it anymore.

• Locked thread